Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Again facts are important here. Trump is not repealing DACA it is expiring. So when you start with a comment just familiarize yourself with the history of the program.
    Trump killed DACA, so use whatever word you want. e negotiated in bad faith, and was caught lying about negotiations. he was offered a bipartisan plan, one he said he would sign, then he went back on his statement... so many lies.

- - - Updated - - -

I am a citizen the government is supposed to work for me not 800k illegal aliens.
    Actually, the United States Constitution says it works for everyone under its jurisdiction, which would include all the DACA recipients.

On a side note, welcome back from your two-year hiatus from the forums. You must have been a very busy boy the past two years.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-01-20 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are literally arguing against individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. You seem to have a lot of animosity towards people who weren't harming others.
    It is liberty to give 800k people amnesty,change nothing and repeat in ten years? Governments purpose is to serve the citizen and the Democrat party shutdown the government for the non-citizen. DACA recipients have lower graduation rates, higher crime, and through chain migration will cost the US government billions. The entire purpose of a country is to have borders, a distinct culture, and to enforce its laws.

The Democrats refuse to fund the government unless they get amnesty for 800k illegal aliens. That is the definition of hostage.
    it's actually the children on Chip that they are holding hostage. The democrats are hurting 8.9 million poor children in the country legally in exchange for DACA recipients. all of whom are illegal adults. The democrats hatred for the American people knows no bounds.

It is liberty to give 800k people amnesty,change nothing and repeat in ten years? Governments purpose is to serve the citizen and the Democrat party shutdown the government for the non-citizen. DACA recipients have lower graduation rates, higher crime, and through chain migration will cost the US government billions. The entire purpose of a country is to have borders, a distinct culture, and to enforce its laws.
    A distinct culture... Haha

Trump killed DACA, so use whatever word you want. e negotiated in bad faith, and was caught lying about negotiations. he was offered a bipartisan plan, one he said he would sign, then he went back on his statement... so many lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the United States Constitution says it works for everyone under its jurisdiction, which would include all the DACA recipients.

On a side note, welcome back from your two-year hiatus from the forums. You must have been a very busy boy the past two years.
    DACA shouldn't have even been a thing. it was a circumvention of the law. It was refusing to enforce the law because congress didn't act.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I'm kind of annoyed now that my Acadian culture is being glossed over, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Afaik you need 60 votes to pass a budget law in the senate, anything below that will not do.

Since 3 republicans voted against, it needed a miracle to succeed.

- - - Updated - - -

In the form it was represented enough democrat senators were willing to sing to reach a 60 majority and then Trump torpedo'd it.
    So what does this have to do with funding the government? The three republicans who voted against it constitute the republicans shutting down the gov? What about the entire democrat party then I assume then by your reasoning they are not responsible for this shutdown?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    There is no culture in the USA?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am a citizen the government is supposed to work for me not 800k illegal aliens.
    Sorry but they work for everyone who cared enough to vote for them to uphold their rights enshrined in your constitution. 14th amendment: If a person is subject to US Jurisdiction they're a US citizen.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Like what???? That sums up the modern Democrat party.

Yes, it is individual liberty, do I need to explain the definition of all of these words?

Te government's job is to serve everyone under its jurisdiction, and that includes the DACA recipients.

How did the Democrats (and only the Democrats) shut down the government? They are not in charge. A plan was brought to rump, and even after he said he would sign off on it, he didn't. Tat makes him a proven liar.

I never said you had to give a penny to DAA recipients. Also, the last time I checked, I'm pretty sure DACA recipients actually had lower crime rates.

You seem to think that a country is obligated to force its "culture" onto others, it doesn't need to do that. That's just what nationalistic assholes want to do. You see it in places like Saudi Arabia all the time. I'm going to go ahead and side with individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets, thanks. It's a shame you oppose such things.

Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    After 4 deadline extensions, Democrats and some Republicans have agreed to no more extensions and as of midnight January 20, federal funding for non-essential programs have been exhausted.

For most Americans this won't effect them, but for many military and federal employees their pay may be suspended and they will stay home (except for shutting down offices and collecting paperwork and etc. on Monday).
    The "fun" part is going to be who is to blame.

Who will get the blame: Democrats...pretty much everyone on the internet has gone either republican ( because you get more viewers on youtube for that) or full on sjw...so the blame will go to the democrats.

Who should get the blame: Republicans. ( mostly trump). He was trying to push some immigration reforms to. And now he is using anger of the people to push it thru.

Deleted
    They cant put a budget forward because they don't have 60 votes in the senate again our system requires the minority party to have input unless you garnish a super majority. The Democrats did it to Bush the Republicans did it to Obama and now the Democrats are doing it to Trump. The 60 vote threshold must be eliminated so the party in power can govern
    They will never abolish that rule because it means that they can use it against each other and eliminate any form of opposition in the future, and that's my dear, not how politics work, and will ever work, in any democracy.

Like what???? That sums up the modern Democrat party.
    As someone who is not a Democrat, and has never been a Democrat, I don't give a shit if you try to insult them. As bad as the Democratic Party is, they aren't being led by a compulsive liar who sexualizes his own daughters, and is accused of sexual assault by multiple women. Man, I'm sure glad I didn't compromise my principles by voting for such a shitty human being.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Democrats aren't putting up with a single concession. they want DACA legalized plus funding for CHIP plus every program under the sun all to protect illegals, and 0 border funding. If the Republicans give them all of those, they might consider helping out. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me at all /sarcasm
    The Republicans control the House, Senate, and White House. Before you cast stones at the Democrats, consider why with control of ALL THREE they can't manage to get this legislation through.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Sorry but they work for everyone who cared enough to vote for them to uphold their rights enshrined in your constitution. 14th amendment: If a person is subject to US Jurisdiction they're a US citizen.
    So anyone that comes into the country is a citizen. Are they allowing computer time at psychiatric facility again?

Government shut downs don't work against a sitting President. It didn't work against Clinton, Obama or even now Trump. All Trump has to do is play the waiting game.

totally misreading that. that's meant for citizens of "acquired" territory. You're telling me that you read that to mean that everyone who comes here on a tourist visa is a legal citizen and can vote now?

Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    DACA shouldn't have even been a thing. it was a circumvention of the law. It was refusing to enforce the law because congress didn't act.
    It was also a step towards more individual freedom, less government intervention, and more free-market principles. I'm shocked that so many so-called conservatives would be opposed to such ideals.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not true. A person is subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, regardless of whether he or she is a citizen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    it's actually the children on Chip that they are holding hostage. The democrats are hurting 8.9 million poor children in the country legally in exchange for DACA recipients. all of whom are illegal adults. The democrats hatred for the American people knows no bounds.
    The GOP is the one who ended CHIP, so it would seem they are the ones holding those kids "hostage."

Sad!!!

Deleted
    So anyone that comes into the country is a citizen. Are they allowing computer time at psychiatric facility again?
    According to international accords you temporarily become a citizen in any country you visit, for the amount of time you stay.

If that wasn't the case, you'd pretty much be on a diplomat level and you wouldn't be able to be prosecuted in a foreign country.

So what does this have to do with funding the government? The three republicans who voted against it constitute the republicans shutting down the gov? What about the entire democrat party then I assume then by your reasoning they are not responsible for this shutdown?

- - - Updated - - -

There is no culture in the USA?
    There is no singular culture. my culture is clearly far different from yours.