Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I wont blame them, the new set of animations meamt that they would have had to go back and give all the old models those animations too, that increases the time and effort the animation team has to spend by a large amount. After awhile companies have to cut costs. I personally think that some of the new models dont really do the races justice, like the new male night elf model which looks too goofy compared to the old one.
    Or the old models could've just continued to use the old racial animations?

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Yep, they removed old taurens in 7.3.5.

They removed every old skeleton in 7.0, along with old blood elf & night elf textures because of demon hunters. In 7.3, draeneis lost their old textures, and now taurens have lost theirs..

They're probably gonna remove the "show new model" option completely in bfa, it truly is a shame that they won't support the original models anymore

Still mourning the loss of the old undead male skeleton, I'm forced to spam noggenfogger elixirs, but then I won't see my transmog..

Yeah, disgusting. Oh well, I unsubbed, might come back to test bfa, but not sure.

All said and done: When you keep your engine moving forward there is only so much legacy support you can offer and it seems we're gradually reaching the point where old models just can't and won't work anymore. I'm sorry if you preferred the old ones, truly I am, but nothing short of breaking the ToS/EULA will allow you to use them now and even that might not work.

That's the end of it. I appreciate it sucks and I'm sure the old models were very personally dear to you. Unfortunately games either keep moving forward or they stay still and rot. Vanilla will be here eventually for you.

"Bliz, why does my character only use the one attack animation now?"

It's not just that, it's all the new cinematic animations and quest specific animation too. Stuff like raising your weapon to empower artifact and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Looking at your UI I can clearly see you're stuck in the past.
    Goddamn someone get OP to a burn unit STAT
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    All said and done: When you keep your engine moving forward there is only so much legacy support you can offer and it seems we're gradually reaching the point where old models just can't and won't work anymore. I'm sorry if you preferred the old ones, truly I am, but nothing short of breaking the ToS/EULA will allow you to use them now and even that might not work.

That's the end of it. I appreciate it sucks and I'm sure the old models were very personally dear to you. Unfortunately games either keep moving forward or they stay still and rot. Vanilla will be here eventually for you.
    It's not that they can't or won't work, Blizzard purposely decided to just go "fuck it" and outright remove them instead of keeping them.
    Not something I'm a fan of either because UD male models, SINCE LEGION PREPATCH, has bugged as fuck shoulders that are seated wrong. Had to racechange all of my characters due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    It's not that they can't or won't work, Blizzard purposely decided to just go "fuck it" and outright remove them instead of keeping them.
    Not something I'm a fan of either because UD male models, SINCE LEGION PREPATCH, has bugged as fuck shoulders that are seated wrong. Had to racechange all of my characters due to it.
    If you have been using the old models since Legion then you have not had access to many of the new animations and effects added since then. Those new additions work exclusively with the animation engine developed after MoP launch and were never retrofitted. The suggestion that Blizzard should develop matching animations for legacy models is unfeasible. It'd literally double-or-more the workload, that's if the original animation tools even still exists and haven't been cannibalised by the tools team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It's not just that, it's all the new cinematic animations and quest specific animation too. Stuff like raising your weapon to empower artifact and what not.
    Wouldn't mind if those minor things were bugged with the old models, the new animations have been ridden with bugs all of legion anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I just noticed how shitty my main looked, only to realize it was the ''new'' models that I never used. I checked settings and I have not enabled "show new models''

So I tried checking, applying, unchecking, repeat. No matter what, the ugly models are displayed. Bug or intended? Any fix?
    Soo, you're problem is... development happening?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with highmountain tauren. Currently the only races that can't use the old models are Draenei, Night Elves, Blood elves, and Tauren, all of which share a skeleton with an allied race that's implemented in 7.3.5.

Because I prefer it that way? Because I like the old aesthetics over the new? Because I've had this look since 2005 and I've enjoyed it? Because I'm not a indoctrinated fanboygoy like the rest of you who applauds everything Blizz does, even the shitty changes? I can give you a hundred more reasons.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT WHICH SET OF MODELS LOOKS THE BETTER - ITS ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC ISSUE. STAY ONT OR GTFO.
    I agree that if they intend to give people the option they shouldn't randomly remove it.

But I'm curious: why would you want to run through 2017-2018 updated zones, with hi-res mounts and hunter pets, and sometimes even gear, on a character from 2004 with a quarter (or less) of the polygon count and a texel density that is laughable by today's standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I agree that if they intend to give people the option they shouldn't randomly remove it.

But I'm curious: why would you want to run through 2017-2018 updated zones, with hi-res mounts and hunter pets, and sometimes even gear, on a character from 2004 with a quarter (or less) of the polygon count and a texel density that is laughable by today's standard?
    Why do people transmog into old gear?

Why do people transmog into old gear?
    Because some of the old gear isn't translated to high definition yet.

I know that I would jump to a new Judgment set if it was HDified.

And I would never pick Warrior T6 over Warrior T20 if I had the option of having either.

But that's just me.

Cant speak for OP, but as a male troll main, I don't use the new models because the bouncy gait they gave male trolls is a bit annoying. We used to run with a stiff crouch which I honestly liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Cant speak for OP, but as a male troll main, I don't use the new models because the bouncy gait they gave male trolls is a bit annoying. We used to run with a stiff crouch which I honestly liked.
    Ah, I understand that one. I also understand it when you play a Night Elf male or Troll Male because those are two models that really didn't get the same amount of attention that, say, Orc or Dwarf males got.

Because some of the old gear isn't translated to high definition yet.

I know that I would jump to a new Judgment set if it was HDified.

And I would never pick Warrior T6 over Warrior T20 if I had the option of having either.

But that's just me.
    Just because something is in HD doesn't automatically mean everyone will prefer it.
    It isn't just the low vs high poly count, but the rigid casting/running animations the old models had were much better to play with. Every race now runs like a bouncy panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like for them to be gone so they can finally give the HD models some new haircuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Yeah, it sucks, but it was inevitable
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Yeah, disgusting. Oh well, I unsubbed, might come back to test bfa, but not sure.
    Ok, bye. We'll miss you, random stranger who's sole reason for playing is old models. I hear this hot new game called runescape has amazing graphics. You might like it.