View Poll Results: Which class should be brought in next?

Voters
615. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

430 69.92%
  • Necromancer

185 30.08%
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    You mean using spirits as pets right?
    Not sure why you would need a whole new class for that, would work as a glyph over the skeletons.

Lorewise DK's definitely utilise spirits, it's where they get their undead horse mounts from, the shadow realm.
    Necromancer like the mogu have access to the Spirit realm but death knights are limited to the shadow realm which is a small part of the realm that holds the afterlife. They can use spirits and reanimate them into anything death knights can only reanimate the dead in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    While the definition may be vast, the core of what it is WELL covered by the DK class.
    In lore not in game they don't use spirits very well and can't reanimated souls into machines or whatever objects they want like the mogu.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Neither.

If necros were made, DK's will need to expect the same treatment Demo locks were given when DH's were made.

And Tinkerers just sound too goofy IMO. I'd rather it be another name.

Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    Neither.

If necros were made, DK's will need to expect the same treatment Demo locks were given when DH's were made.

And Tinkerers just sound too goofy IMO. I'd rather it be another name.
    What happened to demo... I haven't played demo. Oh well the ideas behind the changes made sense demos suppose to be about demons not the warlock just like beast master about the pet not the hunter. I'm sure blizzard fucked this up though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    In lore not in game they don't use spirits very well and can't reanimated souls into machines or whatever objects they want like the mogu.
    So you want to create a new class that puts souls into machines and call it a Necromancer?

How would that work exactly gameplay-wise?

So you want to create a new class that puts souls into machines and call it a Necromancer?

How would that work exactly gameplay-wise?
    No a class that focuses on spirits instead of the undead... They can channel spirits to tank or self possess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Tinker would likely either a) replace Engineering (pissing a lot of people off), b) force 1 of the Profession Slots to be Engineering, or c) require a revamp for Engineering or Professions in general.

Other than that, both classes have equal potential for unique and fun gameplay.

I prefer Necromancer, but that's obviously personal taste.
    Still, good luck fighting through the hordes of people claiming that Necromancers make no sense.

I'm that crazy player who thinks it's possible to have DK, Necromancer, Dark Ranger and Hunter in the same game.
    I guess some would say Monk, Rogue, Demon Hunter and Warlock prove me wrong. Wait...
    I just really don't understand this line of thinking. What has a profession and a class got to do with each other. Should Resto Druid be canned because you can harvest plants with Herbalism and create potions with Alchemy using those plants? Same with Rogues that have a class ability where they literally drink out of an alchemical glass for healing.

Engineering would COMPLIMENT the Tinkerer fantasy and gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    No a class that focuses on spirits instead of the undead... They can channel spirits to tank or self possess.
    Like Shadow Priests?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Have you played WoD? The entirety of the Iron Horde shows that the orcs can, yes, be ""tinkers""
    True

Dwarves have much more technological ties than the Draenei. Have been in Ironforge? The Draenei have no technology whatsoever and all they have is all magic-based, not technology-based.
    Obviously you didnt pay attention at all in WoD or to the Legion tech(which is Eredar tech).

- - - Updated - - -

A horrible representation you say?
    If you say so, theyre literally necros besides the name. What you guys want is a demo lock with undead minions instead of demons. Go play demo lock and leave unholy alone.

Like I said earlier Blizzard could just make a “Green Fire” tome for Demo Lock necromancy. Id rather them focus on detailing the other 12 classes we have anyways before focusing on a new class, DH only has two specs.

Even if they were to decide to make a new class, it would be a dark rangerish ranged class.
    Last edited by mostvp71; 2018-01-20 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Obviously you didnt pay attention at all in WoD or to the Legion tech(which is Eredar tech).
    Yes, I have. The entirety of the draenei ""technology"" is nothing but magic-based. All based on magic gems and crystals.

As for the Burning Legion, their technology is not solely eredar tech. See: gan'arg and mo'arg, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Tinker would likely either a) replace Engineering (pissing a lot of people off), b) force 1 of the Profession Slots to be Engineering, or c) require a revamp for Engineering or Professions in general.
    A. A class can't replace a profession since a character can have a class and a 2 professions at the same time.

B. I support a Tinker class starting with 300-400 points in Engineering. If the player doesn't want it, they can simply spec into a different profession.

C. Engineering won't require a revamp. The purpose of Engineering is to collect materials to build items for sale. The purpose of a class is to either tank, damage, or heal in groups or solo. As is often said around these parts: A Tinker tanking a dungeon doesn't effect an Engineer collecting screws to make a pair of goggles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Hey guys, I think they should add a medic in the game, I mean you could quickly stitch people up, you'd be able to search for supplies to up your medical kit, herbs could be syringes! They could give stat boosts and stuff!

And don't tell me first aid is a thing, it's not the same, and you're a troll for trying to say it is. Now I'm going to keep spaming this idea every few months in the forums because it's such a good idea!
    Hunters have this ability, and its better than anything in First Aid:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=212640/mending-bandage

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "priest is paladin, so lets remove paladin. warlock is demon hunter, so lets remove demon hunter."

both would be good op. i would kinda prefer tinker, but necromancer would be sick.
    If this would mean Demonology getting Demonic Leap back I would support this 100%.

See! Clearly proof that medics are already a large part in this game! We should demand that we get our medic class! Lets start a petition and force it in front of blizzard!
    I got no problem with a medic. OT, I would make it part of the Tinker clsss as it's healing spec. I would give it a bandage ability, healing spray and adrenaline bomb from the Goblin Alchemist/Blackfuse Engineer, and bio gun, bio grenade, and nano-boost from Ana (Overwatch).

First healing class that doesn't use Mana.

Like Shadow Priests?
    Shadow priest manfiest things for the void not spirits...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    If this would mean Demonology getting Demonic Leap back I would support this 100%.
    I think demonology should be able to take some aspect of it's pets but demon form was to far. It made a spec called demonology solely about the warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    tinker i guess

but my real vote is bard. guitar hero in wow, fuuuuck ya

harmony spec: heals souls and wounds with harmonious tones

mad riffage spec: buff characters for short periods of time with sick riffs

shredder: damage the enemies senses with screeching solos

it could work. it fuckin could
    im for it 10/10
    My name is what makes me so manly.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think both are equally doable. If you really want and invest a bit of creativity, you can make both classes unique, with three specs.

Pfff, medics are a stand alone class, tinkers have nothing on medics. In fact there's more medics than tinkers in the game, so we should force medics to be the next class by never shutting the fuck up about it
    If people are demanding it that much maybe it's worth consideration or debate... If you don't like don't join in on the discussion. We can't force blizzard to do anything your using hyperbole and being immature but that's nothing new. Your really emotional man.

There are lot of medic npc but they wear priest gear and have priest abilities...
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-20 at 10:43 PM.

As long as the Tinker does not have a melee dps spec ill go with that.

But there really isn't that many people demanding it, there's the same people who post the same thread every few weeks/months. This needs to be put into a single mega thread so I can ignore it and not have to keep seeing it.

Blizz already said no
    It doesn't fit with the game's current set
    This isn't maplestory where they'll just jam any new idea people think of into it
    For the medics wear priest gear, guess what tinkers would use? Mostly hunter shit, have mostly hunter abilities and or engineering abilities only slightly revamped.

As for emotional, you're reading too much into it. I'm saying tinker makes less bloody sense than a medic, and a medic themed class would be fucking retarded.
    When did blizzard say no? They can use mech in combat that's something we can't do live. You're being super emotional and heavily invest in this discussion but for the wrong reasons.. If it's never going to happen than why post here.

I would like both of them. Give me a Bard as well!

I love Necromancers, but given that we already have Warlocks and Death Knights, I'm more likely to vote for Tinkers.

It would be really cool if they had a combined playstyle of ranged and melee. I could imagine the tinker using guns (maybe too much like hunters?) and then having some kind of mechanical armor they could use on CD to go crazy in melee range. I think Tinkers would need to have some different machines in their rotation.

PS. Bards need to F off!