Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I think it’s easy to say “I don’t care about HvA”, but no one is going to be completely unbiased in who is right and who is wrong so if someone gives a differing opinion the natural reaction will be to defend your position.
    Sure, but it's quite possible to think they're both wrong. The bias doesn't have to be in favour of one faction to the detriment of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sure, but it's quite possible to think they're both wrong. The bias doesn't have to be in favour of one faction to the detriment of the other.
    I’m just commenting on people’s reactions to these cinematics. “Who is the aggressor?” Is a very popular topic of discussion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghargatuloth View Post
    Wait, isn't the shadowlands not the only afterlife confirmed? With the entire Uuna questline thing, she is trapped in a dark place, but her parents are in a holy light bathed afterlife where they seem to be at peace.

no?
    she's in a dark place, sylvanas was in a dark place, arthas is in a dark place. i don't really think they were the shadowlands, but it could be i guess.

it seems like there's just different areas of the shadowlands, some of them are dark and filled with shades, like where dk's go to get their horse. others are just normal, what you go to when you die in game. most ghosts probably live in that state, while followers of the holy light seem to be called into the realm of the light.

the shadowlands are the realm of death, the only realm of death. your soul can be sucked into the void though, and that seems to be what happened to at least sylvanas and arthas imo. uuna just seemed to be in a ghetto part of the shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    5-6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think Ashran is cannon, and how do you know they attacked first?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, im not saying the alliance have no reason to hate the horde/want to attack them, but imo they clearly started it this time. Both times in Legion and in BFA. Horde had no chance but to leave the shore. It was either die together or leave and try to live to fight another day. They were being slaughtered.
    Go to both war camps, the alliance talk about being attacked. The horde talk about attacking first afraid the alliance will use the relic against them if its found.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Koltira, you were -close-! Though I didn't think it was to re-educate him so much as punish him. Forever. Because Sylvanas sees that as an acceptable result of betrayal.

On another note: People keep saying Sylvanas is "Dooming" people to the blackness beyond death... but um... Everyone goes there. Undead or not.

It's called the Shadowlands. It's where Death Knights send a party of NPCs to go grab a chunk of Proudmoore, who wasn't undead. It's where Arthas, who is clearly undead, also went after his demise.

Everyone goes to the Shadowlands when they die. Sylvanas doesn't ever want to go there, or want her people the Forsaken to go there. That's why she's seeking Immortality for them all. It's also why she was willing (but unable) to kill her sister Vereesa Windrunner and raise her as an undead elf. She saw it as a way to keep her from ever going to the Shadowlands. As a way of "Saving" or "Protecting" her.

So... y'know. That's a thing.
    But Sylvanas wanted to go back to the shadowlands, since it was paradise for her before being raised into undeath. But afterwards it was hell.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Nothing indicates that the Desolate Council is NOT a rebellion as they act AGAINST Sylvanas, the true leader of the forsaken.
    Sylvanas herself calling the council's creation "not unreasonable" is enough indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Garrosh may be dead and gone, but his deeds live on. The hatreds, distrust and the threat of WMDs live on and keep things progressing towards conflict. Conflict that has become inevitable now that nukes are popping out of the ground to fight over.
    Pretty much. The wound is just too fresh to be forgotten. It was to be expected that the consequences of Garrosh's actions wouldn't have ended with his death. The strong desire of the Horde to stand on its feet once again and the Alliance's reinvigorated distrust are the direct results of Garrosh's legacy and these were inevitably going to clash against one another.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-01-20 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ame_feel_like/
    Seems like the scaling feedback isn't bad as it initially was.
    ONE person who likes the change doesnt make the thousands who rightfully say its bad disappear....

ONE person who likes the change doesnt make the thousands who rightfully say its bad disappear....
    Rightfully? What makes their opinion more right?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Sylvanas herself calling the council's creation "not unreasonable" is enough indication.
    No, that just says she understands them nothin more.

7+ Year Old Account
    And a bunch of comments. People were complaining day 0 of the patch simply because it's a change. The time difference to level isn't that huge. Heck it might even be faster if you have a max level friend boosting you than it was before (less time traveling between dungeons because of scaling).
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    One person, right, i think this purple apache helicopter is full of shit imo.

And its a comendian too, "rightfully say"

Damn, didint knew the US military had those comedians machines.

Anyone else think Void Elves were supposed to be Undead Elves originally?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And a bunch of comments. People were complaining day 0 of the patch simply because it's a change. The time difference to level isn't that huge. Heck it might even be faster if you have a max level friend boosting you than it was before (less time traveling between dungeons because of scaling).
    It doesn't seem slower at all to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem slower at all to me.
    Pretty much what I'm thinking as well. I'll have a lot more free time to do some testing in a week or two (since I still have some 1-100 stats from before), but if there is any difference, it probably isn't too big.

90-100 if for sure faster because you can just do the treasures + bonus objectives without worrying about diminishing xp because of over leveling. If if does take longer from 1-60, that difference is probably negated with 58-100.

And having a friend level boost you through dungeons is for sure faster since you can do 10/hour dungeons that have a quick path from end to start and don't have to worry about outleveling anf flying to the next most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.wowhead.com/news=280933/c...ay-jan-21-23rd

here's the info on the new mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    That black one really should have been earnable for everyone. Theres no reason to double reward someone for something they did over 10 years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    That black one really should have been earnable for everyone. Theres no reason to double reward someone for something they did over 10 years ago.
    my opinion as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Not sure why I am wanting to create a female Zandalari Troll...

Preparing myself for Battle for Azeroth too. <3
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2018-01-21 at 01:11 AM.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    No, that just says she understands them nothin more.
    Yeah man, she would totally consider "reasonable" an attempt of rebellion against her authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Already proven to be false several times and the upcoming book completely kills that theory once and for all. The Forsaken are free-willed.
    Not quite. This is how it works:

When you raise someone from the dead who just died in combat, they are mindless, and they are enslaved to the will of whoever raised them, who can direct their aggression at whoever they want. Then, later, when the fight is over and they've started to calm down, they regain their free will and are given two choices. One, to join and serve the Forsaken, or two, to be killed again.

Forsaken have free-will the same way that actual slaves, or people in the North Korean army have free-will. Which is to say that they have it in theory if they don't mind dying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not quite. This is how it works:

When you raise someone from the dead who just died in combat, they are mindless, and they are enslaved to the will of whoever raised them, who can direct their aggression at whoever they want. Then, later, when the fight is over and they've started to calm down, they regain their free will and are given two choices. One, to join and serve the Forsaken, or two, to be killed again.

Forsaken have free-will the same way that actual slaves, or people in the North Korean army have free-will. Which is to say that they have it in theory if they don't mind dying for it.
    Unfortunately you missed the third option, that is, not join forsaken but find your own way in the world(so long you are not hostile to forsaken, of course).

And since the ppls raised by forsaken was already died, the "to be killed again" option is not as bad as asking a living to choose between life and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    haha funny how I said social issues and you bring up an example with talent trees in a video game great reading haha
    Okay you're narrowing it down. Good start. So it's not just "when someone disagrees with me" is it?