View Poll Results: Which class should be brought in next?

Voters
615. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

430 69.92%
  • Necromancer

185 30.08%
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tinker.

The Engineering profession is already so watered down and useless. Wouldn't surprise me if they're slowly phasing it out so as to introduce the perks once more in an entirely new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Tinker.

The Engineering profession is already so watered down and useless. Wouldn't surprise me if they're slowly phasing it out so as to introduce the perks once more in an entirely new class.
    There are places profession couldn't go because they'd be to op that can be given to a class. Tinkers are an example.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    But there really isn't that many people demanding it, there's the same people who post the same thread every few weeks/months. This needs to be put into a single mega thread so I can ignore it and not have to keep seeing it.

Blizz already said no
    It doesn't fit with the game's current set
    This isn't maplestory where they'll just jam any new idea people think of into it
    For the medics wear priest gear, guess what tinkers would use? Mostly hunter shit, have mostly hunter abilities and or engineering abilities only slightly revamped.

As for emotional, you're reading too much into it. I'm saying tinker makes less bloody sense than a medic, and a medic themed class would be fucking retarded.
    Blizzard never said no.
    The Tinker class is in so much demand that in a Q & A Blizzard mentioned that the Tinker was one of the most demanded for classes.
    I don't see how a Tinker doesn't make sense when we have two races on opposite factions who are tech-based and ride mechs on a regular basis.

5+ Year Old Account
    Neither is needed. 12 classes is already bordering on 'too many', what they need to do is start adding more specs. Necromancer would fit right in with Death Knight, you could add Tinker to Hunter or Rogue (personally think Hunter). Chronomancer for a healing mage spec. Give locks and shamans the tanking specs they've been begging for forever. There are just so many options that would work as specs but not classes because they'd step on existing classes (just like DH did for Warlock).

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly Tinker.

We already have Melee-Necromancers. No need for Ranged-Necromancers too.

Plus, they could easily fulfill all roles.

For example:

Machinist (Tank) having shredders suits, different looks per race, like druids' animal forms.
    and having melee attacks, with some electricity-themed ones.

Sapper (Ranged-DPS) Explosives, Flamethrower, and more.

Biochemist (Healer) Throws potions for AoE healing, and shoots dart-gun with syringes.

Uses: Mail Armor, Riffles, Crossbows, Bows, 1hMaces, 2hMaces, Shields.

The races could be either all, which i'm not a fan of,
    or... Gnomes, Dwarves, Goblins, Undead. And maybe a couple more.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-01-20 at 11:51 PM.

During a Q&A...
    "Might be a little too whimsical for WoW."
    That wasn't a Q&A, that was a tweet from Ghostcrawler who no longer works at Blizzard. Here's the tweet in it's entirety:

Greg Street‏
    @OccupyGStreet
    Following Following @OccupyGStreet
    More
    Replying to @supertrowel

@Jimmymusicbox Not sure. Might be a little too whimsical for WoW. Would depend on the treatment.

6:56 PM - 11 Aug 2013
    https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...09768888401920

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Holy shit, fucking awesome dude maaad props.

Necromancer is a cloth version of what death knights already do, and affliction warlocks are also highly similar. It's not to say that Necromancer is the worst class imaginable to add, but they would serve no purpose that isn't already being fulfilled, and their alternative specs seem a bit uninspired. What will we do, frost damage spec, pet spec, and damage over time spec? That would literally be identical to warlocks (except with frost instead of fire). Worst of all, this class is not going to be able to heal OR tank, which means it's going to impact queues negatively instead of positively.

Tinkers on the other hand provide something brand new -- steampunk style technology that has been dramatically present throughout the game yet never utilized except in the very much neutered Engineering profession which provides little better than toys to play with now. This class could -- and should -- be able to tank with a 'mekgineer' spec, deal ranged damage (IE, physical ranged damage with bow/gun/crossbow supported by gadgets of various types), and lastly perhaps a chemist spec that would be able to heal. To top it all off, this class would almost certainly wear mail, which would complete a number of circles.

Tinker is exactly what we should get right now. Necromancer is just a bland and uninspired choice by comparison. Maybe it will get its day someday, but it is not going to be any time soon.

Edit: I will add that the concept in the link provided by someone for Necromancers is impressive (I will check it out in detail later), my point still stands. We might get necromancers if we ever have an expansion based off of Bolvar... with for better or worse, might just happen.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-01-20 at 11:56 PM.

At the time he was still working for Blizzard, my point still stands.
    It doesn't because the second half of that tweet says that they would implement Tinkers if the treatment isn't too over the top.

Considering that we already have Gelbin and Gazlowe piloting mechs in the game, it would appear that they've found the proper treatment.

During a Q&A...
    "Might be a little too whimsical for WoW."

Because if every month you saw someone saying "we need butter for our butts in WoW! I wanna see my butt shine in all my gear! Lets get butter butts!" over and over and over and over and over and over and over, etc. you'd get rather annoyed by it.

no thread brings anything new
    no thread brings anything productive
    no thread does anything fresh

it's the same shit over and over and over and over and over, etc.
    Might be a little to whimsical isn't a no...

I'd not give a fuck a let moderation deal with it and dude you are being so emotional holy fuck.

I hope we get both, but Necromancer should just be Unholy DK but as a Caster. An Int-DPS Plate-user would be kinda neat.

Inb4 people say OMG SO UNFAIR: Balance Druids have more armor than most tanks and Holy Paladin has existed always. Most melee also use plenty of magic damage instead of physical. Armor is a pretty archaic thing for the most part.

PS: Bard would be another nice spec/class.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

That's a lot like saying "Yeah kids, we're not going to Disney that's outside our budget. If I won the lotto however, we'd spend all year there!" and going "THAT MEANS THAT WE ARE STILL GOING "
    No, it's more like; I don't know if Tinkers would fit in WoW, they might be a bit too silly and over the top for the game, it would depend on how they're designed."

Which is EXACTLY what he said.

That's a lot like saying "Yeah kids, we're not going to Disney that's outside our budget. If I won the lotto however, we'd spend all year there!" and going "THAT MEANS THAT WE ARE STILL GOING "

- - - Updated - - -

Sure as shit isn't a yes.

Moderators haven't dealt with it, and this has been going on every month or so for fucking years.
    Why would they close this thread it's been civil and decent discussion. it's almost like the people participating are following the rules. So why all the salt?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is a very polite no
    "No, it's more like; I don't know if Tinkers would fit in WoW, they might be a bit too silly and over the top for the game, it would depend on how they're designed."

Or it's a we'll see just like classic was a no oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Imo instead of the constant call for 4 specs we should call for all classes to have more varied playstyles available to them. Look at elemental, 2-3 different playstyles, all viable (maybe not cutting edge). Same should be done by fixing the talent trees and making them varied. It's very easy for Unholy to actually be changed into a range spec; they already can change most of their melee attacks to range. Give them a set of talents that combined make them work best as range and you have a Necromancer right there.
    Because there are aspect that are unexplored but yea muddying the lines is an option as well between spec is an option as well.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-21 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Unholy DK is necromancer so tinker.
    Paladin is also a priest, but that doesn't mean a paladin shouldn't exist, But regardless if I have to choose I'd instantly go over to the tinker class since it would cripple any existing classes and the best part is it's one of the most unique class if it ever becomes playable since it mainly deals with technology which not a single class has done

- - - Updated - - -

Sure as shit isn't a yes.

Moderators haven't dealt with it, and this has been going on every month or so for fucking years.
    Classic servers were a automatic no as well but look where we are now... Why would moderators close a civil thread... They don't do things because they trigger you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    No.Fuck that guy and any Tinker fan.

Im tired of presenting my arguments, facts, common game design and everything be trashed for some dumb found logic and their double standards.

Unless something really interesting happens or i need to clarify myself, i will not be discussing it again.Mostly because the Mage tower opens tomorrow.
    I'm gonna keep dreaming, Hoping, and suggesting that the Tinker class must become a reality since we really need more unique class combos and more Range specs

my suggestion would be

DPS Range

Tank

healer

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Because I don't know about you I think that throwing a bomb every minute is an accurate portrayal to the depth and nuance as class could bring. Clearly the design space for technology is explored because some guy threw a bomb that one time.

Keep doing what you do!! We need Tinker classes in this game and we will keep talking about this until Blizzard confrimed that the tinker class in the works and then that means we get to discuss even more about the Tinker class which means Tinker class haters be annoyed in either way

Here's some cool armor designs for the Tinker (fan made):

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why not just make a DK Engineer and have both classes rolled into one? Neither would be good as that would mean gutting another class and profession for something not new to the game.
    So very true. If I were Blizzard, I would consider Beastmaster (with more Bard-like influences), Sea Witch, or Dark Ranger.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2018-01-21 at 12:22 AM.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Well I suppose we've gone so long without one of these threads it had to pop up at some point.

The answer is none.

Want to play a necromancer? Play an unholy deathknight.

Want to play a tinker? Get engineering.
    It's not the same thing, I can't kill/heal/tank raid bosses using pure Engineer profession I would be instantly kicked out by a raid guild if I ever do that.

Come back to me when you can fight raid boss using only Pure engineering profession and even then it's contrived and stupid thing to do.