Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I haven’t read anywhere that she said she was a Democrat. I didn’t know it until you just stated it. I made single post in yesterday afternoon poking fun of the PotUS when it was in the Gen-OT forum
    Today, I made a single post in this thread at 7:48AM Central mentioning something about a “compromise”. I believe it may have still been in the Gen-OT forum at that point.
    I didn’t make another post in it until nearly seven hours later stating “the fingerpointing has begun”. And it has. Both sides are blaming each other as expected.
    I didn’t read every page in that seven hours that I was absent from posting my friend. Sorry to disappoint.

Cheers
    Long story short, Tom Cotton and Trump blew up the bipartisan deal and destroyed the chance to compromise. Republican supporters are blaming Democrats for not being willing to come back to the table after getting burned but most of the blame outside of a few internet echo chambers is going onto the Republicans for A) not being able to govern with a majority in every branch of government and B) that their own guys and president blew up the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Are both sides to blame for not coming to comprise on the shutdown or is just one?

Neither are willing to make a compromise on DACA. If they were we wouldn’t be where we are today.

Cheers
    Once side canceled DACA and then promised over and over again to restore it if only the other side did what they wanted. At some point, you have to stop believing the lies.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Stop being disingenuous, compromise was made. Trump refused it.

There to is no way to make the argument that both sides are to blame. Trump is to blame.
    As I said my friend, fingerpointing. One side is blaming the other.
    What did the Democrats give up? What did they want in return?
    What did the Republicans give up? What did they want in return?

Cheers

Are both sides to blame for not coming to comprise on the shutdown or is just one?

Neither are willing to make a compromise on DACA. If they were we wouldn’t be where we are today.

Cheers
    One side is to blame, and specifically one person. GOP and Trump. Thanks to him compromise became impossible. You can't argue that very fact. He wanted more form this whole thing. He doesn't compromise, he wants it his way. He is the definition of child like.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Long story short, Tom Cotton and Trump blew up the bipartisan deal and destroyed the chance to compromise. Republican supporters are blaming Democrats for not being willing to come back to the table after getting burned but most of the blame outside of a few internet echo chambers is going onto the Republicans for A) not being able to govern with a majority in every branch of government and B) that their own guys and president blew up the deal.
    Trump needs to learn this isn’t his business.
    The issue is we are dealing with a bunch of alphas that aren’t willing to back down to anyone or anything unless they get their way. Country be damned...
    This isn’t the first time we have seen this and it won’t be the last.

Cheers

As I said my friend, fingerpointing. One side is blaming the other.
    What did the Democrats give up? What did they want in return?
    What did the Republicans give up? What did they want in return?

Cheers
    The deal was already made.

Stop acting like it wasn't and there is blame to go around.

The issue is we are dealing with a bunch of alphas that aren’t willing to back down to anyone or anything unless they get their way. Country be damned...

Cheers
    Hes the top dog, its very much his business. Hes fuckin over the good ol' US of A. First your ex allies, now yourself. Sad!

Cheers
    And I'm glad we're finally seeing a bit more eye to eye on this after clearing a few things up.

Where some of the differences in opinion comes in is how much blame do the Democrats really get? Because quite honestly, the Democrats were already caving on a decent bit with the first compromise which was then sabotaged by Trump and Cotton by 11th hour rescinding and making additional demands after what was already negotiated, then his shithole comments and the tweet storm about CHIP. It basically destroyed any good will that could have been established.

The Dems got burned over it and even Republicans are saying that negotiations can't happen when no one trusts Trump to stand by his word. They have no real reason to come back to the table when they were already biting a bullet and got bold faced to by the president and the opposition party they thought they were negotiating with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The people of the D tribe are saying that the R’s leaders fault. Naturally...
    The people of the R tribe are saying that the D’s leaders fault. Naturally...
    Now, unfortunately no one is claiming responsibility. Not even the supreme tribal leader, he has a party to go to after all.

Now, both the D’s and the R’s leaders could have made a deal a long long time ago but just didn’t do it for some reason only known to them. Instead, they decided not to. Now they are blaming each other for not making a last minute “deal” when in fact they really had plenty of time. After all, that is all they do.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    And I'm glad we're finally seeing a bit more eye to eye on this after clearing a few things up.

Where some of the differences in opinion comes in is how much blame do the Democrats really get? Because quite honestly, the Democrats were already caving on a decent bit with the first compromise which was then sabotaged by Trump and Cotton by 11th hour rescinding and making additional demands after what was already negotiated, then his shithole comments and the tweet storm about CHIP. It basically destroyed any good will that could have been established.

The Dems got burned over it and even Republicans are saying that negotiations can't happen when no one trusts Trump to stand by his word. They have no real reason to come back to the table when they were already biting a bullet and got bold faced to by the president and the opposition party they thought they were negotiating with.
    We really don’t even know if he said “shithole”. No one else has said he said it. Although, no one else has said he didn’t say it either.

It wouldn’t be the first time PotUS have been caught talking like a sailor in private though. FDR was pretty bad as was LBJ and Nixon. There are plenty of recordings of those three.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Hes the top dog, its very much his business. Hes fuckin over the good ol' US of A. First your ex allies, now yourself. Sad!
    When I mean business I mean company.

Cheers

We really don’t even know if he said “shithole”. No one else has said he said it.
    Dafuq? A LOT of people have said he said that who were in there! Dick Durbin and many others... why the Hell are you lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I heard a compelling argument that said that even in a state where one party dominates your vote still matters because it determines whether or not someone can claim a popular mandate or not. Things tend to operate differently if someone gets elected with 51% of the votes vs 80% of the votes. Just food for thought.
    Popular mandate is irrelevant. Trump is acting like he has a mandate when he didn't even get the plurality of votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    If only we had mods on this site.
    They are to busy harassing me over saying popcorn.

We really don’t even know if he said “shithole”.
    LOL

Guys have they ever so blatantly tried to ignore reality before? Or am I overreacting to this insane statement?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Dafuq? A LOT of people have said he said that who were in there! Dick Durbin and many others... why the Hell are you lying?
    Lindsay Graham and Dick Durbin said he said it, everyone else in the room were Republicans, so obviously he didn't say it.

Allybeboba is the new Tijuana?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yes you can and it happens.
    It shouldn't.

Tell me why someone who was raised in America, identifies as American, pays taxes, and is a productive member of society, needs to be deported because their parents brought them here illegally 30 years ago when they were children?

What does it solve? What good comes out of splitting families apart who have been together for years?

I'm all for reasonable immigration reform, but there's no reason to deport Dreamers. They're American in every sense of the word but one.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Allybeboba is the new Tijuana?
    Nah he isn't new.

Deleted
    Illegals >>>> Veterans and homeless citizen for democrats any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    Illegals >>>> Veterans and homeless citizen for democrats any day of the week.
    If Republicans cared about veterans and the homeless they wouldn't have forced a government shutdown.