Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There were two handed intellect maces in WoD, so probably there's also gonna be some in BfA.

I miss Divine Light, Holy Light, Turn Evil, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath, Divine Plea, and Divine Guardian on my Prot Paladin. Not to mention Word of Glory overhealing turning into a shield.
    Last edited by ThePallyRanger; 2017-12-04 at 01:41 PM.

Best case scenario is bringing back MoP ret. Competitive talent tier of DP, Avenging Wrath, and Holy Avenger, empowered divine storm procs, several ranged abilities, good mobility.

We need free, strong heals back. I can't but feel like an Arms Warrior with flashy, yellow attacks. We need stuff returned that made you/us feel like a Paladin. Auras, Seals, Healing, Blessing of Sacrifice, Emancipate. I rather enjoy Legion Ret (maybe because I only play Ret for funsies when not tanking).

I still enjoy Ret but it's the least enjoyable the spec has been since BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret currently only feels nice if you have the Highlord's Ring equipped and use Crusade. The massive amount of haste + proccing extra TV/DS abilities feels good, especially for AoE.

I can't comment on PvP since the times that I did do it, I felt like I was perma slowed and couldn't do anything but just attempt to damage stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    I like Paladin a lot,A holy Warrior

I want ret to be a constant damage class, not a useless degenerate unless wings are up.

wings should be 170% of our damage, not 250% like today.

that would make the game feel much better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    ROFL

You think PALADINS will get development

YOu think another spec is warrented?

It's been 14 years and the still havnt even given Retribution Paladins more than an after thought of development.

I'll tell you how Paladin feedback will go in beta

hundreds of pages of feedback ignored and a failed design goes live that was "unforseen consequences" by the developers that was posted countless times during beta.

Just like the last 14 years every single time
    Don't know about Ret, but holy is definately better now than ever, ever before in my opinion.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2017-12-18 at 06:25 AM.

Some very interesting ideas in this thread.

First off, I desperately want the ability to transmog both the Ashbringer and The Silver Hand for Ret/Holy. If we are making them transmog items, then it stands to reason (as if that ever mattered...) that we should be able to transmog both and not have them spec-restricted. In addition, the Libram of Kings or whatever in the Chapel (the thing that gives the history of our artifacts) says at one point that "the legend of the Ashbringer became about not the sword, but about the knight who wielded it". Well then if I'm so goddamned important and such, let me do as I please.

Further, on that same idea, Wake of Ashes needs to become a baseline ability. If we wielded the Ashbringer for so long then we've definitely become empowered by it. Make it a 110 skill unlock. But let us keep it.

I'd love to see a return of Exorcism, which gives us additional ranged utility. I doubt we will, since the aura proc that used to be for Exorcism is now there when BoJ gets reset, but one can dream.

Get rid of HoPo and give us "Wrath" or something similar to Rage. Have CS and BoJ grant us Wrath and have our finishers spend it. Judgment could award Wrath on targets sub 30% which brings it in line with a bit of an execute mechanic. I doubt we'll see Hammer of Wrath return, so at the very least this gives us something.

Please get rid of the Judgment Colossus Smash-esque mechanic. It's a pain in the ass. I understand the lore-idea behind it. We have judged our targets and so they take extra damage from our abilities. It makes sense. But it turns us into glowing Arms warriors. C'mon Blizz, you can do better.

Please for the love of God remove Crusade. In it's current iteration it's a no-brainer to take. I'm sure the math will support whether or not it's worth it past Legion when we can't extend the duration, but if no one is going to take it because it's a garbo talent, then remove it and give us something more interesting on that row. I'm fine if the intent is Divine Purpose, cause I love that talent since I have the Soul ring, but seriously. One of your stated goals when you rolled out this talent revamp was to offer meaningful choices. Show me a paladin worth their salt that doesn't take Crusade. Good luck.

I'd love to see Long Arm of the Law return - that was just a plain fun talent. Divine steed is cool from the whole fight from the back of your mount standpoint, but we need something more reliable, especially in PVP. Alternatively, give us Turalyon's Might as an ability/talent. We see Arathor use it all the bloody time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    There were two handed intellect maces in WoD, so probably there's also gonna be some in BfA.
    There were also some in MoP (Throne of thunder had some; but they were quite rare).

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Hammer of Wrath
    Remove Judgement debuff, give back that speed buff (law of the long arms was it?)
    Yes, yes, yes! This is exactly what I want! I hate the judgement debuff, it is dumb and clunky. And the speed buff that was before was awesome. I don't mind if they remove the warhorse summon (forgot the name) ability for the judgement speed. And hammer of wrath is the talent I miss the most! I remember back in tbc, getting that ability was so much fun. I loved it and never tired of it.

fun fact: original CSmash is stronger, but Judgement Smash is easier to handle due to Judge Greater Judjement Unworthy in AoE situations.

Quote Originally Posted by A Perfect Storm View Post
    fun fact: original CSmash is stronger, but Judgement Smash is easier to handle due to Judge Greater Judjement Unworthy in AoE situations.
    Fair point. And it IS fun seeing multiple lines of holy fire rain down upon the plebs with t21 2pc and Greater Judgment

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy won't change much I think. As I understand it, Blizzard is very happy with all the healing specs as they are now. But Retribution just feels wrong to me, I wish they would completely revamp that entire spec.

Deleted
    And please WoG : replace flash and gate it behind mana.
    If they want it to cost HoPo and they want it to both affect the dps and gate it behind HoPo generation and something more (I don't think it is so powerful to justify such a treatment) I would say either make it raid wide or 20 yards wide and a bit stronger and gate it behind charges or at least gate it in a shadow covenant way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    fix Ret first and foremost
    Prot says hi!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for big time ret mobility buffs. I want to see the return of emancipate and long arm of the law or burden of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Hoping for big time ret mobility buffs. I want to see the return of emancipate and long arm of the law or burden of guilt.
    oh, they announced big Ret mobility buffs alright!
    HoF is supposed to be a 45 sec cd now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    That's an early iteration or the foreshadowing of Emancipate coming back. There is absolutely no way, that Blizzard won't give us any other mobility option. Not without a grip or a gapcloser. You cannot let a player run around with 50% movement speed for 37s. I refuse to believe.
    There was absolutely no way they would of left us with a 45 sec cd 3 sec duration sprint as a sole means of moving when the (fai)Legion was coming. as well.
    Did you refuse to believe back then, too?
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2018-01-23 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Troyboi_-_X2C

Rofl

I think the ultimate 8.0 fantasy is that the listen to feedback in the beta for once.

Thats why its called a fantasy