Poll: What's your highest level of education completed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have two Masters. Spent a lot of time in school throughout my life. Loved it.

Thinking about taking up some business courses next year actually. MBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Technically, undergrad in soft. eng. and masters in comp. eng., but in reality just two comp. sci. programs. Will start my PhD at some point in the future, but not sure when.

- - - Updated - - -

CIA is out to there to get us.
    I'd imagine that having full profiles of a site's users would be pretty valuable for a number of uses.

Finished my PhD in '91. Looking back, that's when my education properly began since I was free to follow my own muse (and it's lead me a merry dance ever since)

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my bachelors in English, and did one semester of grad school. I'll probably get a Masters one day, but I want to be more sure about the subject of it. If I could go back, then yeah I'd probably double major.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I dropped out got a GED and learned a trade. I forgot to put GED as an option.
    Same here. Sheet metal Local 88 in Vegas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Apprentice ditch digger with a 2nd grade education from the school of hard knocks.

If I could do it all again, I'd drop out in the first grade so that I could closer relate to the intellect of the art school/psychology/gender studies/political science majors that are making the same amount of money as me in our minimum wage jobs that they/their parents payed 60k to get.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be an aussie thing where people think they're too good for certain jobs. In the US, the jobs that fulfill the basic human needs (shelter, electricity, plumbing, etc) have been booming since before I was even born. The only people that look down on them are the hollywood elite (scum).
    I can tell you now, it's not just the elite that look down on the trades in the US. I finished a project at UNLV, they built a new hospitality building. Every kid on that campus looked at us like we were trash, I even had a kid tell me to "get a real job" once. But i have to be nice out there...
    New Legion item stats?
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    an agility chest axe on a fury shaman... FFS, I guess I should have read the patch notes in more detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have two Masters. Spent a lot of time in school throughout my life. Loved it.

Thinking about taking up some business courses next year actually. MBA.
    You are an impressive woman Fencer, you actually going to start a business then?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

You are an impressive woman Fencer, you actually going to start a business then?
    No. I sorta fell into Market Research Project Management via Industrial Organization & Psychology (my vocation). Over the last 3-4 years at my job I have been handling a lot of administrative duties for client services. As my team has grown, administration is a huge part of what I do now day-to-day.

Which I started as a team member (of ~12) but when I became a lead the team doubled in size. This last year we had our best year ever and the team I was originally the lead of was broken into 3 sub groups over four clients. All of whom I am the director of now... and it's a lot of moving pieces.

I feel if I grab an MBA I'd be in a stronger position next year when I make my pitch for a higher position (Client Services Director).

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I sorta fell into Market Research Project Management via Industrial Organization & Psychology (my vocation). Over the last 3-4 years at my job I have been handling a lot of administrative duties for client services. As my team has grown, administration is a huge part of what I do now day-to-day.

Which I started as a team member (of ~12) but when I became a lead the team doubled in size. This last year we had our best year ever and the team I was originally the lead of was broken into 3 sub groups over four clients. All of whom I am the director of now... and it's a lot of moving pieces.

I feel if I grab an MBA I'd be in a stronger position next year when I make my pitch for a higher position (Client Services Director).
    Like a PR firm or one of many wheels in marketing?

Either way sounds awesome kick ass you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Master in history (which did not last 6 years). Same for baccalaureate in history, which lasted 3 years (the usual length).

Completed the Swedish version of high school. Currently studying a 5 year course to become a highscool teacher.

Like a PR firm or one of many wheels in marketing?
    I am not in marketing directly. Market Research is like product testing and evaluation for clients. A lot of which is sensory, taste/touch/etc. I am specifically, or was, in the data presentation arm of the MR. Basically was qualitative and quantitative analysis based on our our findings & consumer opinion.

My division is mostly based on electronics; phones, televisions, appliances and lifestyle devices. But the company also does all manner of financial, food, drug, alcohol, entertainment, legal and other types of testing.

If you think of it as someone testing out vacuum cleaners or a smartphone for review on youtube. Only we do that for the client specifically and compare objective claims (made by the client, this is important) to our findings and how/what 'regular' consumers used & thought. To which we make HIGHLY detailed reports for the client and then the client usually refines the product.

Lays crazy flavored chips? That's us. We tested all those flavors you see in the store (& many more that you don't) and doled out thousands of samples till Frito-Lay got the the flavors people were most likely to buy (by region, gender, income & ethnicity. oh yes, we test against these factors.) and so on.

We do the same with like Samsung phones, washers & dryers and et cetera. Almost every product is very highly refined and positioned at specific demographics and then marketed as such.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2018-01-20 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not in marketing directly. Market Research is like product testing and evaluation for clients. A lot of which is sensory, taste/touch/etc. I am specifically, or was, in the data presentation arm of the MR. Basically was qualitative and quantitative analysis based on our our findings & consumer opinion.

My division is mostly based on electronics; phones, televisions, appliances and lifestyle devices. But the company also does all manner of financial, food, drug, alcohol, entertainment, legal and other types of testing.

If you think of it as someone testing out vacuum cleaners or a smartphone for review on youtube. Only we do that for the client specifically and compare objective claims (made by the client, this is important) to our findings and how/what 'regular' consumers used & thought. To which we make HIGHLY detailed reports for the client and then the client usually refines the product.

Lays crazy flavored chips? That's us. We tested all those flavors you see in the store (& many more that you don't) and doled out thousands of samples till Frito-Lay got the the flavors people were most likely to buy (by region, gender, income & ethnicity. oh yes, we test against these factors.) and so on.

We do the same with like Samsung phones, washers & dryers and et cetera. Almost every product is very highly refined and positions at specific demographics and then marketed as such.

Not you probably but great commercial and cross promo with the Pepsi 12 packs. As for the lays flavors, Chicken and Waffles, not what I expected, but for sure got me to try a bag after a lot of years. keep up the great work HAHA!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bachelors degree in Economics, Mathematics minor.

High school, I'm unambitious scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Finished med school last year. Now in UK appearing for the last step of GMC licence exam.

High school baby. I AM the bottom quintile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dropped out (9 - 11th)

People do this?

To impress me it needs to be a top tier university not some noname college.
    Last edited by Tennis; 2018-01-20 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis
    To impress me
    To impress me, you have to actually answer the question, not just pop in to look down your nose at people while dodging it. So @Tennis, answer the question. What's the highest level of education you've completed?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    To impress me, you have to actually answer the question, not just pop in to look down your nose at people while dodging it. So @Tennis, answer the question. What's the highest level of education you've completed?
    Dude had a Masters in shitposting with a PHD in trolling.

2 under graduate degrees, 1 masters, and working on Ph.D. Would i do it again? not right after HS, and/or I would go to a local tech school for all the BS classes classes required and then transfer to the bigger named school for core classes. If i could change nothing else i would have taken one more year on my first ungrad, changing my USAF ascension year and not being caught in the RIF that cut me.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22