Poll: What's your highest level of education completed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Dropped out at Kindergarten - they were all sensible to blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman
    Dude had a Masters in shitposting with a PHD in trolling.
    Yep, but he has pulled this hoity-toity line before and always dodges.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    To impress me, you have to actually answer the question, not just pop in to look down your nose at people while dodging it. So @Tennis, answer the question. What's the highest level of education you've completed?
    I could answer this but wouldn't I be giving up really personal information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis
    I could answer this but wouldn't I be giving up really personal information.
    Considering that the question I posed, and the question posed in the thread, is simply one about your level of education ... No, and even if it were, you've jumped into a thread where others have shared their information -- a thread that was not "gee, impress Tennis" -- and pretty much sneered at everyone who had posted with your last post. Not doing good on the Love, not Hate front there.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    To impress me, you have to actually answer the question, not just pop in to look down your nose at people while dodging it. So @Tennis, answer the question. What's the highest level of education you've completed?
    And here comes Tennis' BS list of top-tier schools ... let me guess, Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, MA at Harvard, and PhD at Stanford?

My advice to anybody entering college:

1. Make sure you are going to college because you want a job that only having a 4-year degree can get.
    2. Make it as cheap as possible. If you aren't going to an Ivy League school or aren't going into a highly technical profession--it usually doesn't matter where you graduate from so go cheap (but try to go cheap with a brick and mortar school as opposed to a no-name online school if possible).
    3. The "college experience" is too expensive. Live with your parents if you can.
    4. Unless you're in an extremely hard program (75% of college students probably aren't) you can easily work a job and at a minimum try to pay off your interest accumulated while you go to school.
    5. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES GO FOR A "GENERALIZED BUSINESS DEGREE" LIKE BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION OR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT. Nobody hires those degrees anymore and you're getting screwed. You may think you "going wide to apply for a bunch of different jobs" but people hiring don't see it that way. If I'm hiring in finance, I'm looking for finance degrees. If I'm hiring in marketing, I'm looking for marketing degrees. If I'm hiring in HR, I'm looking for HR degrees. General business degrees are a fucking crime and should never be offered by a reputable college. It will fuck you over time and time again in applying for decent jobs.

Everybody things you need to go to college to be successful in life. You don't. But you do need some sort of advanced education. Don't sneeze on trade schools if that interests you. Finish earlier and start earning more in your lifetime than college students. 4-year degrees are a dime a dozen nowadays. You can make a shit load of money being in a trade profession. Not everybody is cut out for sitting in a cubicle and playing office politics. That's ok and it doesn't make you any less than.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster
    And here comes Tennis' BS list of top-tier schools
    No, I'm keeping a block of cheese and some bananas handy for him. This is where he has played his attempted deflection, surrenders, and hopes it will get forgotten. He's done this dance before after getting caught looking down his nose at people. He simply lacks the guts to measure up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    My advice to anybody entering college:

4. Unless you're in an extremely hard program (75% of college students probably aren't) you can easily work a job and at a minimum try to pay off your interest accumulated while you go to school.
    5. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES GO FOR A "GENERALIZED BUSINESS DEGREE" LIKE BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION OR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT. Nobody hires those degrees anymore and you're getting screwed. You may think you "going wide to apply for a bunch of different jobs" but people hiring don't see it that way. If I'm hiring in finance, I'm looking for finance degrees. If I'm hiring in marketing, I'm looking for marketing degrees. If I'm hiring in HR, I'm looking for HR degrees. General business degrees are a fucking crime and should never be offered by a reputable college. It will fuck you over time and time again in applying for decent jobs.
    I really want to stress these two points. Instead of a generic BA in business administration, I would recommend doing an accounting degree. Much more specific, much more technical, much more desired. You can always do an MBA if general business really interests you.