Poll: super speed or teleportation

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

super speed or teleportation

As a mutant would you rather have super speed abilities like Quicksilver, yo-yo, or the flash? or would you rather be able to teleport like Nightcrawler, blink or azazel
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Why not both.
    Or none.

10+ Year Old Account
    A question they never usually talk about; if I'm running at super speed, am I still running, in terms of effort exerted?

If that's the case, teleportation seems the convenience win, since I don't expect to be battling supervillains any time soon. I could run down to the store right now, it'd just take longer, and I'll be tired no matter how fast I do it. But BAMFing in? Dead easy.

Deleted
    None. I feed you make any value on any option.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    A question they never usually talk about; if I'm running at super speed, am I still running, in terms of effort exerted?

If that's the case, teleportation seems the convenience win, since I don't expect to be battling supervillains any time soon. I could run down to the store right now, it'd just take longer, and I'll be tired no matter how fast I do it. But BAMFing in? Dead easy.
    Well, if we're going by Nightcrawler's BAMFing...it does cause a strain on him. Multiple teleports in a short period of time, teleporting with others, or teleporting vast distances all increase that strain. As does the needs of the plot.

As far as Superspeeders go...they normally have a heightened metabolism that requires extremely high food consumption to match the exertion of using their powers but that usually gets ignored unless the plot requires it...but they generally don't have any problems with getting tired...unless of course the plot depends on it.

We wouldn't really get the advantages and disadvantages that come with plot needs though...so who knows how these abilities would work with us.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's Blink style teleportation, then totally. Linking two points directly in spacetime Portal-style is not only more fun, but more useful than folding space and traveling through an alternate dimension Nightcrawler style (he can get stuck there yo). Especially if it's a demon realm. We saw what that shit did to the Event Horizon.

Otherwise super-speed. It has some more practical uses besides simply moving from point A to B (dodging shit, being super fast in combat). Assuming ya know, we dial it down below the "capable of ripping a hole in time and space". That's just plain messy, see: Flashpoint.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Depends on the range of teleportation imo, if you can just teleport anywhere without feeling drained after teleporting it would be awesome haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Super speed probably has greater utility. On the other hand, you know the joke about how one recognizes a happy motorcyclist? By the June bugs in their teeth. And has anyone shed any light on say the Flash and sex? "Gee, honey, that was the best three milliseconds ever!"
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Super speed definitely, the main problem with teleportation is you can teleport into an object if you aren't careful, then you lose that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends... How far can I teleport, is it just where I can see or can I go anywhere I can think of (and not land inside an object)?

Like: Can I grab a space suit and teleport myself to Mars, and then just come back whenever?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Depends... How far can I teleport, is it just where I can see or can I go anywhere I can think of (and not land inside an object)?

Like: Can I grab a space suit and teleport myself to Mars, and then just come back whenever?
    No only what you can see while trying to escape the people following you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    No only what you can see while trying to escape the people following you.
    1. Asking the OP

2. Who is following me exactly and why?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

1. Asking the OP

2. Who is following me exactly and why?
    Well you have super ability, you think you wont be followed?

Super Speed if I am able to manipulate objects without destroying them (ie. building a house super-fast is useless if the materials burn up from being moved so fast), because the applications are endless (and you still get super quick travel time).

Barring that...Teleportation if there's an auto-check to where I don't teleport into something.

If either of these are false, then give me none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you have super ability, you think you wont be followed?
    You think I'd be stupid enough to use it somewhere I'd be seen or without hiding my identifying features?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably say super speed, unless it's completely unrestricted teleportation without the worry of materializing in something.

Speed can be really good pending the level of control/exertion/perception of time and how it impacts your reflexes and how fast you can process information/react.

But if we're talking strictly movement, I'd take teleportation all day every day, especially if I can go anywhere I've been or seen.

You think I'd be stupid enough to use it somewhere I'd be seen or without hiding my identifying features?
    They would already know, you cant hide that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    But if we're talking strictly movement, I'd take teleportation all day every day, especially if I can go anywhere I've been or seen
    Jumper, like many things, was a MUCH better book than a film. If you liked the film, check out the book, really delves into exactly how "will totally fuck up everyone else's day" a pissed-off teleporter can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would already know, you cant hide that.
    Given that this is not mentioned anywhere in the OP's post, I have this to say: Shove off with your adding things to the OP's scenario that don't exist in it. The OP made this fictional scenario, unless the OP says "they would already know" then they don't.