Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    ROFL! bro...actually read the thread. Even the OP reached 100 in less than two days real time, with only half of that using heirlooms. Even assuming he didn't stop to sleep, shower, or take a crap, that's still basically 48 hours to reach current content. And doing even a quick brows of the official forums shows that before the patch the average time /played to cap was between 30-50 hours.

So basically it's on par. And if the OP did go to sleep or work, or had instead been smart enough to use heirlooms the entire time, then his time /played to reach 100 would be even lower.

But if you still want hard evidence, I'm currently in the process of leveling from scratch on a new server(using heirlooms). I'll have the final results posted in a week or so, because I DO go to work and actually sleep.
    Ah, hearsay..

Also, good to know that you DO go to work and actually sleep, I was getting worried I was the only one.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

This is because your point of view was previously in a broken state. Mowing down enemies in a single GCD before they even have time to aggro is where things were before. Now things are more or less back to a more normal range. Enemies get to attack you. You can't completely ignore any semblance of regular gameplay.

Mob health is not SUPER inflated. It's just back to where you actually have to play your class again. I don't know why this freaks people out so much.
    I blame raiding. Currently in wow a section of the community only cares about raiding so for them levelling is a chore to be completed quickly. They are terrified that if it takes too long they won't be ready for when the first raid of the expansion drops. Frankly, those people should just buy boosts and leave the levelling to those who actually enjoy it.

I wish they would just add elites back to zone areas, and elite group quests that can't be solo'd even in full heirlooms.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    It is fair point that to make but we draw a different conclusion , I say they should up the damage too and that way make it more challenging instead of tedious.
    Agreed. Leaving the city and adventuring in the wilds should come with an air of danger. That's how it is in all the good stories. If you don't have to play with your head on a swivel, it's not really adventure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I wish they would just add elites back to zone areas, and elite group quests that can't be solo'd even in full heirlooms.
    Yes! And have more of those elites that wonder about instead of waiting in one place for you to come find them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I blame raiding. Currently in wow a section of the community only cares about raiding so for them levelling is a chore to be completed quickly. They are terrified that if it takes too long they won't be ready for when the first raid of the expansion drops. Frankly, those people should just buy boosts and leave the levelling to those who actually enjoy it.
    I enjoy both raid and leveling; I would support this. If I am in a hurry I can boost a toon; otherwise let me enjoy my leveling.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

This is because your point of view was previously in a broken state. Mowing down enemies in a single GCD before they even have time to aggro is where things were before. Now things are more or less back to a more normal range. Enemies get to attack you. You can't completely ignore any semblance of regular gameplay.

Mob health is not SUPER inflated. It's just back to where you actually have to play your class again. I don't know why this freaks people out so much.
    1GCD or 6 still doesnt change the fact that 99% of the mobs still are no threat, Im in the burning steppes running into a group of 5+ and Im not even bothering with interrupts, CC's or CD's. My play style hasn't change, I still dont care about a rotation, the only thing thats changed is TTK. I've watched plenty of people talking about how great it is to level now and blah blah blah. Meanwhile they still dont do a rotation, what ever button lights up or comes off CD, meanwhile taking the bare minimal of damage. Telling people how great it is to relive the story but read zero quest text, dealing with Npcs worrying about a threat long since dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I blame Blizzard, they are the ones who started reducing the Xp needed back in Wrath. There the ones who came up with the whole "get to endgame faster, or Buy a boost, raid with ur friends!" campaign. When Warlords came out and the level squished happened they didn't go back to adjust anything, just let the squish further cripple the leveling. Besides, why fuck with heirlooms or Xp pot drops. Why not keep that for the players who want the faster route.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Why? Its not like were getting a shit ton of players in the various zones. I was in the Steppes with 2 other people, those 2 people weren't even from my joined servers. So even CRZ struggles to put people in a zone..

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Which begs the question, why make leveling more vanilla-like when classic is right around the corner?
    It's for new players. If you've been playing for 10 years you should be making enough gold in game to buy a character boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Why is increased mob health considered more challenging?
    It's not meant to be more challenging, it's meant to be more interesting. 1 shotting every mob you see doesn't really teach you much about the game. You don't use 90% of your character's abilities when that is the case. I am leveling a new warlock now and it's actually quite nice to have to refresh Agony and Corruption on dungeon bosses since they no longer die in 4 globals.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's for new players. If you've been playing for 10 years you should be making enough gold in game to buy a character boost.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not meant to be more challenging, it's meant to be more interesting. 1 shotting every mob you see doesn't really teach you much about the game. You don't use 90% of your character's abilities when that is the case. I am leveling a new warlock now and it's actually quite nice to have to refresh Agony and Corruption on dungeon bosses since they no longer die in 4 globals.
    Why spend 700k to boost a toon Blizzard will probably utterly wreck next week, yeah but no thanks. As for interesting, its definitely not..

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    It looks like it's still spam a single button (maybe 2) and win, it just takes 3 times longer now.
    so i just started leveling my shadow priest.....you can not pull 5 mobs without dying though i may be to blame due to my 700ms ping

its really not all that bad though i mean in 30 minutes i went from 24-27 in redridge and thats without the constant dotting and run tactic i used to be able to do

also its not 3 times longer its about 20% at max

Interestingly, I am pretty sure random dungeons are currently bugged...

The reward for doing a random dungeon at level 20 is some xp and 15 silver. But it gave me 15 gold!

Made it a lot easier to buy bags and enchants on a freshly rolled character on a new server.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    1GCD or 6 still doesnt change the fact that 99% of the mobs still are no threat, Im in the burning steppes running into a group of 5+ and Im not even bothering with interrupts, CC's or CD's. My play style hasn't change, I still dont care about a rotation, the only thing thats changed is TTK. I've watched plenty of people talking about how great it is to level now and blah blah blah. Meanwhile they still dont do a rotation, what ever button lights up or comes off CD, meanwhile taking the bare minimal of damage. Telling people how great it is to relive the story but read zero quest text, dealing with Npcs worrying about a threat long since dead.
    Wow man...your post is full of so MANY assumptions about how other people play. This is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I said that people's perspective was skewed by the previous balance of the game. You've come to much to expect to steamroll through everything that you think that's the default.

Now before you lose your mind here, I agree that mob AI should be improved. It should have been improved 3 expansions ago. There are other ways of increasing the challenge and depth of the quest/leveling experience. But that's a separate issue.

Increasing mob health, as we've seen(and keep repeating), didn't actually increase the time as much as people assumed. It's actually having very little impact. The purpose of increasing health wasn't to make the game more challenging, it was to bring mob health in line with the new scaling system so that a proper pace and balance was maintained. I think the new system is a definite improvement over the old, but it DOES still need some work. I completely agree with you there.

But people are freaking out about what amounts to a necessary mechanical upgrade to the underlying systems of the game. All because of a false perception that it increases leveling time.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    1GCD or 6 still doesnt change the fact that 99% of the mobs still are no threat, Im in the burning steppes running into a group of 5+ and Im not even bothering with interrupts, CC's or CD's. My play style hasn't change, I still dont care about a rotation, the only thing thats changed is TTK. I've watched plenty of people talking about how great it is to level now and blah blah blah. Meanwhile they still dont do a rotation, what ever button lights up or comes off CD, meanwhile taking the bare minimal of damage. Telling people how great it is to relive the story but read zero quest text, dealing with Npcs worrying about a threat long since dead... .
    Again....these changes aren't meant for you who already has 6 max level characters. They are aimed at players who will be playing the game for the first time. 1 shotting every mob you see is not engaging. Giving monsters more HP was absolutely necessary.

Again....these changes aren't meant for you who already has 6 max level characters. They are aimed at players who will be playing the game for the first time. 1 shotting every mob you see is not engaging. Giving monsters more HP was absolutely necessary.
    It's utterly pointless to make a system such as this for new players in a 13 year old game with very few new players actually intrested in it.
    It's just a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's utterly pointless to make a system such as this for new players in a 13 year old game with very few new players actually intrested in it.
    Without new players the game dies. There are still people picking up the game all the time. It's not a waste of time at all.

What is a waste of time is spending 5-6 days leveling a new character to 100 when you could simply buy a boost with gold earned playing your existing max level characters. There's not really a big need to make the leveling experience exciting for people who've been playing the game for many years.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-01-21 at 09:33 AM.

Without new players the game dies. There are still people picking up the game all the time. It's not a waste of time at all.

What is a waste of time is spending 5-6 days leveling a new character to 100 when you could simply buy a boost with gold earned playing your existing max level characters. There's not really a big need to make the leveling experience exciting for people who've been playing the game for many years.
    This change is hardly bringing more people to the game though.
    Leveling was no balst befor but it's extremely tedious now. If anything, this system is going to turn new players away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Where do you get this statistic that "very few" are interested in this change? You and your circle of friends? Some posters on the forums?
    Well to counter this, some other posters on the forums including lots of posts on the main forums do like this change a lot.

Glad we got this sorted out

It's a good change...kind of. The problem is they didn't go all the way with it. The mobs don't hit harder. They don't do more damage. Players still aren't in danger. You can't die unless you're terrible. You still just gather as many mobs as you can and aoe them all down, rise and repeat.

So the result is it's not more engaging or challenging. It's ONLY tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Where do you get this statistic that "very few" are interested in this change? You and your circle of friends? Some posters on the forums?
    Well to counter this, some other posters on the forums including lots of posts on the main forums do like this change a lot.

Glad we got this sorted out
    I really doubt that, seeing how zones are just as dead as always, dungeon queues are 10 times as long as normal and pretty much all wow forums are filled with complaints, way above the usual amount.

Glad we got that sorted out. Again though, it's a really old game. It is very unlikely that new players will find it that intresting and much more likely that the players that are still left are ok with spending real money in order to avoid the tedious leveling experience. Blizzard is just capitalizing on that. It makes snense but it also makes the game less enjoyable.

problem is not how long the mobs live. thats fine.
    problem is they should deal around 30% more dmg.

until that change, you keep piss easy stuff, ppl just wanna rush, but instead feels like chewing gum.
    also they should give 20% more xp, to compensate longer fights, and dont make leveling longer than it needs.

but exactly that, half the community has also said after and while ptr.
    so there are no surprises here, including the fact that blizz dont listen, as usual.

for me personally, i would be even happy, when they finally know what they want.
    either you want a fast pace brainless game, or challenge. now its nothing of both. and sucks.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-01-21 at 09:54 AM.

Deleted
    What did you expect?
    Leveling is sooooo fked up in so many ways. There is no progression, no rewards, just grind until you reach endgame and start playing the game. A bad bandaid like scaling and giving more hp mobs wont change that. Even making it challenging would only make it fun for a bit. Still no progression, no rewards, no journey. Just the grind to max level.

Interestingly, I am pretty sure random dungeons are currently bugged...

The reward for doing a random dungeon at level 20 is some xp and 15 silver. But it gave me 15 gold!

Made it a lot easier to buy bags and enchants on a freshly rolled character on a new server.
    Whenever you don't get any gear loot, you can loot a couple of gold per boss. I don't know how much but I think it was 3-4 gold per boss in Deadmines.