Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I didn't express my thoughts well. There is no up and down in space, so planet can't "orbit upside down", it depends from which point you look at it.
    I honestly cannot see the point you're trying to make, silithus is in the south west corner of azeroth yet in the cinematic its displayed as being one of the most northern points. The picture i provided even displays it.

In all depictions of cosmic cinematics and tv everything is always "right side up", including all ingame depictions of azeroths orbit in things such as ulduar yet this cinematic depicts the world being upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Where was this stated?
    The 7.3 Key Art.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    I honestly cannot see the point you're trying to make, silithus is in the south west corner of azeroth yet in the cinematic its displayed as being one of the most northern points. The picture i provided even displays it.

In all depictions of cosmic cinematics and tv everything is always "right side up", including all ingame depictions of azeroths orbit in things such as ulduar yet this cinematic depicts the world being upside down.
    In space all is 3D. There is no gravity, no ground. Even if assume that poles are most "extreme" points, you can't say that one is up and other is down. North and south are completely made up terms and probably would "switch" if our first civilizations would start on southern hemisphere.

Play Homeworld, you'll understand, I think it may be only game series in full 3D.

20 days in and we already have the best thread of the year.

i believe that blizz messed up with the size for lore or perhaps Azeroth is so big, also Nice work guys for the 3d photos.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    This is what he usually does when he is next to a world
    Although I like that drawing I think that not every world is the same size... Azeroth could be like ten times bigger or smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta remember that Planets come in MANY different shapes, from the gargantuan gas planets (Of which Sargeras would be a tiny little spec next to most likely) to planets the size of Mercury, to even Dwarf planets (Which Sargeras could probably crush with his hands).

So, yes, saying that Sargeras is planet size, well, it depends on which planet you are comparing him too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    I -love- this, awesome work!

And now I can finally rest knowing that my question has been answered: Where his hand was placed when stabbing Azeroth. No wait, now I need to know why there isn't a hand print.. dsahoiehbwqoipodsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Gotta remember that Planets come in MANY different shapes, from the gargantuan gas planets (Of which Sargeras would be a tiny little spec next to most likely) to planets the size of Mercury, to even Dwarf planets (Which Sargeras could probably crush with his hands).

So, yes, saying that Sargeras is planet size, well, it depends on which planet you are comparing him too.
    In the 7.3 Key Art, Sargeras is around Azeroth's size. Hell, in the Cinematic, in some of Sargeras' Shots, you can see him being around Azeroth's very own size. However, in the thing showing Sargeras stabbing Azeroth, he looks shrunk down in terms of size. So....

It's likely that the developers changed his very own size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    In the 7.3 Key Art, Sargeras is around Azeroth's size. Hell, in the Cinematic, in some of Sargeras' Shots, you can see him being around Azeroth's very own size. However, in the thing showing Sargeras stabbing Azeroth, he looks shrunk down in terms of size. So....

As mentioned, its MORE likely that when the Pantheon started to seal Sargeras, he started shrinking. You see him in Avatar size at the end when he gets sealed. It also looks like the beam pulled him out of his giant gas cloud form too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I wonder which part of Azeroth had to see his dingdong in the sky.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post

Dude, it's key ART. It have nothing to with in-game reality. Look at key arts for other patches. It's something like movie poster, they just drew Sargeras this way because he is very important villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I wonder which part of Azeroth had to see his dingdong in the sky.

But all of the depictions we've seen of space, more or less, are created by or for denizens of the planet, so they will definitelylineit up by the poles. Anything madeby denizens of the planet would be north on top, because that's how we all see it. Anything made for denizens of the plnet would likely have been made before the denizens ad determined north and south, so they picked one, 50/50 to match. Or because they knew where the civiliations would likely start, the coudl guesstimate which was north. Either way, it makes sense for most or all representations we've seen thus far to be north top. However, when Sargeras shows up, he doesn't care about getting north as up relative to him, hell he doesn't even care about lining up to the poles. In fact, if anything he could WANT to stab closer to one of the poles as it is moving slower. As such, this is really the first time we've seen a PoV neither by nor for the denizens of azeroth, and that changes things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfinoria View Post
    Made my day, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

As for why Sargeras is so 'small', chances are that the planet itself is akin to an egg; the Titan will compromise a much smaller part of that, it's why only the sword hitting so deep was able to produce Azerite, which is literally the blood of a titan. It's also probably why Sargeras went "nooooooo", you know... since it was stopped just short of killing Azeroth -- since he feared Azeroth would be corrupted by the Void Lords and his greatest fears would come true.

This is further expressed by Argus; the planet is falling apart partially because, most likely, the Titan is rapidly being 'hatched' from it. The process would tear the world apart, surely.

I mean, this makes a lot more sense than the planet itself suddenly realigning itself dramatically into the shape of a humanoid.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Which area was closest to his crotchuler region? I need to know for important research.
    Northen Stonetalon Mountain would have a pretty nice view over the sister moons

----

So I hear alot of talk about the size of the planets themself. Lets put this to the test shall we?

Now, I don't know if this adds up scientifically. Feel free to correct me anytime!
    We start once again to trace the silhouettes of the planets as seen from the point of view of eachother. Would they have been the same, they would have looked similar in size.

Compare it to our earlier estimation of Sargeras size we end up with something like this.

To make it fair for Argus I scaled it up just a little bit, seeing that the POV we get from it's surface is not that from the equator.

I don't know about you guys, but I would guess Sargeras would be able to cleave that. He's a pretty cool boi after all.

In conclution... Blizzard is really inconsistent regarding art and physics!! This is a pretty bad example, it holds A LOT of flaws, but it would suggest, as people stated, that Azeroth is a MASSIVE planet! We could also argue that Azeroth is flat because the lack of a working day/night cycle. But please let's not get into that!
    Last edited by Naitsade; 2018-01-21 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Razorfen Kraul hasn't really seen a significant update for a while now. Being smushed by a Sargeras sized handprint would actually be a hilarious development.

Something like Kung-Fu Hustle, on a much bigger scale.

it got an update in WoD. new bosses (minus the final boss)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    But all of the depictions we've seen of space, more or less, are created by or for denizens of the planet, so they will definitelylineit up by the poles. Anything madeby denizens of the planet would be north on top, because that's how we all see it. Anything made for denizens of the plnet would likely have been made before the denizens ad determined north and south, so they picked one, 50/50 to match. Or because they knew where the civiliations would likely start, the coudl guesstimate which was north. Either way, it makes sense for most or all representations we've seen thus far to be north top. However, when Sargeras shows up, he doesn't care about getting north as up relative to him, hell he doesn't even care about lining up to the poles. In fact, if anything he could WANT to stab closer to one of the poles as it is moving slower. As such, this is really the first time we've seen a PoV neither by nor for the denizens of azeroth, and that changes things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    In space all is 3D. There is no gravity, no ground. Even if assume that poles are most "extreme" points, you can't say that one is up and other is down. North and south are completely made up terms and probably would "switch" if our first civilizations would start on southern hemisphere.

Play Homeworld, you'll understand, I think it may be only game series in full 3D.

I still do not see what any of this has to do with what i said, silithus is in the south of azeroth, sargeras stabbed the top of azeroth, this irks me. It's like you're trying to find something you can argue with someone on the internet about.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still do not see what any of this has to do with what i said, silithus is in the south of azeroth, sargeras stabbed the top of azeroth, this irks me. It's like you're trying to find something you can argue with someone on the internet about.
    I'm not really arguing, because you don't have any arguments. You tell us that Sargeras stabbed the "top" and Silithus is in the "south", we tell you that there is no top/down or north/south when you look at Azeroth from space.

You may stay "irked", you may educate yourself, so next time you won't write stupid things about it. Your choice.

Nice thread actually.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Imagine seeing that shit in the sky one day.

Nothing else comes up my mind, lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best thread of the year. Congratulations.