Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by geixer View Post
    Hey i was thinking instead of making a new class like the idiot idea of tinker which im sick of hearing about
    tinker is the worst and most retardet idea for a class ive ever heard of

my idea for 4th spec feel free to add

for shaman a earth tank spec : Earthwarder would be the first mail tank
    for Dk a caster class: necromancer would be the first caster plate class
    for DH which will be the 3rd spec : a 2h weapon spec would be the first 2h wielding leather dps
    for paladin : no name a caster or dualwielding spec
    for warrior : Gladiator a spec using sword and shield dps
    for mage : Spellbreaker a healer spec for mages with sword and shield focusing around absorb shield and healing through arcane energies
    for warlock: reaper a tank spec which protects its self with life energies it takes from the opponent
    for druid : nothing they have 4
    for priest : cleric a dps spec which used mace shield/off-hand melee dmg
    for monk : No name a caster spec
    for rogue : shadowlord a tank spec which cast shadows to absorb dmg
    for hunter: no idea come with ideas

this was my ideas yes i know that some of them will go against current classes but i think this will bring
    more choices of what to play
    Unholy DK is somewhat a necromancer spec.

If they do this, it will be 1-2 at a time as they see relevant. They've shown they no longer give a shit about balancing it cleanly with DH being 4th leather with only two specs. I think they've flat out said in q&a adding one for everyone all at once would be a creative and balancing nightmare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    all the specs already feel the same.. what will they do for the 4th spec? take away more abilities from other specs? LOL
    which specs feel the same ? you clearly have not been playing in legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    If they do this, it will be 1-2 at a time as they see relevant. They've shown they no longer give a shit about balancing it cleanly with DH being 4th leather with only two specs. I think they've flat out said in q&a adding one for everyone all at once would be a creative and balancing nightmare.
    legions dps specs from best to worst is only 8% differents so i would say its pretty balanced only newbies still complain because they dont have the skills to perform as good as other players

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    all the specs already feel the same.. what will they do for the 4th spec? take away more abilities from other specs? LOL
    no they don't

Yes let's add more melee specs to the game because there isn't enough as is. How about no.

I'd like them to fix the classes/specs first.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    OP: "Hey Blizzard, maybe instead one class, you will create 4 more classes next expansion!"

Blizzard: "Wow, what a brilliant idea! We will will start right away!"

And they live happily ever after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Blozzard cant even tune the current specs.

So naturally add 13 more.

Because you know... fuck it right?
    This annnnd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    As is said in pretty much every new class thread; We have lost a lot of identity to each spec enough as it is. Adding a fourth spec to every single class would be a hell of a lot more work than designing a new class, and we would most likely just be stealing things from other, already established classes.
    Also this! No new specs, or classes we have plenty! no more balancing work for blizz plz or animation work nooo or armor work, we have enough!

Deleted
    New rogue spec should be ranger. A sneaksy ranged spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    As is said in pretty much every new class thread; We have lost a lot of identity to each spec enough as it is. Adding a fourth spec to every single class would be a hell of a lot more work than designing a new class, and we would most likely just be stealing things from other, already established classes.
    Honestly i would say classes in general have lost alot of their flavor and identity over the years.

Still miss old systems like totems(which NEVER had anything replace them) or seals and auras on paladins(which in the case of auras pretty sure they never got replaced either) their was something to be said for managing the buffs added a touch of flavor to the world. Which these days while the game is FAR more optimized really ruins it for me at least a bit.

The game needs more flavor stuff imo not everything has to have a use in every fight situationak stuff was fun as was simple class flavor stuff. Oh mark of the wild too. Yeah simple things but even these simple class buffs or skills i feel added ALOT

As for fourth specs they pop up every expamsion

Monk wise would like ve a 4th caster spec based on the crane(like the earthwarden we kinda have an open 4th spot already)

As for hunter a Ranger slec that does NOT use pets but focuses on higher damage without one and stealth

And clearly the pld would be a Shockadin or more lore wise maybe Avenger as in holy avenger

I think it would be too much work to implement and balance, unfortunately. I like the idea behind it, but it doesn't seem like it's something that could realistically happen.

What I'd like to see instead is more of "stance switch" like Warriors had with Gladiator. Your abilities are largely the same, but there's tweaks so that you handle the role differently. So Prot Warriors can do DPS. Maybe Disc Priests equip a shield and mace and have shorter range on abilities but stronger shields. Maybe Unholy DKs can equip a staff and they become more ranged.

Don't get me wrong, it would still be a nightmare to balance, but I think it would be more doable than brand new specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    ffs instead of making another stupid thread, at least take a look at the current discussions going on:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5th-druid-spec

And anyways, what's the sudden increase of These threads? I swear These didn't exist some time ago, but now People are just making them daily (and 90%+ of These suggested 4th specs are the same lazy idea)
    They pop up like crazy every expansion

And some ideas lile caster pally, earth shaman and caster monk are because they already either existed as talent mashups(shockadin and emh being a tank/ot in vanilla depending on content) at one point or are so obvious by lore(crane stance not being a thing and whole fact our shamans have no spec centered on earth simce water is healing) their is no way to avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As cool as it could be for some classes, 13 new specs is a lot more work than one new class, and Blizzard already has a hard enough time balancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    As is said in pretty much every new class thread; We have lost a lot of identity to each spec enough as it is.
    No we didn't.
    Any loss was to make room for Traits, Honor Talents & Legendaries.
    Excessive Pruning just aggravated.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

legions dps specs from best to worst is only 8% differents so i would say its pretty balanced only newbies still complain because they dont have the skills to perform as good as other players
    It goes beyond that though - as class/spec inflation increases, the more work they have to do going forward to implement almost anything for the entire rest of the game. I think it's finally starting to fatigue the staff esp after Legion where specs and classes had a lot of unique content early on, which was cool, but doing so spread the content very thin, leading to the shallow mess that was the broken shore patch.

well legion is actually very balanced only 8% dps differents from top to bottom

- - - Updated - - -

classes in legion have more identity than ever before so your pretty wrong every class in legion feels different and unique
    8% single target DPS on a patchwerk fight is not an accurate representation of the actual raiding game.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I'd like them to fix the classes/specs first.
    only correct answer here

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    They pop up like crazy every expansion

And some ideas lile caster pally, earth shaman and caster monk are because they already either existed as talent mashups(shockadin and emh being a tank/ot in vanilla depending on content) at one point or are so obvious by lore(crane stance not being a thing and whole fact our shamans have no spec centered on earth simce water is healing) their is no way to avoid it.
    I get that stuff, but imho Blizz can just always add more Talents/glyphs/spells and not create entire new specs that will be unbalanced and just play as other specs, but with a slightly different "lore" or "color" (like caster paladin = basically disc priest with 1-2 paladin specific spells).

Anyways, on another Topic: It's kinda riddiculous that mods still haven't closed this one, while the other thread is still active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I get that stuff, but imho Blizz can just always add more Talents/glyphs/spells and not create entire new specs that will be unbalanced and just play as other specs, but with a slightly different "lore" or "color" (like caster paladin = basically disc priest with 1-2 paladin specific spells).

Anyways, on another Topic: It's kinda riddiculous that mods still haven't closed this one, while the other thread is still active.
    I meam that works but blizz is VERY play our way these days if not always.

And the other aspect is flavor hell they could just remove restrictions on non class gear and could already offer more flavor that way(like a warlock transmogged into plate for a plate wearing shadiw caster archetype)

Though paladin caster would fill the niche of ranged holy casting.

Here are my two cents on the fourth specs

Mage:Chronomancer(Ranged Healer) Draw upon the threads of time to weave timely pulses of temporal energy to disarm your enemies

Paladin:Vindicator(Ranged Damage) A noble knight that smites the wicked and defends the righteous through the power of the Librams

Warrior:Gladiator(Melee Damage) A peerless fighter, possessing formidable speed as well as strength.

Death Knight:Ashborn(Ranged Healer) Ashborn use the essence of the Lifebinder imbued in their bodies to turn the flames in a source of life

Demon Hunter:Soulstealer(Ranged Damage) they turn the souls of the enemies against them

Rogue:Triage(Melee Healer) they use technology and advanced first aid techniques to tend to their allies in battle

Shaman:Warden(Melee Tank) Adamant elemental fighter attuned to the earthen forces, using them to protect his allies.

Hunter:Ranger(Ranged Damage) A roving mystic who combines unique spell-craft with unparalleled marksmanship.

Monk:Serpent Caller(Ranged DPS) A master of martial prowess who can focus their inner energies to perform tremendous feats.

Warlock:Legionnaire(Melee Damage) they use an array of fel magics,chains and daggers to subdue their enemies

Priests:Purification(Ranged Damage) Caster who calls upon holy and divine arts to chastise and burn down foes in searing light