Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah they do as i said i just mever got far in previous games. As for healing i generally try when he attacks other even get some space but he does this jump thing and comes out of nowhere. I have been learning his patterns though
    So it's a "reaction" problem where you dont have time to "react run jump"?
    Or you are still in the animation of healing even after him attacking a friend?

Or does he "come out of nowhere" and you have no idea where he is. And you have no idea when to "run jump"?

I should probably watch a video of the monster because i have never played the beta Maybe someone else can help because i have no idea what monster animation you are refering to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Edit: Run and jumping still exist in monster hunter world, right?
    Yes.

As does launching your friends into the air with the Switch Axe so they can attack the monster in the air and mount it

Or if you mean the Superman Dive? Yes, its still there but it's not QUITE the same as it was in the previous games (seems to have less immunity frames).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's a "reaction" problem where you dont have time to "react run jump"?
    Or you are still in the animation of healing even after him attacking a friend?

Or does he "come out of nowhere" and you have no idea where he is. And you have no idea when to "run jump"?

I should probably watch a video of the monster because i have never played the beta Maybe someone else can help because i have no idea what monster animation you are refering to.
    Welll first still "getting good" second kinda animation since it iften happens RIGHT as i get what seems somewhere safe and have just choden say max potion..often right as i press the button

Note i do not ALWAYS die or die first at least ir take alot of damage i am getting better but in these cases groups damage is too low and we tineout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Yes.

As does launching your friends into the air with the Switch Axe so they can attack the monster in the air and mount it

Or if you mean the Superman Dive? Yes, its still there but it's not QUITE the same as it was in the previous games (seems to have less immunity frames).
    What the? That Switch Axe thing sounds so cool.
    Less immunity frames on Superman Dive? Oh my god, that sounds hard.

Maybe i should start immersing myself in monster hunter videos on youtube. I'm going in as a total noob. I don't know anything.

Can i turn on my PS4 right now and play the Monster Hunter BETA? Or is it over?

- - - Updated - - -

Welll first still "getting good" second kinda animation since it iften happens RIGHT as i get what seems somewhere safe and have just choden say max potion..often right as i press the button

Note i do not ALWAYS die or die first at least ir take alot of damage i am getting better but in these cases groups damage is too low and we tineout.
    That seems like a really overpowered monster animation. I need to watch this. Sorry i can't help you with the little information i have...

Maybe i should start immersing myself in monster hunter videos on youtube. I'm going in as a total noob. I don't know anything.

- - - Updated - - -

That seems like a really overpowered monster animation. I need to watch this. Sorry i can't help you with the little information i have...
    The Switch Axe thing was mostly a joke, but it CAN work ever since MH4 added mounting. Just warn your friends before you do it (hit Triangle+Circle, btw, to do the upswing while in Axe mode).

Used to be annoying to be flung into the air, now it can have a use!
    Last edited by Keile; 2018-01-21 at 04:37 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    The Switch Axe thing was mostly a joke, but it CAN work ever since MH4 added mounting. Just warn your friends before you do it (hit Triangle+Circle, btw, to do the upswing while in Axe mode).

Used to be annoying to be flung into the air, now it can have a use!
    I did a quick search about the beta...and it seems is only available until tomorrow sad
    I guess i'll have to wait and maybe just watch some videos on youtube until day 26.

Edit: F this, i'm downloading the demo right now anyway. I need to play this now

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It is ok and probably my inexperience as well

It is annoying though i will say that.

And yep you can

Deleted
    I just downloaded the beta and played a Barroth hunt. The game is amazing.
    Only one complaint so far.
    When your character is facing the camera you cant controll attacks left or right...for some reason when you are facing the camera you cant direct your attacks.
    Easily fixed by constantly changing the camera. AND THE CAMERA IN THIS GAME IS AMAZING. No more need for "claw grip" First game in the series where the camera is good.
    I can easily move the analog stick and attack at the same time and also use the "reset camera" button.

But is strange we cant direct attacks left or right when we are facing the camera...oh well, no problem, just have to adjust.

It is ok and probably my inexperience as well

It is annoying though i will say that.

And yep you can
    What's the name of the monster you are having problems with? So i can play it and finally be able to give tips

When your character is facing the camera you cant controll attacks left or right...for some reason when you are facing the camera you cant direct your attacks.
    Easily fixed by constantly changing the camera. AND THE CAMERA IN THIS GAME IS AMAZING. No more need for "claw grip" First game in the series where the camera is good.
    I can easily move the analog stick and attack at the same time and also use the "reset camera" button.

But is strange we cant direct attacks left or right when we are facing the camera...oh well, no problem, just have to adjust.

What's the name of the monster you are having problems with? So i can play it and finally be able to give tips
    You should have seen the original version of Barroth in MHTri.

He was so overtuned for how EARLY in the game you fight him that he absolutely WRECKED people. They had to slow his ass down in MH3U. In Tri he could turn on a dime and was just overall FAST AS HELL.

Here's just a little taste. Pay attention to how quickly he spins around at 1:26 mark. He also overall attacked more frequently and the attacks themselves happened faster. I believe his charge was even faster.

Basically he was way too strong for a monster you were supposed to hunt pretty much right after Great Jaggi/Royal Ludroth.

As for the camera, it's been good like this since MH3U came out, and has gotten better since. This one has a more advanced version of the Target Cam as well, basically letting you lock onto ANYTHING and not just the big monsters.
    Last edited by Keile; 2018-01-21 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

It is the fourth quest i forget the exact name but you'll know it

Deleted
    You should have seen the original version of Barroth in MHTri.

He was so overtuned for how EARLY in the game you fight him that he absolutely WRECKED people. They had to slow his ass down in MH3U. In Tri he could turn on a dime and was just overall FAST AS HELL.

Here's just a little taste. Pay attention to how quickly he spins around at 1:26 mark. He also overall attacked more frequently and the attacks themselves happened faster. I believe his charge was even faster.

Basically he was way too strong for a monster you were supposed to hunt pretty much right after Great Jaggi/Royal Ludroth.
    I missed out all recent monster hunters. I was only a veteran on the PS2 and early PSP ones.
    On that video he seems out of controll xD

Ok. I'm pretty sure i'm about to get owned...right about now

Nergigante...and yes he is a pain. He is the flagship monster of the game. My bros and I tried to 3 man him last night and we kept getting him to just about dead when the timer ran out every...time.

He is apparently easier to kill solo than in a group, due to him having FAR less health if you go solo.

- - - Updated - - -

I missed out all recent monster hunters. I was only a veteran on the PS2 and early PSP ones.
    On that video he seems out of controll xD

I hope to get a decent challenge with the monster @Sorrior is talking about.
    Barroth was way to easy and did no damage. Was only the second hunt though.
    I'm expecting a challenge in my next hunts
    Barroth is an early game monster, he is big but is supposed to be one of the first things you hunt.

Nergigante....he is a pain. He can 1 shot KO you if you don't pay attention. When his spikes go all black and hard, he is getting ready for that attack soon (he leaps into the air, then slams down onto you). This move also shoots his quills out, so even if he doesn't directly hit you...it can still 1 shot or nearly 1 shot you if you are within a certain range...

It was a pain and a half for me to kill this guy solo and I found that the more aggressively you can stick to his back legs and belly, the easier the fight becomes. Just don't get hit by his tail when behind him, which favors hitting the ground toward HIS left leg. Keeping an eye on the color of all his spikes helps too, it gives you an idea of when to sheathe and panic dive his spike breaking dive attack.

This version of Nergigante is intentionally overtuned and group scaling just increases its health significantly more than normal. They wanted the last beta to be a challenging. Besides, they want you to work for what looks like a Nergigante Plate in the reward package for release. Though it could use a bit of hitbox tuning.

In retail, this guy will be a joke compared to the beta because we'll be appropriately geared, have proper elements on our weapons, and already know the moveset very well. We'll likely have a 35 minute timer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post
    It was a pain and a half for me to kill this guy solo and I found that the more aggressively you can stick to his back legs and belly, the easier the fight becomes. Just don't get hit by his tail when behind him, which favors hitting the ground toward HIS left leg. Keeping an eye on the color of all his spikes helps too, it gives you an idea of when to sheathe and panic dive his spike breaking dive attack.

This version of Nergigante is intentionally overtuned and group scaling just increases its health significantly more than normal. They wanted the last beta to be a challenging. Besides, they want you to work for what looks like a Nergigante Plate in the reward package for release. Though it could use a bit of hitbox tuning.

In retail, this guy will be a joke compared to the beta because we'll be appropriately geared, have proper elements on our weapons, and already know the moveset very well. We'll likely have a 35 minute timer as well.
    And then there is these guys who killed him in 1:26.

So let's clarify a bit what happened:
    -All go Heavy Bowgun.
    -Set up ALL your barrel bombs in one spot.
    -Get the Slinger ammo that lights fires and have your whole team unload all their ammo basically onto the same spot just behind the barrels.
    -Smack one of the Paratoads that should be nearby when Nergigante gets close (totally RNG on this part)...
    -MORTAR THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.

These are the same guys who brought us some wonderful videos as: Killing a Rathian with nothing but throwing stones and boomerangs while all basically naked, and KICKING (well trying to) the Great Jagras to death (failed due to time) and successfully kicking Sergerios to death and Akantor in the previous games.
    Last edited by Keile; 2018-01-21 at 07:25 PM.

Right, but HBG speed runs aren't anything new at all.

Right, but HBG speed runs aren't anything new at all.
    Yes, but in the case of Nergigante it's not the HBG doing the work.

It's the torch pods.

Apparently when you stack them the damage multiplies by an insane amount, and quickly.

I guess I missed that detail. Sounds like a bug that can hopefully be patched on day 1. Would still like to see what 4 HBG users can do to Nergigante without it.

10+ Year Old Account

Soooo any good tips then guessing solo dual blades?

And now svared for quest 5

I guess I missed that detail. Sounds like a bug that can hopefully be patched on day 1. Would still like to see what 4 HBG users can do to Nergigante without it.
    Hopefully.

Or it'll be slime damage from MH:Tri all over again....

- - - Updated - - -

...I caved.

Got a 4K TV to go with my PS4 Pro just so I can play this game in 4K (when I'm in a mood where I don't care about FPS like playing solo or low rank or just wanna see the pretty). Only downside is people say the speakers on this TV aren't that great, but I play my PS4 with a headset on and plan to get a soundbar anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a dumb fuck and missed the beta, I now don't know if i'll go buy this day one though. I kinda loved MH3 on the Wii but I haven't spend "0+ on a game since Warhammer total war.