Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Although I like that drawing I think that not every world is the same size... Azeroth could be like ten times bigger or smaller.
    Very true, I did think of that as well. I've always thought Azeroth was pretty small for a planet, but we will never know. Sarg can destroy and create worlds, so he probably would have done the same to our planet had the Pantheon not interrupted him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Maybe Sargeras is from Space Australia?
    Don't make me fucking watch all those episodes again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I'm not really arguing, because you don't have any arguments. You tell us that Sargeras stabbed the "top" and Silithus is in the "south", we tell you that there is no top/down or north/south when you look at Azeroth from space.

You may stay "irked", you may educate yourself, so next time you won't write stupid things about it. Your choice.
    Ya thought as much, i'm not interested in your irrelevant petulance and won't get involved in a silly internet argument.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Ya thought as much, i'm not interested in your irrelevant petulance and won't get involved in a silly internet argument.
    This is gold ;D. I never met someone that truly believe in flat Earth, but now I know how must it feels like.

But seriously, I recommend you not repeat that "Europe is up, Australia is down" stuff in real life, you may embarrass yourself big time. Just friendly advice.

Deleted
    Thanks OP for this most awesome thread!

I'd reckon that Sargeras simply had a certain size chosen at the time of the pantheon pulling him back and that the power of the 'Pantheon Magnettm (Can be bought next expansion at your local Seat of the Pantheon) would result in his size changing. As the Vindicaar passes past Sargeras he is still quite huge, but once at the Seat of the Pantheon, he sits quite snuggly on his throne. Plus we see the size of the rest of the members of the pantheon quite clearly.

Edit: The pull of the Pantheon Magnet might have also reduced the force with which Sargeras could plunge his sword into Azeroth, thereby reducing cataclysmic effect on the world.

Deleted
    This is gold ;D. I never met someone that truly believe in flat Earth, but now I know how must it feels like.

But seriously, I recommend you not repeat that "Europe is up, Australia is down" stuff in real life, you may embarrass yourself big time. Just friendly advice.
    I honestly do not understand where you are getting any of this from anything i have said, i have never said anything about a flat earth or anything. Its baffling.

I'm not really arguing, because you don't have any arguments. You tell us that Sargeras stabbed the "top" and Silithus is in the "south", we tell you that there is no top/down or north/south when you look at Azeroth from space.
    You may stay "irked", you may educate yourself(???), so next time you won't write stupid things about it. Your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post

North - a cardinal point of the compass, lying in the plane of the meridian and to the left of a person facing the rising sun.

There's a north and south on every planet that has one sun/star. Azeroth is one of them, so you can clearly say that Azeroth has south/north.
    And Sargeras did stuck his sword on the top of the Azeroth - from his perspective. But that place is in the south from our perspective.

Don't start a shitstorm because of that stupid simple non-important thing. Please.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-01-21 at 12:23 PM.

Best post of the year, and we have only just begun...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quality thread right here, and this is probably the first time I'm saying that while not being ironic.

Would be awesome if they wrote some lines for the NPCs to reflect this happening. Like you visit a vendor in feathermoon and she's all like DID YOU SEE THAT THINGS IN THE SKY? WHAT? FUNNEL CAKES? WHO FUCKING CARES DID YOU NOT SEE THAT BIG ASS DEMON GUY ;_; and runs away crying. Or something.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's a north and south on every planet that has one sun/star. Azeroth is one of them, so you can clearly say that Azeroth has south/north.
    And Sargeras did stuck his sword on the top of the Azeroth - from his perspective. But that place is in the south from our perspective.

Don't start a shitstorm because of that stupid simple non-important thing. Please.
    Jesus Christ, now pointing something out is "creating a shitstorm"?

First comment of that dude was: "No one else irked at the fact that going by the cinematic the world as we know it orbits completely upside down to how we perceive it? Silithus is essentially north, none of it feels right. Like he just went full australia on us". He assume, that world in the cinematic "orbit upside down", it just sounded so stupid to me that I must point it out.

I just say that it is wrong to assume that north=top, even from our perspective. For Sargeras (+ Seat of Pantheon and Vindicaar) "top" is closer to Silithus, "down" Northend. But from our (on Azeroth) perspective it's NOT other way around - for us "top" is the sky, "down" is just ground.

I realize I nitpick a lot, but I don't think you can blame me in thread like this, where OP want to be as precise as possible. Also, it's Sunday ;P.

Jesus Christ, now pointing something out is "creating a shitstorm"?
    I meant don't start, not - stop that shitstorm. We misuderstood ourselves.

I realize I nitpick a lot, but I don't think you can blame me in thread like this, where OP want to be as precise as possible. Also, it's Sunday ;P.
    Yup. Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Don't make me fucking watch all those episodes again.
    DO IT.

You know you want to.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    This is further expressed by Argus; the planet is falling apart partially because, most likely, the Titan is rapidly being 'hatched' from it. The process would tear the world apart, surely.

I mean, this makes a lot more sense than the planet itself suddenly realigning itself dramatically into the shape of a humanoid.
    I always thought it'd be interesting, having an expansion around delving inside Azeroth to basically lobotomise the titan to stop it from hatching and killing everything living on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I always thought it'd be interesting, having an expansion around delving inside Azeroth to basically lobotomise the titan to stop it from hatching and killing everything living on it.
    Off topic, I guess, but your avatar makes this post strangely fitting.

Personally I'm against that, naturally... as everything up until now has been about saving Azeroth, and her birth into becoming a Titan likely will not be any time soon. That said, your idea does give me one; it would be interesting to have an expansion focused on a deep underground world focused on saving Azeroth from something destroying her... maybe old gods, maybe goblins mining Azerite... there's a lot of potential for that. But I don't know if there'd be any appeal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elfinoria View Post
    Northen Stonetalon Mountain would have a pretty nice view over the sister moons

----

So I hear alot of talk about the size of the planets themself. Lets put this to the test shall we?

Now, I don't know if this adds up scientifically. Feel free to correct me anytime!
    We start once again to trace the silhouettes of the planets as seen from the point of view of eachother. Would they have been the same, they would have looked similar in size.

Compare it to our earlier estimation of Sargeras size we end up with something like this.

To make it fair for Argus I scaled it up just a little bit, seeing that the POV we get from it's surface is not that from the equator.

I don't know about you guys, but I would guess Sargeras would be able to cleave that. He's a pretty cool boi after all.

In conclution... Blizzard is really inconsistent regarding art and physics!! This is a pretty bad example, it holds A LOT of flaws, but it would suggest, as people stated, that Azeroth is a MASSIVE planet! We could also argue that Azeroth is flat because the lack of a working day/night cycle. But please let's not get into that!
    You know these are some interesting points. It's totally plausible that they come from planets of different sizes; but how will it effect the Titans themselves? Are the titans inside larger, or maybe they are more powerful? Maybe both? I mean, Argus is clearly smaller than Azeroth and that can't just be ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know these are some interesting points. It's totally plausible that they come from planets of different sizes; but how will it effect the Titans themselves? Are the titans inside larger, or maybe they are more powerful? Maybe both? I mean, Argus is clearly smaller than Azeroth and that can't just be ignored.
    I wouldn't put too much thought to it but I did have an idea on Titan based worlds. Based on what we know, they seem to have sentient life that are notable. Argus has the Eredar(And Draenei). Azeroth has a lot of races born on the planet and with a lot of Magic around. What I think is, planets that do eventually form into Titans have or had a lot of intelligent life with massive potential.

The only problem with this theory is well that opens up what was the planets the Pantheon came from.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Off topic, I guess, but your avatar makes this post strangely fitting.

Personally I'm against that, naturally... as everything up until now has been about saving Azeroth, and her birth into becoming a Titan likely will not be any time soon. That said, your idea does give me one; it would be interesting to have an expansion focused on a deep underground world focused on saving Azeroth from something destroying her... maybe old gods, maybe goblins mining Azerite... there's a lot of potential for that. But I don't know if there'd be any appeal.
    I dunno, it could be. A lot of people were disappointed about Azol'Nerub being cut back massively, and while there were complains about Vashj'ir, I didn't really note any about Deepholm. I'd love to see other zones like that, especially seeing as they could be adapted to have flying as a core component too, flying from cavern to cavern.

All the women are all like, "IT"S SO BIG"!

Wait, what are we talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice effort... but sargeras true form is just stardust. Titans can change their physical body to whatever size they want. The corrupted cloud around Azeroth was his true body.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2018-01-22 at 08:54 AM.
    Aye mate

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfinoria View Post
    So I made a sloppy repose just to get the gripping of the sword right.

I know there's a lot of arguments to be had.
    - Just the upper body if him is reveald. I know this is the case, but that doesn't mean we can't speculate how big he could be taking to acount the material we have.
    - He does not ever touch the ground. Perhaps, just wanted to show with the ratio of his body where the his hand might be more present.
    - He should be big enough to split worlds! Yep! Yes he should. Perhaps he shrak a bit once he was hit by that pantheon lazor. Still, the sword he pokes into the planet should be way bigger then it is. Looks like it's ends way above the atmosphere, making it much higher then even Mount Hyjal.
    - The world is upside down!!. There's not really anything as up and down in space. I don't think Sargeras would ever bother to line up with the poles when coming in from outer space. I would just leach on from what ever angle I was heading from.
    -Why not turn the world up right? That's kinda boring...

None should have had any good view from here. Plus, you can clearly see a huge chunk of landmass under him in the cinematic.

So, lets go down to the surface, shall we? I did my best to line up the camera to the horizon in these views. The images does not really portrait the whole scene, but it's good enough to get a feeling for it. Prepare to be AMAZED!

Lovely!

Wish I had a 360 picture of this one.

Thank you, thank you so much!
    Would've been killer to see some of those shots in the ingame-cinematic, mother of space-balls!
    Well done and thank you for sharing!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There might've been different PoV from various locations. The HD clear view would probably from Vindicaar's angle much lik how Velen and Magni saw the whole thing. From within Azeroth I think Sargeras would somehow appear hazy or perhaps just a shilouette depending on how the light would hit him and his body. From various zones there would be skewing as he might appear larger or smaller due to perspective and distance brought about by various factors and optical illusions.

The size of an object is illusory in nature it is inconsitent
    -distance from a viewer
    - zoom factor in/out
    - angle and view (1st person vs 3rd person, worm's vs. bird's, overview, etc.)
    - camera positioning.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-01-24 at 05:23 AM.