Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Caveat; you DO get to choose the manner in which the footage is used. If you didn't approve it for public use in advertising, they can't use it for that. If you HAVE approved it for that, then yeah, you don't get to complain if your footage is used as the "after" picture for "My hemmorhoids feel SO much better!" advertising or whatnot, rather than something you like.
    Well, yeah. Obviously you reserve the right to choose whether or not it's used publicly, for profit, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If they consented, the woman's just a prude, but at the same time, Tomlo shouldn't respond with a "furious, expletive-filled, rant" if all she said was "this is not okay".
    Meh. Why not? The "offended" culture is getting old, fast. No one has an obligation to humor stupidity, even via civility.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-01-21 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    It's the Sun, that sort of stupid morality is sort of what they do.

It's creepy and perverse either way.

Sex sells but I think a lot of people see that as the problem in many ways.
    I disagree.
    It's always funny to me that the people who hate this kind of stuff embrace the publicity and celebration of sexuality every where else. I frankly don't give a shit. If a type of marketing works, then it has merit. If it has merit, then it's not creepy and perverse, its just a successful method.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    If you consent to being filmed, you don't get to choose how it's presented. And regardless of how you're dressed in public, you don't get to decide how other people react to it.
    yes, but this would qualify as using it as a commercial, so no.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yes, but this would qualify as using it as a commercial, so no.
    Endus already pointed out the public/private/profit angle, to which I conceded. I wasn't actually speaking in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    A male butt isn't generally attractive to women. That would be my guess why.
    I take it you've probably not talked to women much, or you have a terrible ass lol. Plenty of women like butts.

Dayum!!! Bootay!!! Humpday!!
    How did he guess the names of my WoW characters?

Have to look at they contract they signed and see if their photos can be used. Nevertheless, how he did it wasn’t very professional.

Cheers
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2018-01-22 at 01:07 AM.

He apparently apologised for it.

Far as I can tell the story here is "gym bro culture encounters real world". Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I’m more curious as to why you read the Sun.

It doesn’t even have tits in it nowadays.
    This is a valid question.

It hurt my eyes trying to read that article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

link doesnt work... i need to see these photos to decide how i feel about this
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    That's just blatantly false. Of course you get a say in how it's used in almost all cases.
    Try reading a few posts above yours. You do have rights in regards to it being published publicly or used for profit without your consent, but if you're in a public place, your rights are limited, as there's a limited expectation of privacy in public. You can go out on the street, etc, and film or take pictures and then upload them to youtube, etc, without the permission of anyone in them, as long as it's not done commercially or maliciously. On private property, you need the consent of the property owner.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-01-22 at 02:56 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Try reading a few posts above yours. You do have rights in regards to it being published publicly or used for profit without your consent, but if you're in a public place, your rights are limited, as there's a limited expectation of privacy in public. You can go out on the street, etc, and film or take pictures and then upload them to youtube, etc, without the permission of anyone in them, as long as it's not done commercially or maliciously. On private property, you need the consent of the property owner.
    Even in public there are limits. If you put a camera under a woman's skirt without her knowledge and take pictures, public place or no, you generally are going to get punished if you're caught.

In a professional setting, there are laws that state that consent is for specific usage. You absolutely can not ask people if they consent to being filmed for instructional purposes (IE: going over the footage with the person's trainer in order to point out relevant information) and then use it for advertising or for sexual gratification.

15+ Year Old Account
    This seems like an outrage-culture about outrage-culture thing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"