Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Solution? Avoid going to Islamic countries like the plague.
    Even better cleanse the world from the islamic plague

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    What's TERF?
    Trans-exclusionary radical feminist. Essentially, second wave feminists who fall into self-described radical feminist ideology and either want to exclude from public life or deny care to trans people.

The UK has a problem with them, the US less so. They've been flooding the UK media as of late and doxxing and harassing any trans woman who speaks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    I probably formulated it badly then (English is obviously not my first language), my apologies.
    No problem at all, sorry if I overreacted myself. Totally understandable!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Well, you guys do have that whole TERF driven moral panic against trans folks, but so far there's only been threats of violence there.
    We don’t really have any panic about trans people in Britain, moral or otherwise.

The only time they tend to make the news is over prison related issues, usually when they haven’t followed the law and got their certificate stating they have changed gender legally.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Even better cleanse the world from the islamic plague
    I have no issue with islamists that do not follow their holy scripture letter by letter and/or are extremists.
    You can change this islamists with any other kind of idealogy or religion.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-01-21 at 09:49 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We don’t really have any panic about trans people in Britain, moral or otherwise.

The only time they tend to make the news is over prison related issues, usually when they haven’t followed the law and got their certificate stating they have changed gender legally.
    Google Lily Madigan. 19 year old had something like five articles written about her.

Or, alternatively, here's one of your resident TERFs.
    Last edited by GreenGoldSharpie; 2018-01-21 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't go to Foreign countries and break the laws, then be surprised you are prosecuted by their laws.

surely its over the top compared to our laws, but this isn't Kansas anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google Lily Madigan. 19 year old had something live five articles written about her.

Or, alternatively, here's one of your resident TERFs.
    You are talking about issues that 99% of people in Britain have never heard of, let alone are in a moral panic about. It is no way comparable to this story.

I have no issue with islamists that do not follow their holy scripture letter by letter and/or are extremists.
    You can change this islamists with any other kind of idealogy or religion.
    Islamism is extremist by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Islamism is extremist by definition.
    What's the more "down to earth" version of islamism - muslim?
    definitions man.. :<

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, you guys do have that whole TERF driven moral panic against trans folks, but so far there's only been threats of violence there.
    TERF? do you mean Britian? I don't know this event at all.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

5+ Year Old Account
    You are talking about issues that 99% of people in Britain have never heard of, let alone are in a moral panic about. It is no way comparable to this story.
    Let's see a citation of that statistic.

Further, The Guardian does a decent job of running down how the conservative media is doing exactly what I outlined.

No sympathy for criminals

#amidoingitright?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    No sympathy for criminals
    #amidoingitright?
    Depends on the kind of law mostly.
    No alcohol is hardly a absurd law.

Being with a man at a certain time is a going into retarded zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    I'm just glad to live in a safe country generally.
    I live in the Netherlands and I cannot honestly think of any other place I rather be.
    Sure there are issues here as there are issues elsewhere but everything seems to over the top everywhere else.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-01-21 at 09:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Further, The Guardian does a decent job of running down how the conservative media is doing exactly what I outlined.
    I follow politics and the news every day its a hobby and honestly I've never seen that word till today not once. Never ever. Generally we don't talk about transgender issues much in England, its still not popular as far as I can tell but it just doesn't come up much in wider society, I suppose if your in a marganilsed group you'll be far more concious of it all (with good reason).

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the kind of law mostly.
    No alcohol is hardly a absurd law.

Being with a man at a certain time is a going into retarded zone.
    No alcohol is a stupid law. I don't even drink anymore really but alcohol is harmless in moderation, ridiculous to punish other people based on stupid fake moral reasons.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you’re joking.

Owen Jones is not a barometer of public opinion in Britain.

Owen Jones is not even a barometer of opinion within Owen Jones’ house, he changes his mind every five minutes and is plugged into minority issues that most people don’t give a toss about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    A Christian man
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    violation of the Islamic Sharia law
    That's all you need to know about the rest of the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's all you need to know about the rest of the article.
    I can't even fathom any importance in the fact that this was a Christian or a male.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    I follow politics and the news every day its a hobby and honestly I've never seen that word till today not once. Never ever. Generally we don't talk about transgender issues much in England, its still not popular as far as I can tell but it just doesn't come up much in wider society, I suppose if your in a marganilsed group you'll be far more concious of it all (with good reason).
    I would guess largely because TERF isn't a mainstream term and conservative media in the UK are selling them as mainline feminists who are only trying to protect women (from what, who knows?). Most TERFs are well heeled academics that were part of the 2nd wave. There's a pretty shoddy history of their impact here in the US, but they're way overshadowed by the religious right here.

The issue is their trying to work their views into the Labour Party and using opinion pieces in UK publications to attack what amounts to a largely poor, put upon demographic. Even more leftist publications, like The Guardian, have had recent trouble with publishing TERF pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you’re joking.
    I'm trying to simply stop you from making wild claims since your argument seems to be since you're unaware of the situation it isn't happening.

Owen Jones is not a barometer of public opinion in Britain.

Owen Jones is not even a barometer of opinion within Owen Jones’ house, he changes his mind every five minutes and is plugged into minority issues that most people don’t give a toss about.
    I'm not citing Jones as an authority. I was citing it as a good collection of what other UK publications are doing. You know, actual links, which are there.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we put people in prison for life for selling marijuana. I'd rather be beaten with a stick.