Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    there is a process for that, its called legal immigration.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You got that all wrong. They ARE sharing the burden, it's those other countries that are having a fit at the mere thought of doing the same.
    Really, it seems like the problem here is less 'economic refugees' and more that the EU needs to get its house in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah man, SK is known for its extreme hostility and violence.

If you're a refugee you don't pick and choose based on what kind of economic assistance they can offer you. That just makes you a fraud and a criminal, not a refugee
    Funny the experts say differently. Have you been a refugee? Have you been to a camp? Stop being a hypocrite. You didn't stay in South Korea did you?

People also overlook the basic points of laws and sovereignty

It is up to each individual country who they allow to admit and who they don't

People entering illegally have no respect for immigration law, so why should we expect them to respect any other laws?

People willing to commit criminal damage, threaten, intimidate and assault truck drivers, and do business with organised crime groups to illegally enter your country are, I would suggest, not the sort of people you would want in anyway

Especially if they have come from a perfectly safe country like France of Spain
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post

Not in the EU, it isn't.

It -should- be the responsibility of Brussels to come up with a system that rationalises the refugee problem into something more manageable but....national sovereignty or whatever.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm no scholar of economics, but doesn't more people mean more demand, which in turn create more jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Funny the experts say differently. Have you been a refugee? Have you been to a camp? Stop being a hypocrite.
    What experts? I don't see what being a refugee or not has to do with it. If I had to flee, I'd be happy with safety in any country. Not pick a country that offers me the most money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    You didn't stay in South Korea did you?
    What does that even have to do with anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    I'm no scholar of economics, but doesn't more people mean more demand, which in turn create more jobs?
    That assumes they have money to consume; a lot of people being displaced from Syria and the like typically don't have stable incomes.

But then of course, the obvious problem with giving them jobs and incomes becomes complaining from locals about 'why are they getting help and not me'. Chances are it's either A) because you voted for people who cut public assistance that would provide you with help or B) immigrants tend to be more economically flexible and see better outcomes than locals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they bring nothing to the country they flock to and only do so to drain the resources of said country.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post

People entering illegally have no respect for immigration law, so why should we expect them to respect any other laws?

People willing to commit criminal damage, threaten, intimidate and assault truck drivers, and do business with organised crime groups to illegally enter your country are, I would suggest, not the sort of people you would want in anyway

Especially of they have come from a perfectly safe country like France of Spain
    This, we've had people driving trucks into England Harrased a lot by economic migrants recently, legal skilled immigration is supported by me but nothing else short of refugees from warzones and even then that may very well make some of our own homeless when there are so many homeless and not enough support for them as it is. What's so wrong with wanting people to follow proper channels, use the legal methods and respect our society? Why would we want people who break out laws and don't respect us.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Deleted
    In order to be part of the demand, they have to get some money... And you don't just go to a country, get a roof and start working without any help. Especially if you don't speak the language. In order to have a return to investment, countries have to pay for them and many aren't giving back as much as what the cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    TLDR economic migrants are refugees from poverty and its just as terrible
    You need to add a bit more on this.

Economic refugees are people leaving their country, not always in a threat on themselves or the country. They seek a country with a system to sustain them without the toll of their home country. Many of these select specific countries and thus do their best to avoid health and safety rules to get there. These people are the category of people where some have been stopped with more than enough money to get by already, some with valuable metals and jewels as well. These aren't really refugees all of them. And a good part of them leaves jobs, to find a country that has a benefit system that can cover them - and later permit them to bring the family here. I am not saying all are so but they are the same category.

Good examples are: Man moves to country, is settled for enough time to request family reunification, except, he applies for 3 wives and 12(or more) children. It was calculated by the news that he would then by the country's laws, be entitled to the income of a minimum wage worker, pr. month. This man was denied, of course, as multiple wives aren't permitted, as well as some of the kids being 18+ years. This man moved from his country from apparently an okay job, to get to a country where the system would benefit him better in wealth.

Example two: Some economic refugees shroud between actual wartorn refugees, yet has had cases of some transporting diamonds, and gold, and so on. If you arrived as an economic refugee, you are meant to sign in differently than an actual refugee but they don't, for they can avoid half the system by going in with the others.

Example three: One european country had found out that they had a gentleman on the benefit system whom was on a pension payment plan somewhere else. This gentleman was receiving a pension from the Iranian government for having been a loyal officer up until retirement.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2018-01-21 at 10:56 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Thats BS though there are no countries that let newly arrived non citizens get welfare

You do realize those workers also being humans means they consume and thus increase demand ?
    Not newly arrived no but in Denmark once they get permission to stay even if temporary they will be able to receive welfare if they go to the job center and declare themselves unemployed, of course that is only until they find a job but finding a job when you don't know the language and aren't putting any effort into learning it is pretty difficult.

Although from my own personal experiences I have encountered more immigrants that actually does put an effort into trying to get in on the job market, I've also encountered my share of native Danes who are abusing the welfare system to the fullest extend so it is by no means solely immigrants leeching on the welfare system.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So we continue colonialism by using countries formerly of colonial empires as flesh farms to harvest and exploit for economic profit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Speaking for the European side of things - because they mostly come from an ideological background that doesn't fare too well in a secular, free society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't always help when many just arrive to gain benefits. They are a deadweight until working/studying.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If such mindset exists it means it makes sense from evolutionary standpoint and allowed survival of us as species.

What various political groups are trying to do right now, removing or weakening biologically encoded defense mechanisms, might as well lead to destruction of civilization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post

Although from my own personal experiences I have encountered more immigrants that actually does put an effort into trying to get in on the job market, I've also encountered my share of native Danes who are abusing the welfare system to the fullest extend so it is by no means solely immigrants leeching on the welfare system.
    So congratulations you answered yourself neither danes or immigrants are the problem the system is poorly designed.

Let me however point out that welfare fraud is RESIDUAL compared to corporate tax evasion and yet everyone focuses on it because its easier to hate the people under you than admit you're being shafted :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Speaking for the European side of things - because they mostly come from an ideological background that doesn't fare too well in a secular, free society.
    So, "they're Muslim".

A mix of racism and fear of being outdone in the labor market.