Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxm View Post
    so much missinformation, I found that on wowhead and that was how if happend:

This achievement was only ninja'd ONCE by a transfer char! This was the first time ever too, that a transfered character became a Scarab Lord. It was back in autumn 2007 on EU-Die Aldor. Die Aldor is a german RP realm. Well, back in these days, Die Aldor was a little bit retarded. They were more busy telling people, that it's not RP-like to run when you're in a city, than leveling their characters. (My ex girlfriend played on this realm, that's the reason why I know so much about this realm. I can't count how often I said to hear "Screw this goddamn retarded realm!" xD)
    Nevertheless, 9 months after Die Aldor was opened, a player from England transfered to Die Aldor and ninja'd the mount. Until this point, nobody even knew deffinitely, that it's possible to transfer with a completed scepter and bang the gong. There was a lot of whining on Die Aldor. They complained, that the were already planing their big RP event. But they didn't got even close to a completed scepter after 9 months! xD

For 1 1/2 year, every single new realm managed, to open their gates before the transfer lock was over. In Jan/Feb 2009, there were 3 realms that didn't managed to do this. EU-Area52, EU-Terokkar and EU-Azuremyst. This 3 realms were started shortly before the release of WotLK. There were not enough player that started a new alt at this point. So this 3 realms were low populated and were not able to collect the mats for the war affords. But about a douzen of players, on EACH of this realms, managed to complete a scepter. After 3 months, hundrets of player transfered to this realms and helped to collect the mats for the war affords. Then they opened the gates TOGETHER with the native scepter owners. Ninja'ing means that something gets stolen. But this was NOT the case on this 3 realms! About ~1000 people got their Scarab Lord achievement on this realms. Most of them transfered chars. Some of them chars, that were leveled on this realms.

Shortly after this happened, Blizzard decided to remove the AQ opening. It was not because it was ninja'd. It was because Blizzard wanted that the Scarab Lord achievement remains something special. So stop talking bullsh!t about things, you obviously know NOTHING about!

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit the mount was ninjad one time on die aldor. I remember the whine and nothing happened to the player. So why should blizzard later bann players for doing it even with the server community? So many people who know nothing about the facts just assumptions.
    You and I apparently have different meanings of the word "misinformation." Because the above post of yours, which I quoted, has a lot of "misinformation" in it.

Let me see if I can make this simple enough for you to understand. During the vanilla aq event only 1 person per server could receive the mount and title. Why then on servers like area 52, for example, are there over 150 scarab lords? Let's look at this objectively:

Their were around 183 servers up during during the aq event on January 23, 2006.
    Their is currently one server with over 150 people that have the mount and title.
    During Wotlk there were still some servers that had yet to finish the aq event of 2006.
    During Wotlk players found these servers, transferred to them, waited until the last minute, rang the gong, screwed players and guilds out of the title & mount they were working towards and transferred to another server.
    Interestingly enough, a good amount of the players on Area 52 that have the mount and title received both after 2009, ie. they cheesed it.
    Isn't it kind of ironic how a good portion of the scarab lords that received their titles during 2009 ended up on the same server?

Logically speaking, if a player was to get both the mount and title (not by cheesing it during 2009), wouldn't it make sense to be the only player on a server with quite possibly the hardest and rarest achievement in this game?

Did the players who transferred during Wotlk assist in working with the other players / guilds on the few remaining servers of 2009 towards finishing the event? Nope. They transferred to said servers, waited until the last minute, rang the gong, basically ninjaed the mount and title, screwing anyone who had worked towards it over, and then transferred off.

As to your above post, it was ninjaed prior to autumn 2007 (thus making your above quote also incorrect.) It was ninjaed on a server I played on during vanilla by none other than my guild leader at the time. As one of the top progression alliance guilds, we were working with other guilds at the time towards completing the event. It was agreed upon and understood by the players / guilds that were working together that we would do a /roll the following day to decide who would receive the mount and title. Not only did my gm at the time agree to this, he waited until everyone logged off, rang the gong and took it for himself.

After 3 months, hundrets of player transfered to this realms and helped to collect the mats for the war affords. Then they opened the gates TOGETHER with the native scepter owners. Ninja'ing means that something gets stolen. But this was NOT the case on this 3 realms! About ~1000 people got their Scarab Lord achievement on this realms. Most of them transfered chars. Some of them chars, that were leveled on this realms.
    What you fail to understand is that the players you spoke of did NOT help get mats. They transferred to said servers, waited until the last minute and basically stole the mount and title. That is called ninjaing. Is that clear enough for you to understand? If not, I can continue to explain it again and again, but the outcome will be the same. THE. MOUNT. WAS. NINJAED.

Shortly after this happened, Blizzard decided to remove the AQ opening. It was not because it was ninja'd. It was because Blizzard wanted that the Scarab Lord achievement remains something special. So stop talking bullsh!t about things, you obviously know NOTHING about!
    Incorrect again. Blizzard made it so what happened during Wotlk wouldn't happen again because players (including the original scarab lords) went on the wow forums and complained about people being rewarded for doing nothing and trivializing the time it took for hundreds if not thousands of players that spent time working towards completing the event.

Perhaps it doesn't matter to a number of posters on this thread that thousands of players and guilds spent countless hours working towards the event just to see their time and work made useless, because a number of players took advantage of something blizzard forgot to check on.

I'm going to try an analogy for you. Say you raided during original naxx, you managed to get every single piece of your tier during that time except for the redemption belt. Now, years later the belt pops up on the black market auction house, say every week for a year. Each time it pops up you lose the auction to other plate wearers who at the time couldn't even equip it, gloat in chat about how it took them so long during original naxx to get it, don't even use it as transmog, and rub it in your face every chance they get. Would you respond with: "oh well, it's ok!?"

For the heck of it, here's another. Say during vanilla wow you were one of the few paladins to actually get the corrupted ashbringer in game. An amazing feat in itself, you feel great spending the time it took and having the luck for it to drop. Fast forward a few years to pandaria. On your server in the capitol city you see 150 paladins with the look of the corrupted ashbringer, gloating about how hard it was to get it to drop during vanilla, how they spent so many hours doing this or that and were lucky enough to get it. You ultimately find that they achieved this by taking advantage of a transmog bug which has since been fixed. Would you respond with: "oh well, it's ok!?"

Tldr: double standards are apparently ok when it's about something that you yourself didn't spend hours upon hours or months upon months being involved in.
    Last edited by Epoch; 2018-01-22 at 02:53 AM. Reason: sp3lling
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Nj blizz making a cool new mount for the 0.2% of the game
    I will enjoy my mount for the two of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheamus View Post
    I will enjoy my mount for the two of us.
    Enjoy, man! At least it's getting some use that way.

(The new one should still be available to current players tho.)

I'm fine with Scarab Lords exclusively getting access to an updated black version, but I believe people who got the aquamarine battle tank should be able to get an updated aquamarine war tank as well.
    And exactly because of the WotLK bug the "prestige" argument is already out the window
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This has been discussed in the other thread a lot.

It's for a TINY proportion of players, the majority of which used an exploit during wotlk. Effectively, it's rewarding those who used the exploit when many others could have too.

It's also completely against any precedent - Raven Lord update was a CE mount, Gryphon and Wyvern updates were put behind current content too.

If they were worried it could take away from the "Special" nature of the old mounts, then just don't add it. There's literally ZERO reason to add a brand NEW free mount, for no work, to a tiny fraction of players that ALREADY HAVE one of the rarest mounts in game.

We DO know that quite a few devs are Scarab Lords though, so current (conspiracy) theory is that it was the developers themselves that wanted to be the special snowflakes and just rewarded themselves with a mount that only themselves, their friends, and a few other people scattered across the realms could ever own.
    It wasn't an "exploit". It was realm transferring to a server that still had the gates closed.. there is no exploiting involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    It wasn't an "exploit". It was realm transferring to a server that still had the gates closed.. there is no exploiting involved.
    The gates being closed after Classic, when you could overgear it, was unintentional.

Therefore it was an exploit.

You really don't see issue with on one hand claiming the Scarab Lord title and mount are prestigious and unique, and on the other hand being okay with people who outgeared it more than an expansion after its supposed date?

Because they are objectively two contradictory positions to hold. A double-standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'm fine with Scarab Lords exclusively getting access to an updated black version, but I believe people who got the aquamarine battle tank should be able to get an updated aquamarine war tank as well.
    And exactly because of the WotLK bug the "prestige" argument is already out the window
    I don't agree. I think the Scarab Lords currently have a cool mount and a title.

I think the black one should have been available to current players too, like the updated Rhok'delar, Corrupted Ashbringer, Grand Gryphon, updated Thunderfury, updated T6 (T20), updated Raven Lord, and any other updated or HD version of an old mount or item that was available to players and not locked behind owning the original.

As the user above me spoke of, it was an exploit.

Btw, I like your name and avatar. A little off topic but I was really excited years ago when hearing about Dune: generations.
    I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
    As the user above me spoke of, it was an exploit.

Btw, I like your name and avatar. A little off topic but I was really excited years ago when hearing about Dune: generations.
    I keep hearing they are working on a new Dune adaptation.. I'll trust it when I see it

Just wanted to bring up what I brought up before again.

o The new Corrupted Ashbringer skin for the Ret Paladin artifact. Available to any paladin who bothers to get it. Not given to all original Corrupted Ashbringer owners exclusively. Hell, warriors that own the original can't even get the new one if they wanted.

o The original Corrupted Ashbringer. A rare drop for killing the Four Horseman in the original 40-man Naxxramas. A raid instance removed with WoTLK. Seen today as a very prestigious item.

o The new Black Qiraji War Tank. Not available to anyone except the original Scarab Lords that already own the Black Qiraji Battle Tank. Hell, no player that wants to earn it can do it unless they buy a time machine.

o The original Black Qiraji Battle Tank. A reward for doing a long questline during Classic WoW that required entire guilds to put in the effort so that one person (usually the guild leader) could become Scarab Lord and get the mount. Considered prestigious, but between TBC and WoTLK, this achievement has been diminished several times due to bugged gates being launched with the gates closed, which allowed people who outgeared all the content of the questline to get it as well later than its intended date.

Two similarly prestigious (in the eyes of many players) items. Two very different treatments.

Holy shit this thread is still going on haha.

Got my first rare solve for Tol Vir on my 6th solve, but it's not the mount. I think it's not too bad to farm for the mount because let's say you do 3-4 Tol Vir solves everyday, even if it takes 300 solves to get it, it's about 3 months.

I keep hearing they are working on a new Dune adaptation.. I'll trust it when I see it
    I've been hearing that too, but judging from the downhill slope the books have taken after the author passed and his family took over, I don't have much hope. I liked David Lynch's version, only wished the studio hadn't stepped in and scrapped the movie from over 6+ hours down to what was released (some time ago I remember reading about the idea to cut the movie into parts, similar to what star wars did). I recall the studio mentioning something about people not wanting to sit through such a long film & they forced a lot of the great ideas/background and so on to be cut out and ultimately lost. Which movies like lord of the rings later proved to be incorrect, lol.
    I am excite