10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Not sure if this is what you're talking about but you can push a receiver out of bounds if they're in the air making the catch and it'll be incomplete.
    But he was in his route, and per the rules Cooks couldn't have touched the ball first in order to make the catch.
    So we have a receiver who was "checked" oob by a corner, and was unable to actually return to play to make a play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but you can push a receiver out of bounds if they're in the air making the catch and it'll be incomplete.
    No, he's saying that Bouye was allowed to force the pats receiver OOB by "hand checking" him with both arms and pushing him out of bounds while running next to him.

Good score for the vikings.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vikings are well coached, talented and lucky. Eagles are much like the Jaguars, great defense, servicable offense with questions at QB. I;d say the edge goes to the Vikings.

Oh well TD Vikings already. Eagles can;t afford to get in a shootout. This is bad news for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Vikings are well coached, talented and lucky. Eagles are much like the Jaguars, great defense, servicable offense with questions at QB. I;d say the edge goes to the Vikings.

Oh well TD Vikings already. Eagles can;t afford to get in a shootout. This is bad news for them.
    I REALLY don't want to play the Viks

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I REALLY don't want to play the Viks
    Same, but I don't see the Eagles pulling this out. It's possible though.

How about the Jags though? They looked for real. Even Bortles was impressive, the last couple games I thought he was serviceable when asked not to do much but game manager-y, however here he looked good, i mean his receivers made some quality catches but he still had some good movement, awareness and adjustments.

Edit: and I could bring up Fournette but he kind said it all with his play. Dude's Godzilla.
    Bortles is kind of facing the bigotry of low expectations though. Everyone's patting him on the back just for playing a competent game, but for a 4th year veteran who was the 3rd pick in the draft with plenty of solid weapons around him, he should be doing better. And you can tell the coaching staff doesn't trust him, you wouldn't go ball control with a 3 point lead against the Patriots in a road playoff game if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Bortles is kind of facing the bigotry of low expectations though. Everyone's patting him on the back just for playing a competent game, but for a 4th year veteran who was the 3rd pick in the draft with plenty of solid weapons around him, he should be doing better. And you can tell the coaching staff doesn't trust him, you wouldn't go ball control with a 3 point lead against the Patriots in a road playoff game if you did.
    The coaching staff all but said they don't believe in him at all at the end of the second half when they kneeled it with 55 seconds left. There was no reason for that, and shows that they don't think he's good enough. But yeah, he's an average QB (nothing wrong with that) that played a pretty good game today.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting on the Reddit thread where people make Gifs from the game

Edit: on my phone so I can't embed, https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...rference-call/ has a video though. Cooks gets forced out.
    That's not illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vikings essentially started this game jumping off the boat and punching a local in the mouth.

Seems legit.

But he was in his route, and per the rules Cooks couldn't have touched the ball first in order to make the catch.
    So we have a receiver who was "checked" oob by a corner, and was unable to actually return to play to make a play.
    Again, I don't know if you know the rules, a receiver can re-establish himself in bounds, and then touch the ball just fine as long as he went out of bounds involuntarily. Even first. So Cooks could have caught it and be fine, catch-eligibility wise. Being put out of bounds involuntarily, though, isn't necessarily a foul.

If the hand-checking isn't PI while he stays in bound, it isn't PI that forces him out of bounds. He went out to bounds during the coverage, because the coverage was tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Vikings essentially started this game jumping off the boat and punching a local in the mouth.

Seems legit.
    Hmm, I was always curious because a lot of Vikings fans are of Scandinavian ancestry and follow the team for that reason. I wonder if Europeans who watch football like or dislike the Vikings based on what the historical ones did to their country.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    That's not illegal.
    Yes it is, he placed two hands on him and pushed him out of bounds.

It ceases to be hand checking when your hands are on his shoulder and side.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2018-01-22 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I was always curious because a lot of Vikings fans are of Scandinavian ancestry and follow the team for that reason. I wonder if Europeans who watch football like or dislike the Vikings based on what the historical ones did to their country.
    Most of us are descended from said invaders.

I'm sure in 20 years looking back watching all the NFL films about his career, I'll appreciate Brady's greatness. But for now he's a overrated cheating douchebag who just got lucky 2394023498 times and I'm sticking to it. Fuck the Patriots.
    Not sure how you luck into 8 Superbowls & 4 SB MVPs since no one has done it before and as others pointed out, lucking out 2.3 billion times isn't luck...

Also not sure about him cheating, from what I recall that whole video tape thing was legal its just that the guy videoing was doing it in the wrong spot, deflategate was proven false by a professor (Steelers fan IIRC) who teaches at one of the most prestigious colleges in the world (MIT) who also went to one of the most prestigious colleges in the world called the University of Oxford (Colts balls were also deflated but no one remembers that)

There were a few questionable flags in the game but I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with the Patriots or Brady? they didn't throw the flags, the refs did and there has to be at least a couple hundred people employed by each team so if there was a "fix" someone would've come forward with evidence (which there is none of)...if you saw the score going into the 4th quarter, you'd have to be an idiot to think it was over, especially after last year

Any hate the team gets just comes down to the fact that the guy has gone to 7 Superbowls and is on his way to an 8th and they seem to always be around come playoff time, I say tough shit, do what the Giants did and actually beat them if you are tired of them
    Last edited by tylenol; 2018-01-22 at 12:09 AM.

There's the real Case Keenum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, no one gives a shit. There's probably more Vikings fans in the Nordic countries cause of ancestry and so on, but there's probably no Vikings haters cause of what they ever did in the old days. There's plenty of British Viking fans and the Vikings were terrible there.

ALSO, TD Eagles. Bad throw by Keenum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Again, I don't know if you know the rules, a receiver can re-establish himself in bounds, and then touch the ball just fine as long as he went out of bounds involuntarily. Even first. So Cooks could have caught it and be fine, catch-eligibility wise. Being put out of bounds involuntarily, though, isn't necessarily a foul.

If the hand-checking isn't PI while he stays in bound, it isn't PI that forces him out of bounds. He went out to bounds during the coverage, because the coverage was tight.
    You're not wrong with a receiver re-establishing himself but in this case he was unable to do so before the ball cleared where it would have been uncatchable if he was allowed to stay on his route.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually, I'll watch and cheer for the pats if the Eagles somehow win this.

Eagles fans will be unbearable when Dallas hosts the draft this year...

7+ Year Old Account
    Rigged