Poll: super speed or teleportation

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Life with super speed would be hell, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If you equalize the powers...then they are equal.

Superspeed requires super brain processing power in order to be functional. Otherwise you would effectively be blind when running because your brain wouldn't be able to keep up. Teleportation does not require consciousness transfer in order to work. I can give you not teleporting into solid objects...because Nightcrawler does possess some limited spacial awareness abilities that help keep him from doing that. And I can give you using portals to move parts of your body...as long as those parts still stay physically connected to you. But your other ideas are just trying to make teleportation into something it isn't.
    Being equal teleportation can get you off planet while super speed cannot. Realistically you would need something akin to the speed force for teleportation to be functional as well because even if you have been to Paris on June 25th 1999 its not in the same place in the universe today as it was then.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Teleportation
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Enhanced_Speed

Most of the flashes are god tier speedster, do you really think it wouldn't be possible for a god tier teleporter to teleport the adamantium off wolverines skeleton and place it on their own?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Teleportation, assuming I can teleport other objects and have the option to use portals.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Being equal teleportation can get you off planet while super speed cannot. Realistically you would need something akin to the speed force for teleportation to be functional as well because even if you have been to Paris on June 25th 1999 its not in the same place in the universe today as it was then.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Teleportation
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Enhanced_Speed

Most of the flashes are god tier speedster, do you really think it wouldn't be possible for a god tier teleporter to teleport the adamantium off wolverines skeleton and place it on their own?
    Even if they could...they'd die from adamantium poisoning because they don't have a healing factor.

And considering Flash has run across the universe...your whole "can't leave the planet" argument falls kind of flat

And I have no idea why you're bringing "realistically" into a debate over whether super speed or teleportation is a better mutant ability.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2018-01-22 at 01:57 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

As does the needs of the plot.

unless the plot requires it...

...unless of course the plot depends on it.
    This is true of way too many things, lol. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    2edgy brotato
    Nothing edgy about it...you just didn't watch enough Saturday Morning Cartoons from the mid 90's.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Nothing edgy about it...you just didn't watch enough Saturday Morning Cartoons from the mid 90's.
    You're right about that.

Should be noted Barry Allen and Wally West are not mutants.

For someone who is as lazy as me it has to be teleportation

All that running even if i was super fast seems like too much work lol

Teleportation, bonus points if it's Jumper movie style teleporting. As cool as it would be to have super speed, the logistics of having to be physically moving from one place to another and have to watch out for/ account for stuff in the way as I'm doing so just makes it more trouble than it's worth...I don't care which is faster.

super speed. assuming it applies to all movement not just travel and I can choose to do things at normal speed as well, the way Flash and Yoyo can. reading at super speed. cleaning at super speed. building at super speed. all kinds of tasks completed at super speed. teleportation is great but its only travel. super speed is fast travel AND fast other things.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-01-22 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Should be noted Barry Allen and Wally West are not mutants.
    The only actual mutants are Nightcrawler and Blink.

Yo-Yo in the comics is a mutate (which is difffernt than Mutant), in AoS she's an Inhuman
    Quicksilver has been retconned to be an experiment of the High Evolutionary and not a mutant at all. (That could be retconned again though now that Disney is getting the X-Men film rights.)

The only actual mutants are Nightcrawler and Blink.

Yo-Yo in the comics is a mutate (which is difffernt than Mutant), in AoS she's an Inhuman
    Quicksilver has been retconned to be an experiment of the High Evolutionary and not a mutant at all. (That could be retconned again though now that Disney is getting the X-Men film rights.)
    That's horse shit, they are all mutants of some sort. I have every x-men comic book except #1 and #94.

Goku-style instant transmission, no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That's horse shit, they are all mutants of some sort. I have every x-men comic book except #1 and #94.
    Guess you're missing more than that

do i need to worry about my body generating disturbances in the air around me? What about my personal coordination while moving at high speed? I'd rather not turn into a moving mass of death that has poor handling and wind up like a bad sci-fi doomsday event (think that scene from the last jedi where the ship was reaching warp speed going through another vessel).

As for teleportation, it would depend on which method of teleportation we're talking about. Entering an alternate plane of existence and traveling, line of sight projection, movement to a 'familiar' place (think runescape's lodestone network or many game's model of fast travel), portal manipulation (i'd take this cause i'd bet we could use the opening/closing portal as the sharpest edge ever)....

personally leaning toward teleportation, but need more clarification on how these effects are working.

7+ Year Old Account
    Teleportation if I could teleport to and from university.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably super speed.

Teleportation sounds novel, but most practical things I would desire to do with such a power can probably be accomplished just as well if not better with super speed, just in different ways. And then even more advantages on top of that.

Short of like teleporting up into a plane, out to sea on a boat, or even to another planet, there isn't anywhere you couldn't get to just as fast with super speed, while also remaining undetected due that speed.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2018-01-22 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    How would you travel to another planet just as easily as with teleportation ?

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Teleportation, all the way.

*BAMF*