Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinna View Post
    such as mage remove curse deep freeze searing pain on lock mana burn on priest and many others
    I do, I want Gladiator Stance back, WTB DPS Prot.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    hes not saying shamans arent viable.. hes saying that shamans are boring for him..
    Exactly! Or like ManiaCCC said it:

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    This, so much this. Anyone saying pruning is fine probably never had this experience.

To add on this, I remember how shamans with good usage of sentry totems made a difference in PvP or right timed grounding totem were godly. Ganged by rogues? Anti-poison totem could screw them hard. Or healer in danger? Put on rockbiter and earth shock to grab aggro, taunt totem on the ground and heal both you and healer so he can continue to keep tank up.

We lost all of this. For no good reason. If at least our damage rotations would be more interesting..but they are? More buttons, sure..but interesting or complex? no way.
    Honestly i see myselfs past in that post. Hell my shaman even tanked through WotLK Heroics because of Crit Resistance gear and a willing guild!

The shaman healer today is IMHO a fucked up mixture of Druid/Paladin/Holypriest. To be fair all healers share a common pattern nowadays and i've healed with all of them. Place something on the floor, got your HoT, got your bigger and lower heal and some form of group heal. Every healer feels more or less the same. And when you don't know what to do throw some laughable DPS.

Basically i dropped all the hassle and went with Blizzards FOTM / "Baseline" Healer. If i want to play a priest i figured i just play a priest and not some weird mixture what Blizzard considers Shaman. Don't worry about me, now i am happy and just don't care about my Shaman anymore. It's sad but that's how it is.

I personally enjoyed having a diverse kit to work with. You may not have needed certain abilities in most situations, but they would come in handy during particular encounters.

Haven't they acknowledged this mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by kinna View Post
    such as mage remove curse deep freeze searing pain on lock mana burn on priest and many others
    Ya, it wasn't good.

I want to apologize to the community for supporting the prunes, and I now DO NOT think that the prunes were a good idea guys.

The reason is since they just shit on SKILL so bad with the prunes OK, and made your skill matter less, which is simply not a good thing imo. Any benefits that they MAY have had WERE NOT WORTH IT YO!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2018-01-22 at 12:05 AM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

5+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, a lot of folks seem to think that if an ability isn't used 24/7 in raiding/M+, then it's just "bloat". I guess that's the mindset taught by Blizz with its "raid or die" approach.

Some folks have been saying this since round 1 of it started.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it was a mistake or not.

It's true that when skill/ability resets occur that there's nearly always something that someone can be unhappy about. Personally I don't think it made much of a difference. Good players are still good players; bad players still don't measure up. Good or bad, if they're having fun then it's fine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

With some specs/classes yes, others nah. Beast Mastery Hunters were pruned too much imo. Their rotation consists of literally only 2 or 3 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Did they? That would be new ..but hey, it may lead to better tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Yeah, I thought they were bringing back abilities for BfA?

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    This, so much this. Anyone saying pruning is fine probably never had this experience.

To add on this, I remember how shamans with good usage of sentry totems made a difference in PvP or right timed grounding totem were godly. Ganged by rogues? Anti-poison totem could screw them hard. Or healer in danger? Put on rockbiter and earth shock to grab aggro, taunt totem on the ground and heal both you and healer so he can continue to keep tank up.

We lost all of this. For no good reason. If at least our damage rotations would be more interesting..but they are? More buttons, sure..but interesting or complex? no way.
    Also good points but .. "We lost all this for no good reason"? There's always a point where too many abilities can feel overwhelming, especially to newer players and even "old timers" like me, look at how many action bars I have even today, and think: "Should I have this many keybinds?"

I'm not against ability pruning persay, but there's a balance between lessening the burden and stripping us of other ways to display skill and prove our mastery with a certain class.

Totems on Shaman largely got nix'd in general, so that was less of a pruning and more of a class overhaul thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Also good points but .. "We lost all this for no good reason"? There's always a point where too many abilities can feel overwhelming, especially to newer players and even "old timers" like me, look at how many action bars I have even today, and think: "Should I have this many keybinds?"
    I am really curious. Do you really have full bars? Because I am keybinding things like fishing, archeology, crafting, potions..all sort of useless things because I have literally nothing to put there even if I include my pvp talents. To me, it is quite mindboggling how little is left.

And now I am leveling my hunter. New scaling and 7.3.5 is great for leveling but when I look on my bars...it is laughable. YEs, I am not at max level yet, but still, it is like.. WHERE IS EVERYTHING?

Last time I leveled hunter was in BC and WotLK, and I had all sort of useful abilities and macros for me and for pets on my bars even during leveling, and while I understand for some it could be too much, how we really ended with less buttons than in Vanilla? Was Vanilla really overwhelming or even BC? I think only point when abilities and macros get a bit ridiculous was in Cata.

Not a mistake but they went too far for almost all classes.

A ton of class fantasy abilities were removed and should’ve been brought back in legion. Hopefully they eventually bring stuff back

None of the classes have been as enjoyable to play post MoP.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    None of the classes have been as enjoyable to play post MoP.
    I'm not one for blanket statements, but having considered this one, I essentially agree.
    While some classes/specs are nearly level with MoP or earlier, many have gotten precipitously less enjoyable.
    Shout out to hunters, warlocks, and paladins. They all got wrecked over the last two expansions.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dumbing down the game is always a bad idea.

Deleted
    I miss the old surv hunter. Dont like any of the current hunter specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Nope, actually one of the best things that ever happened to WoW.
    Pretty much, and I also think they didn't prune some classes enough. It still amuses me that people think having more useless/below average abilities equated to more complex and deeper game play choices.

WW monk (while not simple but very easy to pick up and harder to master), frost DK, rogue, and ret paladins feel more than fine to me atm.

I could handle the Finger Olympic classes (enhance, sub, feral, and MoP monk along with FFXIV rotations which are even more convoluted ) and did while raiding but easier rotations and less shit to worry about while engaging content is far more valuable to me.

I still use about 10-15 binds on my keyboard and 24 on my mouse for certain things sometimes and that's enough for macros/etc

Deleted
    punctuation? Ever? no? K.