Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Actors put on faces for a living. They are nothing if not their forward-facing image and ability to pretend to be something they're not. Not exactly the best candidate for picking a role model if you break it down like that, but there are worse I suppose.
    It's a sad indictment on society that people conflate fame with intelligence and competence. People should automatically become sceptical and wary whenever an actor steps up to a podium to lecture people on any topic other than about acting. Scarlett Johansson needs to be called out for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post

This has gone beyond a joke now. Assumptions of innocence is being sacrificed so hollywood hypocrites can virtue signal to sympathetic audiences. Careers are being ruined without due process. There needs to be big blow-back from this to stop this current McCarthyism style witch hunt.
    Do you know what due process is?

Who's careers have been ruined? Johnny Depp is a wife beater, still gets leading roles in big movies. Donald Trump was still elected president after he bragged about being a sex offender.

Apparently victims are only allowed to come forward after the abuser is convicted of rape. And a liberal. Conservatives were all over Bill Clinton, Weinstine, and Franken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it obvious with this movement you're guilty until proven innocent?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Speak up for yourselves instead of relying on celebs smh. You've got the power. Or just roll over for another wife beater for president.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Speak up for yourselves instead of relying on celebs smh. You've got the power.
    Well, no they don't have the power - that is in fact the problem.

No-one is in the news for a peer to peer case of sexual misconduct - it has always been someone in power vs someone subordinate in power.

The problem is that tables have turned with the #metoo movement, now people are destroying careers and lives with pure allegation - again the power of the 'hive mind' over the individual.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    The problem is not Scarlett, the problem is Hollywood. That place has always been and will always be full of morons. They pretend they defend the poor people, yet they always ask for more money when they make a movie (greediness is the n1 reason for social inequality). They pretend they defend women, yet you have retarded morons like Ophra (or jackass Tarantino) who said and did nothing about the sexual predator Weinstein because he was a close buddy.

Only the Silicon valley is probably worse when it comes to rotten people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    The metoo shit is retarded. Kinda funny how nobody notices how all these accusations are only targeting any white male who's gained some sort of relevancy as of lately.
    My #metoo was towards a black guy, but nobody gave a fuck because he's music industry and Im a literal nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Do you know what due process is?

Who's careers have been ruined? Johnny Depp is a wife beater, still gets leading roles in big movies. Donald Trump was still elected president after he bragged about being a sex offender.

Apparently victims are only allowed to come forward after the abuser is convicted of rape. And a liberal. Conservatives were all over Bill Clinton, Weinstine, and Franken.
    I know exactly what due process is.

Has James Franco been charged with any sexual misconduct? Is he facing criminal charges? Is there anything more than allegations that have been made through the media? What do you think his chances are of surviving this with his reputation in tact?

So during yesterday's misandry march, Scarlett Johansson jumps in front of a microphone and calls for the head of James Franco.

Contrast this to a few years ago when she pleaded for everyone to assume Woody Allen's innocence until proven guilty.

This compares to Merryl Streep open hypocrisy of tearfully applauding child rapist Roman Polanski while also tearfully applauding Oprah Winfreys hypocritical #metoo speech at the Golden Globes.

This has gone beyond a joke now. Assumptions of innocence is being sacrificed so hollywood hypocrites can virtue signal to sympathetic audiences. Careers are being ruined without due process. There needs to be big blow-back from this to stop this current McCarthyism style witch hunt.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...8f20f07e52220f
    Sorry but you don't get due process for people talking shit about you. If someone is saying or writing something false about you then you can sue for libel/slander.

Notice in these cases that no one is suing.

Have a nice day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Do you know what due process is?.
    Clearly he does not.

Deleted
    I know exactly what due process is.

Has James Franco been charged with any sexual misconduct? Is he facing criminal charges? Is there anything more than allegations that have been made through the media? What do you think his chances are of surviving this with his reputation in tact?
    If i recall, some years ago a story came out that James Franco (think it was in NY) contacted a girl on some social media (snapchat i think), and invited her to his hotel room even when she told him she was 17. The pictures of the chat between him and the girl came out on the web.
    That pretty much says what kind of person he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now #metoo is about James Franco earning too much money? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    My #metoo was towards a black guy, but nobody gave a fuck because he's music industry and Im a literal nobody
    That's not true you are a somebody, and this whole #metoo movement was supposed to be all about people like you. Unfortunately, self centred actresses have decided to make it all about them.

Without wanting to pry into detail, I hope you get an opportunity for redress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sorry but you don't get due process for people talking shit about you. If someone is saying or writing something false about you then you can sue for libel/slander.

Notice in these cases that no one is suing.

Have a nice day.
    Are you suggesting any man accused of sexual misconduct should sue the alleged victim for slander? Can you imagine how that would look?

Are you suggesting any man accused of sexual misconduct should sue the alleged victim for slander? Can you imagine how that would look?
    Yeah it would look like justice if the supposed victim is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    If i recall, some years ago a story came out that James Franco (think it was in NY) contacted a girl on some social media (snapchat i think), and invited her to his hotel room even when she told him she was 17. The pictures of the chat between him and the girl came out on the web.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Franco in any way, shape or form. He could be a total sleaze for all I know. My point in this thread is the rampant hypocrisy of the vacuous elites spearheading this movement. Many of them have known this sort of behaviour had been going on for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah it would look like justice if the supposed victim is full of shit.
    Yeah, in a situation that will mostly come down to he said/she said, if I was advising the person accused I wouldn't recommend it. Whatever public sympathy you might have would be flushed down the toilet along with your career.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not true you are a somebody, and this whole #metoo movement was supposed to be all about people like you. Unfortunately, self centred actresses have decided to make it all about them.

Without wanting to pry into detail, I hope you get an opportunity for redress.

- - - Updated - - -

If the accused man was innocent, it would look like justice.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    If the accused man was innocent, it would look like justice.
    exactly, people like OP just took the quotes completely out of Context. She wasn't being hypocrite in those circumstances.

psure 17 is the legal age in quite a few states though.

Whats your point? The New York age of consent is 17 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    psure 17 is the legal age in quite a few states though.
    16 in a lot of places outside the U.S.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Franco in any way, shape or form. He could be a total sleaze for all I know. My point in this thread is the rampant hypocrisy of the vacuous elites spearheading this movement. Many of them have known this sort of behaviour had been going on for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, in a situation that will mostly come down to he said/she said, if I was advising the person accused I wouldn't recommend it. Whatever public sympathy you might have would be flushed down the toilet along with your career.
    Do any of them even get public sympathy? Like I posted it seems like everyone is being treated guilty until proven innocent?

Everyone is immediately canned...no suspensions till trial...they're immediately fired before there is any real proof.