Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I predict elon musk is going down, very soon.
    Or up... To space!

A few people suing you in Norway probably doesn't even register on your radar when you're running 3 companies all of which are cutting edge in their field. Definitely a risk to underestimate him now.

I rather get that orange oompa loompa with his greedy little hands going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    See your problem is believing in electric cars to begin with.
    <3 Americans <3
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    His rockets go down under pretty often and part of it comes down for a landing too!
    Pretty sure if Elon goes down he'll land on both his feet as well.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    Or up... To space!

A few people suing you in Norway probably doesn't even register on your radar when you're running 3 companies all of which are cutting edge in their field. Definitely a risk to underestimate him now.
    Musk deserves major props for just surviving this far, given all the powerful entities lined up against him with a vested interest in seeing him fail, but I don't think anyone could have predicted he'd ever reach this level of success, and from the looks of it he's just getting started.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The autobahn isn't in Norway.
    It's not far when you've got 700 HP With enough horsepower the Norwegians were planning to drive to Sweden and Dukes of Hazard over the gap to Denmark - now they can't make the jump and they are angry.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Aren't the weather conditions a factor in this though?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Aren't the weather conditions a factor in this though?
    Nope. Not when it comes to engines themselves. Weather can affect mileage (because battery capacity changes with temperature by up to 50%), but not power output of an electric motor in any significant way.
    As was pointed out above, it has more to do with intentional misguide of a consumer. Because power output of electric motors is not regulated in the same way as conventional car motors are, Tesla stated power output of their motors basically at their melting point, not sustainable or realistic power output. For example, if an electric motor is rated at 100KW output, you can still channel 200KW through it. It will give you more in terms of power, but the motor is not likely to survive that for more than a few seconds or minutes at most. That is what Tesla did here. They stated their power output at a melting point, whereas the usual practice is to measure output at specific RPMs (3600 typically for car engines, unless stated otherwise. Larger volumes are often measured at lower RPMs, low volumes at higher. But manufacturer has to state these numbers in any case).
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-01-22 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    Sounds like one of those deals like screen manufacturers like to put out crazy contrast value claims based on dynamic contrast that arent very accurate, just a big number to use in marketing.
    Probably found some way to measure it to 700 under the right conditions, which arent very telling of real world usage.
    Straight up lying would be too dumb and risky, imaginative numbertwisting is what marketing is all about.
    Usually, lies aren't unheard of tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    See your problem is believing in electric cars to begin with.
    Call me back when your preferred engine design doesn't involve a transmission losing nearly half of the potential energy through translation.

Internal combustion is about the most inefficient wastes of energy humans have ever devised (aside from the tide pod challenge), its only benefit being abundance of fuel and simplicity.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's not far when you've got 700 HP With enough horsepower the Norwegians were planning to drive to Sweden and Dukes of Hazard over the gap to Denmark - now they can't make the jump and they are angry.
    lol My mind threw together that image for me. Hilarious.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Call me back when your preferred engine design doesn't involve a transmission losing nearly half of the potential energy through translation.

Internal combustion is about the most inefficient wastes of energy humans have ever devised (aside from the tide pod challenge), its only benefit being abundance of fuel and simplicity.
    They're also a lot of fun to drive when built correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Still, why lie about it?
    Because when your car handles like a peice of shit, uses cheap and god awful plastic everywhere, has panels that barely fit together and weighs a shitload, dick waving about hp is all you have left.
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2018-01-23 at 06:07 AM.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate