Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxotron View Post
    Dunno why people keep telling there were lot of gold sellers on live servers while i haven't encountered them playing on 2 servers through whole vanilla, and yes there are lot of them on private servers, can't deny that.
    There were areas in the world that was litteraly taken over by bots and on my server at least, there were sellers spamming 24/7.
    It was not so bad in the beginning but at the end of vanilla it was close to an epidemic.

Maybe you just played on a dead or at least small server.

I still think patch progression is the answer to things like debuff slots, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

my take on the debuff limit is that it was never INTENDED to be limited

but it needed to be limited simply because blizzard didnt have the time to create the code to make it unlimited.

if blizzard was given the time, the debuff limit would not have existed in vanilla.

I totally hear the arguments to keep it, obviously because it was a big part of vanilla. albeit a limiting one.

and I hear the argument for why blizzard would remove it, because it was something they never really wanted to have in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    my take on the debuff limit is that it was never INTENDED to be limited

but it needed to be limited simply because blizzard didnt have the time to create the code to make it unlimited.

if blizzard was given the time, the debuff limit would not have existed in vanilla.

I totally hear the arguments to keep it, obviously because it was a big part of vanilla. albeit a limiting one.

and I hear the argument for why blizzard would remove it, because it was something they never really wanted to have in vanilla.
    if they remove it they would need to make ALOT of other changes to the game

Deleted
    my biggest worry is Classic being fun. not gonna happen though :D

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    if they remove it they would need to make ALOT of other changes to the game
    but not difficult changes, theyd only need to adjust boss health and certain timers to compensate for the increased dps.

changing a # i'd imagine is quite easy even in coding, at least when compared to other tasks such as fixing bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Source please.
    Could post multiple dussins of them but to avoid spam of links i encourage you to search for yourself.
    Simply use your search engine of choice and just search for "<insert your prefered server provider here(like Light Hope or Elysium)> shady admins" if you want even more, just add reddit to your search.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulatomten View Post
    Could post multiple dussins of them but to avoid spam of links i encourage you to search for yourself.
    Simply use your search engine of choice and just search for "<insert your prefered server provider here(like Light Hope or Elysium)> shady admins" if you want even more, just add reddit to your search.
    So you have no sources. K.

Edit: lolreddit

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There were areas in the world that was litteraly taken over by bots and on my server at least, there were sellers spamming 24/7.
    It was not so bad in the beginning but at the end of vanilla it was close to an epidemic.

Maybe you just played on a dead or at least small server.
    First server Warsong US was full till second half of the vanilla, than lot of players migrated to EU, but Frostmourne US was full till the end and very active, but still haven't noticed those farmers/spammers pretty much. Only have met this issue with daily constant spam from goldsellers on high populated private servers.
    Also i have asked my friends to ensure that my memory doesn't trick me and they are on the same page with me, so dunno, maybe it was totally different in EU region at the time.

5+ Year Old Account
    My biggest worry for Classic is the lolbalance squad, but hopefully Blizz won't cave in this time. Not at the beginning, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxotron View Post
    First server Warsong US was full till second half of the vanilla, than lot of players migrated to EU, but Frostmourne US was full till the end and very active, but still haven't noticed those farmers/spammers pretty much. Only have met this issue with daily constant spam from goldsellers on high populated private servers.
    Also i have asked my friends to ensure that my memory doesn't trick me and they are on the same page with me, so dunno, maybe it was totally different in EU region at the time.
    I only played on the EU servers, so I really can't say.
    I did play on two of them and the situation was about the same on both. At least we had some fun, ganking them.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    but not difficult changes, theyd only need to adjust boss health and certain timers to compensate for the increased dps.

changing a # i'd imagine is quite easy even in coding, at least when compared to other tasks such as fixing bugs.
    That would greatly benefit mages and rogues that are already at the top of the dps... I would be OK if they changed it in a way that would shake a little bit the raid compositions (maybe limit per class or spec), but making it unlimited doesn't sound like a good idea.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

My biggest worry is that they won't change things that need changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Launch is going to be a shit show and if they do nothing to fix the tagging system/respawn rates then expect to see a lot of interest fall off in that first week or so.