Thread: Transmog

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Transmog

So i know xmog was not a thing until recently...I remember my clown outfit of best stats. My question is about xmog and currently unattainable items. If you classic is tied or on our main accounts, do you think items like the chromatic sword, Benediction, Rok'delar, ect... will appear in our xmogs on our main servers? I wonder if the tech is in place to do this or does i require the ability to transmogrify in order to be able to put it in your account's wardrobe. I does not seem to bad of an idea, because it would be a reward for actually earning some of these items.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm 99% sure vanilla will not be tied to current Warcraft.

While I personally wouldn't mind either way I'm sure some people would complain about the lost prestige of getting it the first time would be salty. (even though it would be exactly as hard the second time, which is why I again don't care at all one way or the other. It'd be a nice bonus motivation to play classic if anything.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from special promotions there should be no cross-traffic between games with respect to transmog or much of anything else.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

They should release updated high res items and tier gear in Vanilla that you can unlock on your battle.bet account for live.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Just think how many transmogs and mounts could you farm in Retail if you didn't spend all that time playing Classic.

I'd personally not be against this. I mean, earning benediction / T3 (as examples) would be just as difficult as it was originally. It wouldn't exactly be a prestige issue since people would be earning them legit.

Also, some lost items like T3 are in the Black Market AH. Surely that's more of a slap in the fact than people who had them legitimately.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna quote myself here.

"I'm just gonna jump over real quick to classic-server and do a quick Naxx40 clear and get full T3 for Xmog on my REAL character on Bfa" - Actual [Current-expac-pleb] Quote
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

I don't see why not. If you put that much effort into getting a transmog you frankly deserve it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I don't see why not. If you put that much effort into getting a transmog you frankly deserve it.
    Hah, that's actually an interesting perspective indeed. I have 125 days played on N*stalrius (which now goes by another name) and I've only attained 5/9 T3 so yea, it takes alot of effort.

Personally I hope there wont be any link between current expansion and vanilla servers. None what so ever. They should remain completely separate entities.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

I don't think there should be any incentitive to play classic, there will be more than enough of interested players to populate the servers without xmog hunters.
    Also i would be totally pissed if some guy push NEED on items just for xmog for his main, and imagine such xmog hunter who will acquire benediction and leave the server, i bet his guild won't be happy to waste usefull loot on such players, also it can totally happen since in MC you don't have established guild yet and lot of times you are picking some randoms or merging with other guild, especialy it is easy to get the spot for priest. Of course probably nobody will do that to loot something in Naxx, since it is way too much of effort for a useless xmog.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    I'm just gonna quote myself here.
    Quick Naxx40 clear...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Quick Naxx40 clear...
    Yes dear, that was the joke

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Hah, that's actually an interesting perspective indeed. I have 125 days played on N*stalrius (which now goes by another name) and I've only attained 5/9 T3 so yea, it takes alot of effort.

Personally I hope there wont be any link between current expansion and vanilla servers. None what so ever. They should remain completely separate entities.
    That's 3000 hours just to get 5 pieces of a transmog. Granted a player that's only there for the transmog might not put in as much playtime as you've done but still, if you work your ass off through all the content to get a complete set of T3 I don't think it matters why you did it, you deserve it just as much as the next guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    So i know xmog was not a thing until recently...I remember my clown outfit of best stats. My question is about xmog and currently unattainable items. If you classic is tied or on our main accounts, do you think items like the chromatic sword, Benediction, Rok'delar, ect... will appear in our xmogs on our main servers? I wonder if the tech is in place to do this or does i require the ability to transmogrify in order to be able to put it in your account's wardrobe. I does not seem to bad of an idea, because it would be a reward for actually earning some of these items.
    Play Classic because you enjoy playing classic, not because you "need" to.

Anyways, as other have said, in more or less words:

One does not simply walk into Azeroth and get T3 with Benediction.

Besides those "clown ourfits" are a good indicator of how good a player is. If you are worried about such things, did you really think you are capable of T3?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Play Classic because you enjoy playing classic, not because you "need" to.

Anyways, as other have said, in more or less words:

One does not simply walk into Azeroth and get T3 with Benediction.

Besides those "clown ourfits" are a good indicator of how good a player is. If you are worried about such things, did you really think you are capable of T3?
    Everyone plays the game for what ASPECTS OF THE GAME they enjoy. Some enjoy raiding. Some enjoy the way their character's look in transmog. Some enjoy leveling and hug critters. Some just stay in one zone for the music.

If I need to obtain t3 on my main in retail and the only way to do it is via classic grind, I will classic grind. Most semi-hardcore M retail guilds will stomp on all of your raids and their grind. We will min/max/ and grind w/e is required if that is our goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Everyone plays the game for what ASPECTS OF THE GAME they enjoy. Some enjoy raiding. Some enjoy the way their character's look in transmog. Some enjoy leveling and hug critters. Some just stay in one zone for the music.

If I need to obtain t3 on my main in retail and the only way to do it is via classic grind, I will classic grind. Most semi-hardcore M retail guilds will stomp on all of your raids and their grind. We will min/max/ and grind w/e is required if that is our goal.
    I don't think very many retail folk will get past level 30. M retail guilds might get to 40.

There is no instant gratification in Vanilla. Some will be gung-ho ... many more will not understand why they aren't level 60 yet after weeks of playing "hardcore" (retail casual speak).

Honestly, you'd be better off buying T3 in the BMAH. I imagine popularity will increase there (and prices), as people realize they don't have enough time for Vanilla.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-01-22 at 01:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    "recently"
    it was added in cataclysm, and cataclysm has been out longer then vanilla had been out till cataclysm, so cataclysm is far more then "50% throguh wows life" more of 40%
    so i wouldent call it recently...
    but whatever, no, i doubt it, very few people will want transmog cause it will ruin the sillyness, allthough i would like it, cause i hated how you never got to keep that cool nemesis set and were forced to use the shitty AQ teir...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think very many retail folk will get past level 30. M retail guilds might get to 40.

There is no instant gratification in Vanilla. Some will be gung-ho ... many more will not understand why they aren't level 60 yet after weeks of playing "hardcore" (retail casual speak).

Honestly, you'd be better off buying T3 in the BMAH. I imagine popularity will increase there (and prices), as people realize they don't have enough time for Vanilla.
    LOLOLOL
    what!?
    "Mythic retail guilds wont even get past level 40"
    is that what you are really saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

5+ Year Old Account

http://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...ing-guide.html

Here is your leveling guide omegalul. Tell me more. Shut up with your leveling taking months/years. Learn to play the game. Best regards from a "plebian retail" cutting edge M raider.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    LOLOLOL
    what!?
    "Mythic retail guilds wont even get past level 40"
    is that what you are really saying?
    Some members might, most won't, IMO.

There will be BFA enticing them, dangling shinies in their faces ... and Vanilla won't have enough instant gratification. The guild(s) get split, or they go back to BFA ...

So yeah lv 30-40 is where these M guildies stop, some alot sooner. They realize soon enough that it's going to take another 100 hours+ to level, 100's to farm gold for pre-raid BiS, then 100's more to farm farm farm before they even get capable for something like Naxx.

The last 100 hours is spread over 6 months, btw. Raids as released: MC / BWL / ZG / AQ (and the hundreds of hours in-between to farm resources to make said raids happen)

Oh yeah then they need to grind Argent Dawn rep .. and buy a ticket for Naxx, which ... costs a lot! Cheers

Oh and if they buy gold to cheat, I hope they get banned. Being Blizzard, the punishment is generally harsh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    http://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...ing-guide.html

Here is your leveling guide omegalul. Tell me more. Shut up with your leveling taking months/years. Learn to play the game. Best regards from a "plebian retail" cutting edge M raider.
    Study this real close.

Zzzzzz....

rofl. you will be in for a shocker.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-01-22 at 01:38 PM.