Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I miss baseline Rune Tap as blood dk (the one that wasn't healing based but damage reduction based in WOD I think) it was a nice way to make us more proactive instead of just reactive, though souldrinker sort of helps with that when we overcap.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Pretty much, and I also think they didn't prune some classes enough. It still amuses me that people think having more useless/below average abilities equated to more complex and deeper game play choices.

WW monk (while not simple but very easy to pick up and harder to master), frost DK, rogue, and ret paladins feel more than fine to me atm.

I could handle the Finger Olympic classes (enhance, sub, feral, and MoP monk along with FFXIV rotations which are even more convoluted ) and did while raiding but easier rotations and less shit to worry about while engaging content is far more valuable to me.

I still use about 10-15 binds on my keyboard and 24 on my mouse for certain things sometimes and that's enough for macros/etc
    It still amuses me that people who suck at the game think that there were many useless/below average abillities. Just because you didn't use it doesn't mean nobody did. I've always used most of my abillities in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    It still amuses me that people who suck at the game think that there were many useless/below average abillities. Just because you didn't use it doesn't mean nobody did. I've always used most of my abillities in PvP.
    They are stuck with their mindset in current wow design. They are not capable of thinking outside the box but I blame blizzard for it. They progressively designed wow into current form, where nothing outside of your rotation really matters. Creativity in playing you character is non-existent and mastering your class means "right timing of your cooldowns/rotation and reaction on proc".
    However, it is not just wow. Most modern MMORPGs suffer from this. Maybe this oldschool approach, when character wasn't just simplified tool how to deal damage(or tank/heal), is truly lost? I hope not but it certainly looks like it.

Deleted
    Legion "pruning" shifted some missing spell into PvP template or passive

So wasn't really a prune, but some prune were legit others were too far like jammer of wrath or kill shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinna View Post
    such as mage remove curse deep freeze searing pain on lock mana burn on priest and many others
    decurse job was moved to healers, searing pain had no niche to exist, all others you mentioned were removed due to pvp balance.

I'm fine with pruning because they add more interactive abilities, instead of ones that you barely have any use. Decurse my ass. I mean, back then i was happy to decurse because it stopped me from spamming scorch x5, fireball x∞, scorch, fireball x∞
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-22 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Pruned abilities?

As a former Survival Hunter, they pruned my entire spec.

They did the same thing to my DK Frost tank as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    Decurse made zero sense for mages and I do not miss it. I do miss deep freeze.
    Well I also miss Remove Curse, and I kinda liked the idea behind amplify and dampen magic buffs. I also miss the option of having spells from other schools in a given spec, though at least I can use Frost Nova in every one.

I was also using the spell to reduce aggro radius on mobs when I was questing on my priest regularly, for a somehow more "stealthier" approach. Miss that a bit. And why did they have to remove so many totems and shields from the shaman (or make them pvp exclusive)?

Also: Warlocks can still remove magic debuffs if they have the right pet. But mages cannot remove curses anymore. This is just another case of warlock favoritism! >

[I play both classes, though mage is my main. And it's incredible how many spells got copied froom warlocks to mages, at least in some part of WoW history.]

10+ Year Old Account
    curse of tongues, decurse, curse of tongues, decurse, curse of tongues, decurse, ..., out of mana, out of mana, out of mana, dead.

Such interaction, such fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Also: Warlocks can still remove magic debuffs if they have the right pet. But mages cannot remove curses anymore. This is just another case of warlock favoritism! >
    And mages have spellsteal, see, how some classes still possess kinda unique situational abilities in their toolkit. Blizzard re-visioned debuffs long time ago, there is just little to no curses to decurse. Adding powerful curses into the game just to please mages (and fuck over others), adding trivial curses is just pointless, why the hell would i want to remove -10% physical damage from myself? Or even curse of agony that NPCs throw at me since it barely deals any damage
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i do, give me utility options i might use instead of remove them
    in case of shaman they removed his core itself, no totems!
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    curse of tongues, decurse, curse of tongues, decurse, curse of tongues, decurse, ..., out of mana, out of mana, out of mana, dead.

Such interaction, such fun

- - - Updated - - -

And mages have spellsteal, see, how some classes still possess kinda unique situational abilities in their toolkit. Blizzard re-visioned debuffs long time ago, there is just little to no curses to decurse. Adding powerful curses into the game just to please mages (and fuck over others), adding trivial curses is just pointless, why the hell would i want to remove -10% physical damage from myself? Or even curse of agony that NPCs throw at me since it barely deals any damage
    Spamming curse of tongues until you're out of mana...
    Such skill...
    Btw thanks for proving my point that people who suck at the game don't understand the importance of having many situational spells.

I think a prune was a good idea. However, I don't neccessarily agree with all the pruning. But it is not an easy job to figure out what is fluff and what is neccessary. I don't miss that many abilities, but a few and some of the class overhauls I dislike. Hunters forexample, I just don't like them anymore. Used to love MM and Surv before. BM has always been boring for me though. Also locks were more fun before. But overrall, I think it had to be done. I just hope they can right the wrongs and repair those specs that just feels hollow with the current iteration. I am mostly happy with my main though who is a fire mage. And I am leveling a disc priest and I love the mix of dmg and healing. So, if you hate your class, try another one, maybe the class you are playing is just not right for you anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spamming curse of tongues until you're out of mana...
    Such skill...
    Btw thanks for proving my point that people who suck at the game don't understand the importance of having many situational spells.
    warlocks don't run out of mana, that's the whole point

7+ Year Old Account
    Both yes and no.

I think alot of the flavour abilties were just being wasted, since Blizzard moved away from a heavy use of dispelling in raids and dungeons, and there was also a large powercrep in abilties throughout the years, so some abilities were just never used.

I do agree that they maybe took away too many flavour abilties, like some that just were made for giving fun and for use in wierd PvP situations, but overall, it was the right decision.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    some prune was needed but they already did that in WoD, and for some classes a bit too much

After legion some classes were completely butchered and is just a shell of what they used to be.. aka frost DK, frost mage, ret pala

i get having too many abilities is confusing for some and leave a handful of abilities not being used, but now, having only a handful of abilities to use just sucks.

warlocks don't run out of mana, that's the whole point
    I haven't played Legion warlock, I didn't know they removed mana cost of curses. Spamming decurse until you're out of mana is even worse. It doesn't mean decurse is useless, it means you don't know how to play a mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played Legion warlock, I didn't know they removed mana cost of curses. Spamming decurse until you're out of mana is even worse. It doesn't mean decurse is useless, it means you don't know how to play a mage.
    warlocks didn't run out of mana for a different reason.

As a mage you had two options against warlock in pvp - run the fuck away, or somehow get rid of curse of tongues.

It does mean that decurse is redundant ability that existed for PvE reasons and doesn't need to exist in PvP with proper PvP design in mind.

warlocks didn't run out of mana for a different reason.

As a mage you had two options against warlock in pvp - run the fuck away, or somehow get rid of curse of tongues.

It does mean that decurse is redundant ability that existed for PvE reasons and doesn't need to exist in PvP with proper PvP design in mind.
    u realize that mage decurse was useful not only against warlock curses right?

also you werent just spamming curses/decurse every global.. if you did you were dumb

also remove curse wasnt the only way to get rid of curses, rofl.. some classes STILL have decurse btw, druids for example
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2018-01-22 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hell as a mid level player those times you remembered or figured out tricks to make things easier by using obscure skills was fun. Or using fsrsight to scout in battlegrounds or killrogs eye to plan out a pve attack when on an elite quest in vanilla and going solo.

Alot if fun flavor spells too. Not everytjing has to be useful 100% of the time or even always flavor and fun play big parts too imo
    far sight and eye of killrog are still in game

Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    Every time i see people say "professions don't matter now" it reads "I can't get broken tier 1 craftables that are leaps and bounds ahead of raid gear"
    That wasn't the only thing you got from professions before. It used to be every profession had their own personal perk.
    Like only enchanters could have ring enchants, alchemists had a HOT, tailors a leg enchant or something like that.

Now there is little incentive for me to max out my professions.

Deleted
    I miss only 3 abilities to be honest:

1) Mass AoE grip with DK DPS;
    2) This one is not really an ability, just have nostalgia of Shaman totems;
    3) I don't remember the name, but the Warrior ability you cuold use to break immunities.