Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Nope. Read pls.

Current devs are gnats standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Do you need me to quote you where you said you think they are trying to get rid of their playerbase, or are you realizing how stupid your entire post sounds?

Between 15 bucks a month for a few million players, 60 every two year with a new expansion (which also has a huge influx of returning players), game services and store items, I'm fairly sure WoW still is an integral part of their income. At the very least, it's making a huge profit compared to the production costs and intentionally getting rid of it seriously has to be borderline insane.

Legion was way better than WoD. I rather play WoW than OW. I get bored after a few matches on OW. I like raiding, leveling, mythic+ and so on. Sometimes I play OW when I want a break from WoW, but want to play something. I can't see myself playing OW as my main game ever. WoW still have guilds, you may have friends you play with, friends made in game, so on. Sure, things could be better in WoW, but I hardly see the doom you're preaching. If you don't like WoW, don't play it. Go play OW, I'll play my WoW and were both happy.

"Made up facts are not facts" - Abraham Lincoln, 2012

Deleted
    Less and less attention is given to detail, interior surprises, creative landscapes, immersive boss quotes/voice acting, etc. These small things are indicative of somethingmore significant: less and less damn is given about the game at Blizzard headquarters.
    Yea that's why we have:
    Suramar city
    Fully voice acted leveling experience
    Secrets that bonds thousands of people on Discord to solve them
    More unique 3D armor components, not just repainted existing model
    New weapon animations/spell effects

You just went full retard mode in this thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool thread.

Low effort for sure.

2.5/10
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Do you need me to quote you where you said you think they are trying to get rid of their playerbase, or are you realizing how stupid your entire post sounds?
    It was an either-or construction. It was a hyperbole to highlight the degradation the game has suffered during Legion (the “either”) backed up immediately by a more sensible thought (the “or”). Go ahead and quote me if you want, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Yea that's why we have:
    Suramar city
    Fully voice acted leveling experience
    Secrets that bonds thousands of people on Discord to solve them
    More unique 3D armor components, not just repainted existing model
    New weapon animations/spell effects

You just went full retard mode in this thread...
    How do u justify the downgrade in patch stability, and....

The utmost carelessness with regard to PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daren View Post
    Sorry bud but your 1 million subs mark is a little low, try 5 million at least and then change your math accordingly.
    wod dropped way below 5
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It was an either-or construction. It was a hyperbole to highlight the degradation the game has suffered during Legion (the “either”) backed up immediately by a more sensible thought (the “or”). Go ahead and quote me if you want, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

How do u justify the downgrade in patch stability, and....

The utmost carelessness with regard to PvP?
    lol don't need to, ya just admitted to it and proved my point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I'm all for being skeptical -and- cynical.

Except, do it with some basic facts please. There is nothing that indicates WoW's number would be as extremely low as 1 million subscribers. If you had said 3 million it could've been somewhat believable, but I think every reasonable estimate rather puts it at around 5 million subscribers. Add to that WoW selling an expansion every 2 years (for almost twice the price of Overwatch) and I don't think they struggle with making higher profits. This doesn't even include micro-transactions, WoW tokens, character boosts, WoW tokens and account services - let alone franchising.

On top of that I would argue that Legion has been more content heavy than any other previous expansion, coupled with faster content-releases. There is no real objective basis to declare that less content has been or is being delivered. Legion's content and pacing would've been every Vanilla and TBC raider's wet dream.
    Quantity has come at the cost of quality (PvP being totally done away with, all zones looking almost the same, ToS and Antorus looking a lot like HFC, dungeon being an outdoor area, etc). You need to have an eye for more “invisible” things to get my point.

- - - Updated - - -

lol don't need to, ya just admitted to it and proved my point.
    Nope. I didnt state anything.

Also, my saying “lets assume wow has 1 mil subscribers” was all about simplicity. People are not so bright it seems.

@Potentio

Can you show us on the doll where this horrid game called WoW touched you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    @Potentio

Can you show us on the doll where this horrid game called WoW touched you?
    Love and hate go hand in hand. You will realize it one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can't just drop support for World of Warcraft and its servers overnight, because that would be a massive PR disaster. Regardless, the potential profits they still see in Overwatch vastly outweigh the lingering profits still in WoW after the disaster that was WoD. So, they're trying to slowly get rid of us, while devoting more and more resources to Overwatch:

Weird RNG and grinds.
    Lack of communication from/with anybody involved in any kind of development.
    Creation of Classic servers to distract people from the dumpster fire that Live is becoming.
    Undocumented changes that only seem to break things.
    Almost complete negligence to the PvP scene.
    Pre-existing game-breaking, immersion-ruining bugs that persist to this day.
    Increasingly rushed, untested, unbalanced patches.
    Sigh...

If WoW was like this from the beginning, the game would be resigned to the forgotten joke-bins of yesteryear.

We never saw anything like this before Warlords of Draenor.

Either they are trying to get rid of us or they have just resorted to doing the bare minimum, the absolute necessary to keep their race to the bottom of the brain stem going for those who are still not awake yet (and will probably never be).

--------------------------------------------------

Let's assume WoW has 1 million subscribers, which makes 15 million dollars a month. (Still much, much more than any MMO still on the market, remember.)

Overwatch has sold around 30 million copies, which is at least 1.2 billion dollars from the up-front cost alone, not even accounting for lootboxes and holiday events.

It takes 80 months, or around 7 years, of World of Warcraft existing at its current state, to make up that 1.2 billion dollars, from sub costs alone.

World of Warcraft doesn't make that much money anymore. Less and less attention is given to detail, interior surprises, creative landscapes, immersive boss quotes/voice acting, etc. These small things are indicative of somethingmore significant: less and less damn is given about the game at Blizzard headquarters.
    I like that you left out expansion sales and things like server changes, faction change ect, and the 5$ they get for every wow token sold.

The games also attract different kinds of players. This may come as a shocker to you, but not everyone likes Overwatch.

EverQuest, the really old, clunky, mmo that launched in 1999 is still up, running, and coming out with new expansions. Wow will be around for a very long time.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2018-01-22 at 12:15 PM.

Quantity has come at the cost of quality (PvP being totally done away with, all zones looking almost the same, ToS and Antorus looking a lot like HFC, dungeon being an outdoor area, etc). You need to have an eye for more “invisible” things to get my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. I didnt state anything.

Also, my saying “lets assume wow has 1 mil subscribers” was all about simplicity. People are not so bright it seems.
    Yes, as many have pointed out, some people(you) are not too bright.

Stop taking the bait guys

Deleted
    Well I dont think they are trying to get rid of us, classic is a well functioning game on its own (rich private server scene has been a proof of that over the years).

Also your numbers are wrong, expansion costs some 45 €, I assume atleast 7mil people bought a copy (we honestly cant guess this though), thats over 300 mil just from purchasing the game. 1 mil subs is way too low, its atleast 3 mil on average every month (thats my bare minimum guess). Thats another 400+ mil € a year.

Ofc its not time/money efficient as overwatch, thats just a simple shooter. Its a different type of game. Its still worth making MMORPG content because its a different customer base, its still profitable so why not develop this game.

Deleted
    Yes, as many have pointed out, some people(you) are not too bright.
    Hypocrisy. I just went through your post history, so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can't just drop support for World of Warcraft and its servers overnight, because that would be a massive PR disaster. Regardless, the potential profits they still see in Overwatch vastly outweigh the lingering profits still in WoW after the disaster that was WoD. So, they're trying to slowly get rid of us, while devoting more and more resources to Overwatch:

Weird RNG and grinds.
    Creation of Classic servers to distract people from the dumpster fire that Live is becoming.
    Sigh...

If WoW was like this from the beginning, the game would be resigned to the forgotten joke-bins of yesteryear.

We never saw anything like this before Warlords of Draenor.

Either they are trying to get rid of us or they have just resorted to doing the bare minimum, the absolute necessary to keep their race to the bottom of the brain stem going for those who are still not awake yet (and will probably never be).

--------------------------------------------------

Let's assume WoW has 1 million subscribers, which makes 15 million dollars a month. (Still much, much more than any MMO still on the market, remember.)

Overwatch has sold around 30 million copies, which is at least 1.2 billion dollars from the up-front cost alone, not even accounting for lootboxes and holiday events.

It takes 80 months, or around 7 years, of World of Warcraft existing at its current state, to make up that 1.2 billion dollars, from sub costs alone.

World of Warcraft doesn't make that much money anymore. Less and less attention is given to detail, interior surprises, creative landscapes, immersive boss quotes/voice acting, etc. These small things are indicative of somethingmore significant: less and less damn is given about the game at Blizzard headquarters.
    Blizzard sells 5-6 million copies of WoW every expansion atleast. They each cost between 30-50$, so it is not like the income from WoW is not touching the numbers of Overwatch.

But to be on topic: The game is still doing fine, doing improvements and i don't really have the feeling, that Blizzard is trying to chase people away from WoW. If that is what is happening anyway, because of Blizzards lack of exciting content, is a whole other matter.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Weird RNG and grinds.
    Sigh...
    Weird RNG and grinds.
    Legendaries is the mistake of legion. Okay, everybody knows it. RNG on outlaw is to much, but personnaly I don't want to go back to 1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3 dps cycle.

Not that much, and not more than before.

They talk more than they ever talked.

Pvp is compltely broken since vanillla. Hearing from pvp players. You can find a post about this and how pvp is broken for every patch since.

I played Rogue, and endured vanish bug for 6/7 years at least. So go on, tell me how is it worst now?

Patch day no play is gone. Balance in pve is pretty good. Way less buggy patches than before.

I mean did you discover wow two years ago or simply retarded?
    Last edited by Tarba; 2018-01-22 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    So you want to be viewed as a bastion of critical thinking and rationality while utilising a hyperbolic fallacy to construct your argument?

Okay.

A classic Potentio thread. Truly been missing those. What exactly caused your meltdown this time? And do I need to call the authorities for your own safety?