Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Not trying to argue, yet you put out alteast 4 sentences trying to argue your points? I get it, you're trying really hard not to say you're invested in the argument and that I mean nothing to you, but I know from just responding you're in this as much as I am hun =)

And it's not just a few select countries. Politics is either a general shit show of public opinion in the cast of democracies, or a shit show of brutal abuse of power in the case of dictatorships. Pretending that public opinion excludes someone because of their profession or their social life or whatever the fuck is pretty silly considering wet let highschool dropouts vote.

Though you'll never see me say 'hey go trust X celebrity cause they said somethin' hehe', it's just a little silly when you go out of your way to shit on someones profession as if its a credible target. Maybe if she was a prostitute you'd have a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, fucking up with technology makes you Trump. Thanks for inferring though, it made my night <3.
    Infeeeeeer Infeeeeeeer Covefeeeeee
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Yet that's how Harvey Weinstein got busted. Hell you can pick up recording devices much more compact than a cell phone for audio purposes. Video too.
    Are you saying women should wear them at all times just incase this happens? Only ones who have previously had issues? What are your thought, come on Tell Grokresh the plan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Not trying to argue, yet you put out alteast 4 sentences trying to argue your points? I get it, you're trying really hard not to say you're invested in the argument and that I mean nothing to you, but I know from just responding you're in this as much as I am hun =)

And it's not just a few select countries. Politics is either a general shit show of public opinion in the case of democracies, or a shit show of brutal abuse of power in the case of dictatorships. Pretending that public opinion excludes someone because of their profession or their social life or whatever the fuck is pretty silly considering we let highschool dropouts vote.

Though you'll never see me say 'hey go trust X celebrity cause they said somethin' hehe', it's just a little silly when you go out of your way to shit on someones profession as if its a credible target. Maybe if she was a prostitute you'd have a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, fucking up with technology makes you Trump. Thanks for inferring though, it made my night <3.

There are also people who will use religion to extort cash and slander famous people. I don't see your point.
    Oh wow, I think I'll stop here then.

P.S: I really hope your are attempting to portray sarcasm in your post, as you seem to condemn profession bashing to then do an 180 and say I'd have a point if she were a prostitute (which is as respectable as any other profession).

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Yet that's how Harvey Weinstein got busted. Hell you can pick up recording devices much more compact than a cell phone for audio purposes. Video too.

He got busted because of solid evidence
    He didn't get busted. He didn't get arrested, nobody raided his house or filed charges.

He lost his job. His company found that he was too volatile and that these accusations (true or not) were too volatile for him to remain at that company.

Realizing the difference between social consequences and legal consequences is going to be key for all further arguing, though you already look like a tool so I doubt it will help you much here.

Also nice job dodging the religion thing, can't hit anything back when the truth is spat in your face?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Oh wow, I think I'll stop here then.

P.S: I really hope your are attempting to portray sarcasm in your post, as you seem to condemn profession bashing to then do an 180 and say I'd have a point if she were a prostitute (which is as respectable as any other profession).
    No see, you would have a point. And sure, it's as respectable, just illegal. The point would be made if she was, is what I was saying. Like if you were actually a social commentator, I'd have a point.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    Feminism is not a hate movement that is insane, you still have people fired from jobs for not wearing shoes that cripple, you still have women being raped and people will ask "What was she wearing" domestic violence is rampant still, feminism is needed.
    Thing is when most people say "feminism" what they're referring to actually is "extreme feminism". Like the crazies who believe that men need to be put in camps or thrown in prison or that all men are rapists. There was an article I read recently where a woman referred to her own son as her "spawn" and "agonized" that with every passing day he was closer to "become a sexual predator like the rest of his species."

Feminism is definitely needed, but its message is being buried under extremism and controversy.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Who cares what actors think
    When the US choose a TV celebrity to be their president.

I hate to break it to the OP, but most people are complete fucking hypocrites. Just look at their political positions, and their hypocrisy is quite evident.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-01-22 at 12:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Thing is when most people say "feminism" what they're referring to actually is "extreme feminism". Like the crazies who believe that men need to be put in camps or thrown in prison or that all men are rapists. There was an article I read recently where a woman referred to her own son as her "spawn" and "agonized" that with every passing day he was closer to "become a sexual predator like the rest of his species."

Feminism is definitely needed, but its message is being buried under extremism and controversy.
    Obviously that is insane but there are people that treat women as if they are already equal in society and they clearly aren't so feminism is needed, people abusing feminism to be twisted crazy man haters are misandarists, not feminists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well third wave feminism and most of the tail part of second wave are quite extreme.
    So extreme to want equal pay (They believe they don't get it), less rape, less domestic abuse, to be treated as capable (plenty still don't believe women can do the jobs a man can do) not to be raped and asked what you wore, to be respected for their talents(In companies people have changed email signatures to male/female and being treated so differently regardless of content involved and not just their bodies, to not be forced to wear heels which can cause feet problems and women have being fired over not wearing them. SO EXTREME.

So extreme to want equal pay (They believe they don't get it), less rape, less domestic abuse, to be treated as capable (plenty still don't believe women can do the jobs a man can do) not to be raped and asked what you wore, to be respected for their talents(In companies people have changed email signatures to male/female and being treated so differently regardless of content involved and not just their bodies, to not be forced to wear heels which can cause feet problems and women have being fired over not wearing them. SO EXTREME.
    Well I guess I would call wanting laws to avoid dress codes especially for women ... extreme.. But okay. Rape is already illegal. Paying people differently based on gender/race/etc is already illegal... etc...

7+ Year Old Account
    Feminism isn't just about changing laws it's about promoting societal change, also a dress code that causes long term injuries and discomfort is not more health and safety then dress code complaints.do you think women should have to wear clothing that causes them injuries and pain.

Feminism isn't just about changing laws it's about promoting societal change, also a dress code that causes long term injuries and discomfort is not more health and safety then dress code complaints.do you think women should have to wear clothing that causes them injuries and pain.
    I would be with you if heels weren't such an insanely popular choice is shoe for women without even counting work. Its not as if they are forced to wear stilts.

Speaking of stilts, would you also defend someone who had a job that required stilts for whatever reason (like a circus clown) ... but didn't want to wear stilts? Sounds asinine huh? Yes, its extreme for women who work in offices to call dress codes sexist, or air conditioning sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Im going to honest and say that I'm starting to not like this #MeToo stuff. People always find ways to latch on to good movements and make them look ugly. I support the #MeToo movement for giving people a voice and addressing misconduct, I don't like how some have turned into it into a witch hunt like movement where being a bad date means every mention of you should be removed from the face of the Earth. The latter takes away from actual victims and not actual justice. Good people need to stop letting the crazies take over their movements.
    There is much irony in the "pound" me too campaign. Did they not realize the # is also called the "pound" symbol?

The issue with a number of these movements is that they start out for a good cause then morph into something else. Generally straying from the march for equality!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    When the US choose a TV celebrity to be their president.
    Radio and Film "star" techically was Reagan. I'd support Oprah if she gives everyone a car if elected.... .LOL
    Last edited by Logwyn; 2018-01-22 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    So during yesterday's misandry march, Scarlett Johansson jumps in front of a microphone and calls for the head of James Franco.
    Yes, but... she's hot!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I would be with you if heels weren't such an insanely popular choice is shoe for women without even counting work. Its not as if they are forced to wear stilts.

Speaking of stilts, would you also defend someone who had a job that required stilts for whatever reason (like a circus clown) ... but didn't want to wear stilts? Sounds asinine huh? Yes, its extreme for women who work in offices to call dress codes sexist, or air conditioning sexist.
    What, stilts are needed in a circus for functionality. If men had to wear dangerous shoes to work in an office this wouldn't be a sexism issue. Also if you choose to do something that's fine but being forced to wear a uniform hazardous to health based on gender is definitely sexism.

What, stilts are needed in a circus for functionality. If men had to wear dangerous shoes to work in an office this wouldn't be a sexism issue. Also if you choose to do something that's fine but being forced to wear a uniform hazardous to health based on gender is definitely sexism.
    Heels aren't hazardous. Men also have dress codes. Its not sexism. Again, since those types of shoes are already very prevalent and popular outside of the office.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heels aren't hazardous. Men also have dress codes. Its not sexism. Again, since those types of shoes are already very prevalent and popular outside of the office.
    Men don't have to wear heels though, also heels are hazardous and can cause severe injured wearing them

Men don't have to wear heels though, also heels are hazardous and can cause severe injured wearing them
    No, heels are not hazardous. That men don't have to wear heels doesn't make them sexist. They are a popular and prevalent fashion item outside the workforce. They are already considered dressy clothing. So its not as if a bunch of businesses are making women wear unreasonable clothing.

every single PERSON in hollywood is full of shit.

do i think every male in hollywood is guilty of some kind of scum baggery at some point? yes.

do i think every female in hollywood at one point or another is guilty of enabling this scum baggery or at least looking the other way when it happens? abso fucking lutely
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

7+ Year Old Account
    No, heels are not hazardous. That men don't have to wear heels doesn't make them sexist. They are a popular and prevalent fashion item outside the workforce. They are already considered dressy clothing. So its not as if a bunch of businesses are making women wear unreasonable clothing.
    https://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fi...-injuries.aspx

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/heel-pain/ (wear flat shoes)

It is the defintion of sexism to make a women do something but not make a man do the same thing, why can't women wear the same shoes men wear? Because they are women? that is literally the defintion of sexism.

https://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fi...-injuries.aspx

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/heel-pain/ (wear flat shoes)

It is the defintion of sexism to make a women do something but not make a man do the same thing, why can't women wear the same shoes men wear? Because they are women? that is literally the defintion of sexism.
    Again, women choose to wear those shoes willingly. They are very popular. Nothing you linked shows they are hazardous in the office. The majority of those minor injuries likely happen while drunk or dancing.

Your second link is literally just a website about heel pain, not high heel shoes.

No, its not sexism.