Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's just a game. Play it if you enjoy it, and don't play it if you don't enjoy it. Or take breaks, so that the novelty comes back, after the break.

RELAX. You'll be much happier this way.

(Side note: My favorite time to play WoW is in the final few patches of an expansion. I'm loving the game, right now. To each his/her own.)

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Blizzard can't just drop support for World of Warcraft and its servers overnight, because that would be a massive PR disaster. Regardless, the potential profits they still see in Overwatch vastly outweigh the lingering profits still in WoW after the disaster that was WoD. So, they're trying to slowly get rid of us, while devoting more and more resources to Overwatch:

Weird RNG and grinds.
    Lack of communication from/with anybody involved in any kind of development.
    Creation of Classic servers to distract people from the dumpster fire that Live is becoming.
    Undocumented changes that only seem to break things.
    Almost complete negligence to the PvP scene.
    Pre-existing game-breaking, immersion-ruining bugs that persist to this day.
    Increasingly rushed, untested, unbalanced patches.
    Sigh...

If WoW was like this from the beginning, the game would be resigned to the forgotten joke-bins of yesteryear.

We never saw anything like this before Warlords of Draenor.

Either they are trying to get rid of us or they have just resorted to doing the bare minimum, the absolute necessary to keep their race to the bottom of the brain stem going for those who are still not awake yet (and will probably never be).

--------------------------------------------------

Let's assume WoW has 1 million subscribers, which makes 15 million dollars a month. (Still much, much more than any MMO still on the market, remember.)

Overwatch has sold around 30 million copies, which is at least 1.2 billion dollars from the up-front cost alone, not even accounting for lootboxes and holiday events.

It takes 80 months, or around 7 years, of World of Warcraft existing at its current state, to make up that 1.2 billion dollars, from sub costs alone.

World of Warcraft doesn't make that much money anymore. Less and less attention is given to detail, interior surprises, creative landscapes, immersive boss quotes/voice acting, etc. These small things are indicative of somethingmore significant: less and less damn is given about the game at Blizzard headquarters.
    If WoW was like this from the begining...

You do realise that WoW WAS like this in the begining during the "great days of Vanilla".

8+ hours of maintenance every Tuesday.
    Buggy as fuck patches.
    Broken and grindy pvp.
    Lvling and rep grinds that make today's grind a joke by comparison.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    A classic Potentio thread. Truly been missing those. What exactly caused your meltdown this time? And do I need to call the authorities for your own safety?
    Honestly?

My meltdown was caused by getting ganked in Silithus three times in a row and needing to run back to the other end of the zone because there is only one graveyard... and what a miss by not making the corpse fly too in what is a flying zone...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    If WoW was like this from the begining...

You do realise that WoW WAS like this in the begining during the "great days of Vanilla".

8+ hours of maintenance every Tuesday.
    Buggy as fuck patches.
    Broken and grindy pvp.
    Lvling and rep grinds that make today's grind a joke by comparison.
    PvP has never been as bad as it is now. Not even in Vanilla...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, some of us think critically. Time to wake up maybe?
    Nothing about your OP shows any evidence of critical thinking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Nothing about your OP shows any evidence of critical thinking.
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Growel View Post
    It's just a game. Play it if you enjoy it, and don't play it if you don't enjoy it. Or take breaks, so that the novelty comes back, after the break.

RELAX. You'll be much happier this way.

(Side note: My favorite time to play WoW is in the final few patches of an expansion. I'm loving the game, right now. To each his/her own.)
    Same with me. Just came back to WoW a Month back after a while out and really enjoying it. I play Overwatch and Hearthstone too. I'm not a Blizzard fanboy and I don't feel like I need to be supporting one game over the other I just play what I feel like for as log as I enjoy it.

So you're just F5'ing your thread?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

hi OP!

you don't actually suggest that a company would deliberately sabotage their (probably) 3rd(?) most profitable product hoping that this would somehow convince customers to move to the 1st right?

generally self respecting companies expand in order to cover the needs of a blossoming new product and they don't just rip resources from others and blizzard is a serious buisiness despite what the average whiner (who can't stop paying his monthly subscription for some reason) claims

if anything projects like the leveling revamp suggest longterm interest, if the plan was to just release 8.3 and call it they wouldn't bother with stuff like leveling

so no you just don't like the direction the game is taking and it's a personal preference

for the record i think they did a great job in the PvE part of the game, while once again failing to realize that as long as ranked pvp remains a closed circle it's doomed to obscurity (yes that means solo ranked features with leaderboards and such)

Either they are trying to get rid of us or they have just resorted to doing the bare minimum, the absolute necessary to keep their race to the bottom of the brain stem going for those who are still not awake yet (and will probably never be).
    Quick point: WoW probably has more than 5M subscribers atm. Activity levels are higher than they were around last subscribers announcement during WOD (which was 5.4M? or 4.5?).
    While WoW is probably by far the most expensive game to maintain and develop for, for Blizzard, chances are it still makes a LOT more money than you think.

Either way, why would they choose one or the other when they can have revenue from both?

The only thing that's reasonable to guess (and almost certainly to be happening, whether or not that is the cause of your perceived decline in quality) is that the more experienced developers and game designers have moved on to new or more recent games/projects, and WoW development is made by the newer guys (they did mention they expanded their WoW team quite a bit back in late MoP, it was one of the reasons for why it took so long and yet had little content).

Which makes complete sense and is just the natural cycle of a videogame. WoW, while still very much alive, is well past its growing phase and has matured into a relatively stable playerbase (likely around 4 to 6M). It's gonna be 14 years since release this year, while Overwatch will be only 2 this year.

Blizzard, for quite a while, was almost a synonym for WoW. It isn't anymore, and they now have multiple hugely successful games live. That's not a bad thing.

Honestly?

My meltdown was caused by getting ganked in Silithus three times in a row and needing to run back to the other end of the zone because there is only one graveyard... and what a miss by not making the corpse fly too in what is a flying zone...

- - - Updated - - -

PvP in Vanilla was.... Simplistic. That's really all that could be said for it.

As for your OP,
    Warcraft has sold more copies than Overwatch, each expansion sells at least 15 million, chances are I'm low balling that too. Not to mention WoW see a subscriber base probably around the 5 million mark.

But getting away from money, WoW is the face of Blizzard. It's their halo product. Regardless of how much money other IPs make for Blizz, it's what they are judged for. When there is overwatch movies, when the news does stories on things that happen in game, when celebrities identify as being "overwatch" players, then we will talk about OW being the more important product.

Deleted
    Ah it is Potentio

Quality shit poster

Honestly?

- - - Updated - - -

That depends. It was more balanced to the point where you weren't globaled by certain classes. But the time you needed to put into it to get any kind of reward...yeah.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why of all the great you focus on the bad?

If you count only subs. What about the shop and services? Also, WoW surely doesn't have 1 million subscribers. Not sure why you hate....
    wow tokens give blizzard more money than a sub does
    "paying with gold" = more money for blizz

how remedial are you guys

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Yea that's why we have:
    Suramar city
    Fully voice acted leveling experience
    Secrets that bonds thousands of people on Discord to solve them
    More unique 3D armor components, not just repainted existing model
    New weapon animations/spell effects

You just went full retard mode in this thread...
    yeah man he is so fucking right, legion has had the LEAST amount of voice acting of any expansion ever, and the least detail. i mean look at this

look at that bullshit on the left, fucking lazy, the rightside is pure skill, the left is them just slapping a purple paint bucket on a default model from the asset store
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This has been obvious to the serious competitive gaming community since the Deathwing patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    A classic Potentio thread. Truly been missing those. What exactly caused your meltdown this time? And do I need to call the authorities for your own safety?
    I think he got kicked for trying to spam just shadowbolt on a boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly?

- - - Updated - - -

lololol
    also yes, yes it was, when you could get killed by a rogue in whites and be unable to do anything about it
    or a fire mage/demo lock could 1 shot you with a propper timed spell, yeah pvp was really shit in vanilla

Proc tinket, activate other trinket, cast soulfire with curse on enemy annd crit, they are dead
    same thing for mage

instant cast 1 shot of a pyorblast.
    btw to save yourself a minute got to 1:10
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-01-22 at 01:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've loved this game for like 13 years through ups and downs, wow is life. wow is love, if you don't like it feel free to move on and enjoy wherever you go next!
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Can't really respect any opinion containing thoughts that they aren't communicating their development clearly. You only think that because you don't involve yourself in the proper communities and if that's the case then what knowledge would you hold on this topic?

- - - Updated - - -

Less and less attention is given to detail, interior surprises, creative landscapes, immersive boss quotes/voice acting, etc.
    See, then you prove my point. You clearly haven't played legion if you think that. This is factually incorrect. Was the last time you played wod? You seem to focus on it a lot.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Blizzard can't just drop support for World of Warcraft and its servers overnight, because that would be a massive PR disaster. Regardless, the potential profits they still see in Overwatch vastly outweigh the lingering profits still in WoW after the disaster that was WoD. So, they're trying to slowly get rid of us, while devoting more and more resources to Overwatch:

Weird RNG and grinds.
    Lack of communication from/with anybody involved in any kind of development.
    Creation of Classic servers to distract people from the dumpster fire that Live is becoming.
    Undocumented changes that only seem to break things.
    Almost complete negligence to the PvP scene.
    Pre-existing game-breaking, immersion-ruining bugs that persist to this day.
    Increasingly rushed, untested, unbalanced patches.
    Sigh...

If WoW was like this from the beginning, the game would be resigned to the forgotten joke-bins of yesteryear.

We never saw anything like this before Warlords of Draenor.

--------------------------------------------------

Let's assume WoW has 1 million subscribers, which makes 15 million dollars a month. (Still much, much more than any MMO still on the market, remember.)

Overwatch has sold around 30 million copies, which is at least 1.2 billion dollars from the up-front cost alone, not even accounting for lootboxes and holiday events.

It takes 80 months, or around 7 years, of World of Warcraft existing at its current state, to make up that 1.2 billion dollars, from sub costs alone.

World of Warcraft doesn't make that much money anymore. Less and less attention is given to detail, interior surprises, creative landscapes, immersive boss quotes/voice acting, etc. These small things are indicative of somethingmore significant: less and less damn is given about the game at Blizzard headquarters.
    Oh noes, the sky is falling. So why are you still here? Go play Overwatch or Monster Hunter World or Clash Royale. This is a 14 year old game, it won't become "the game most people play" ever again. If you can't handle this maybe it's time to say goodbye.