Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    That depends. It was more balanced to the point where you weren't globaled by certain classes. But the time you needed to put into it to get any kind of reward...yeah.
    Thats my point. PvP was better in previous years than it is now. Its been neglected in this expansion. Unbelievably so. And the bulk of the PvP population has jumped ship.
    If we compare Legion PvP to Vanilla, yea, perhaps they are close. But to compare it to other expansions... Nothing justifies neglecting one aspect of the game to such a disgusting degree.

It has never been great, but in Legion it has been just gross....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So it takes 80 months, huh? Are you also assuming that expansions are free?
    And also assuming that WoW only has 1 million players, every year. Which is definitely not even close to the true numbers/income in reality. Blind assumptions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Honestly?

My meltdown was caused by getting ganked in Silithus three times in a row and needing to run back to the other end of the zone because there is only one graveyard... and what a miss by not making the corpse fly too in what is a flying zone...

- - - Updated - - -

PvP has never been as bad as it is now. Not even in Vanilla...
    Are you on a pvp server, if so git gud.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    Are you on a pvp server, if so git gud.
    Legendary advice for glaring design oversights.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not a flying zone its pre level sixty. You can fly in it but it's not a zone for flying first and foremost. Also whatever I suggest you just want to shit on wow anyway, leave if you don't like it, they won't change things just for you and most people seem happier then ever with the recent expansion as this thread shows so if this direction is making more people happy they will keep doing it and you'll keep being sad, so you should just go.

Deleted
    It's not a flying zone its pre level sixty. You can fly in it but it's not a zone for flying first and foremost. Also whatever I suggest you just want to shit on wow anyway, leave if you don't like it, they won't change things just for you and most people seem happier then ever with the recent expansion as this thread shows so if this direction is making more people happy they will keep doing it and you'll keep being sad, so you should just go.
    I meant the new Silithus. The one which only has one graveyard.

Also, most people are easy to satisfy. And dont think much. Hmmmm.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2018-01-22 at 01:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Also, most people are easy to satisfy. And dont think much. And are shallow. Hmmmm.
    lol i find it funny you shit on current wow and your reason is "it only has 1 graveyard, it takes forever to walk to your corpse, old wow was never like this" when literally that was the whole point of vanilla, it was rare for a zone to have more then one graveyard
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Don't worry, your so hated developers have just something for you in BfA! Deactivate PvP and live on!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Don't worry, your so hated developers have just something for you in BfA! Deactivate PvP and live on!
    What an absurd move in a faction-war expansion lol. Another one of those immersion-breaking design decisions.

7+ Year Old Account

Also, most people are easy to satisfy. And dont think much. Hmmmm.
    Rofl your such an arrogant potato, if your not satisfied and other people are it's because they are too easy to satisfy, not because tastes are subjective?

TLDR; wow is dead... this meme again? Seriously?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varathos View Post
    TLDR; wow is dead... this meme again? Seriously?
    Wow is deffo dead, potato said so.

Deleted
    Rofl your such an arrogant potato, if your not satisfied and other people are it's because they are too easy to satisfy, not because tastes are subjective?
    Read about relativism vs relationism. Common herd taste is low. Tastes need to be refined, Happiness and comfort is a bad sign. Advancement of consciousness requires discomfort and an analytic mind.

if we just say "everything is subjective", the world seems quite a hollow place to be in. It is generally accepted within the erudite circles that this conception of the world is both form and content at the same time. Thus whoever says that is automatically shallow and half-witted. Nothing personal.

Also its easy to think Im after my own interests here, because thats the first thought. But Im not. People should just have a more refined taste, is all.

I guess thats why Im giving free lectures and hosting a YouTube channel that tries to throw light on whats going on around the world that the mainstream media doesnt portray because its not in their interests to do so. And why I turned down a magnificent job opportunity because my principles dont support corporate greed. Right. Yeah, Im all about my own subjectivity. Guess I should go and read about psychoanalysis or mindfulness? Lol.

Start reading more.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2018-01-22 at 02:04 PM.

Your using your own subjective opinion to say that Blizzard isn't prioritizing WoW because you don't like the direction. Then you added in some baffling math doesn't even make sense.

You don't like the direction of the game, that's fine. Not everyone does and not everyone will like the choices Blizzard make. That doesn't mean that this cash cow (and it is a cash cow) is no longer a priority for the company.

Blizzard can't just drop support for World of Warcraft and its servers overnight, because that would be a massive PR disaster. Regardless, the potential profits they still see in Overwatch vastly outweigh the lingering profits still in WoW after the disaster that was WoD. So, they're trying to slowly get rid of us, while devoting more and more resources to Overwatch:

Weird RNG and grinds.
    Lack of communication from/with anybody involved in any kind of development.
    Creation of Classic servers to distract people from the dumpster fire that Live is becoming.
    Undocumented changes that only seem to break things.
    Almost complete negligence to the PvP scene.
    Pre-existing game-breaking, immersion-ruining bugs that persist to this day.
    Increasingly rushed, untested, unbalanced patches.
    Sigh...

If WoW was like this from the beginning, the game would be resigned to the forgotten joke-bins of yesteryear.

We never saw anything like this before Warlords of Draenor.

Either they are trying to get rid of us or they have just resorted to doing the bare minimum, the absolute necessary to keep their race to the bottom of the brain stem going for those who are still not awake yet (and will probably never be).

--------------------------------------------------

Let's assume WoW has 1 million subscribers, which makes 15 million dollars a month. (Still much, much more than any MMO still on the market, remember.)

Overwatch has sold around 30 million copies, which is at least 1.2 billion dollars from the up-front cost alone, not even accounting for lootboxes and holiday events.

It takes 80 months, or around 7 years, of World of Warcraft existing at its current state, to make up that 1.2 billion dollars, from sub costs alone.

World of Warcraft doesn't make that much money anymore. Less and less attention is given to detail, interior surprises, creative landscapes, immersive boss quotes/voice acting, etc. These small things are indicative of somethingmore significant: less and less damn is given about the game at Blizzard headquarters.
    So you count OW Loot Boxes but not WoW Cash Shop items/WoW Tokens?

Seems like a misguided argument from the get-go. Oops.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    You don't like the direction of the game, that's fine. Not everyone does and not everyone will like the choices Blizzard make. That doesn't mean that this cash cow (and it is a cash cow) is no longer a priority for the company.
    Absolutely right.
    And even if it wasn't still a priority for Blizz (which it is), why on earth would they abandon it? Get rid of the players, as OP says? It's not like all current WoW players would start playing OW instead. Millions of paying customers would just be lost.
    Blizzard will continue to make money off WoW as long as subs cover server costs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Read about relativism vs relationism. Common herd taste is low. Tastes need to be refined, Happiness and comfort is a bad sign. Advancement of consciousness requires discomfort and an analytic mind.

if we just say "everything is subjective", the world seems quite a hollow place to be in. It is generally accepted within the erudite circles that this conception of the world is both form and content at the same time. Thus whoever says that is automatically shallow and half-witted.
    Your opinion is that the game isn't doing good things and isn't in a good place potato, but your being a silly potato because other people are happy with the direction of the game, I do think they are improving it and making it better, I've found certain points in the game less good then others but I am very pleased with the current direction as are a lot of people, your not some special genius that is automatically right and can disregard everyone else, don't be so arrogant to assume your right.

Because games don't live forever.

That's a huge stretch. Just because the game isn't as good as it used to be doesn't mean they're trying to phase it out.

Also "sub costs" are a small part of profits. Don't forget base game/expansion costs plus micro transactions (transfers, boosts, mounts, etc.)

---snip---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-01-22 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Removed Video Spam