Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Perhaps Blizzard could institute a way to blackout a instances the way we can blackout battlegrounds.

Cheers

This isn't actually a problem, this is one of the best features. The problem is you want to level without leaving a city. Now you'll have to actually go out into the world to quest!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Dungeons are now back to what they used to be. Something you do for maybe some gear and something different than questing and no longer mindless xp farm fests.
    Just queue for the specific dungeons that you like. Does staying in queue 5 minutes less and getting a bonus xp that's worth a quest or two mean that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Like I said, my preferred leveling style is dungeon grinding; I don't just run dungeons to complete the quests, they are my entire means of leveling to max. I just want an improved system to what existed pre patch, but currently the leveling system has improved with scaling and gotten worse with the dungeon level merge. This, along with the xp changes have seriously reduced my enjoyment of a patch that I was really looking forward to.
    I feel like this makes it a you problem more than an issue with the game. You're not really playing the game or experiencing any true change to it if all you are doing is dungeons.

People keep talking about the experience decrease like it was super dramatic but in reality the fact is that if you level certain ways it's made leveling faster. Numbers being lower does not make it slower. A good example of this is a Theramore quest I got to go back to stormwind. I didn't bother with it and decided it was too far, but the next time I was in stormwind I still had it in my quest log and handed it is for a very nice chunk of practically free XP.

Doing only dungeons has never been a good way to play, I think it's a case of have a bit of fun questing or get over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I'm level 25 right now and my ques have been:
    RFC, RFC, WC, SFK, WC, BFD, RFC, WC, RFC.
    If you're only 25 after almost a week of 7.3.5, there will be others that are even lower. So of course RFC will come up quite often.
    This will hopefully level out over time. If not, maybe suggest of the official forums that the Dungeon Finder should prefer to put together people of similar level (although it'll likely still have a ~10 level variance)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

There's no point in queuing random anymore, just queue for specific dungeons that you know have quests worth doing in them and are fast. The XP reward for random dungeons is neglibile, same as the items you get from the bag.

Deleted
    Both of the listed "problems" have the same solution:
    - quee for specific dungeons.

The whole point of random is to get you into a dungeon with a full group as fast as possible. -> the additional rewards are there to incentivize more people to quee for random, which in turn speeds up your quee.

Honestly? It's a pretty big shift in the leveling experience and everyone is making adjustments. Your preferred method of leveling has changed, which is unfortunate, but as a whole the experience has been made more complete for the population as a whole. Not everyone will be happy, which is true of any big change, but that's sadly just the way it is.

Heck, even before these changes, queueing random was often not worth your time, as you'd still get the same dungeon (out of a pool of 3-4 available) over and over. Queue specific for quests, do normal quests inbetween.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wider level range of dungeons = more dungeons & their quests to be relevant then before.

There's like 20+ specific dungeons from 60-80 alone, not counting heroics. So that's like 2-4 quests each too.

Ability to queue during quests, and not outlevel the zone afterwards = improvement (same goes for battleground).

It doesn't even need to be quests, could be pet battles/gathering/killing, whatever else is better then 0 xp from sitting in a city.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-22 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The bonus comes from time spent waiting as opposed to time spent in dungeon.
    Queuing for specific dungeons generally takes longer than queuing for Randos. Means you're running less dungeons per hour.
    That's a feature though, not a bug. Since questing gives more XP than dungeons without the dungeon quests does.

The fastest way to level now is to specific queue for each dungeon separately, complete all the dungeon quests 1 time, and do regular quests while in the queue.

Which is pretty much how I imagine the leveling experience was always intended to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Wider level range of dungeons = more dungeons & their quests to be relevant then before.

There's like 20+ specific dungeons from 60-80 alone, not counting heroics. So that's like 2-4 quests each too..
    Some of those dungeons are sooo not going to be worth your time though.

Pretty sure I shall be skipping Mana Tombs and Arcatraz in the leveling grind, for example. And Oculus, obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    It doesn't even need to be quests, could be pet battles/gathering/killing, whatever else is better then 0 xp from sitting in a city.
    Unfortunately gathering is still buggy due to scaling. You get good xp from gathering ore/herbs that are at your level range, but the experience is vastly reduced for items below your level range. You will get 700 xp for herbing a Briarthorn at level 20, but only 70 xp for herbing the same node at level 40. And since you are most likely going to be in zones with lower level herbs/ore much longer than previously, the experience from gathering quickly becomes negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The bonus comes from time spent waiting as opposed to time spent in dungeon.
    Queuing for specific dungeons generally takes longer than queuing for Randos. Means you're running less dungeons per hour.
    From my experience, queuing to specific dungeon is not taking longer than to random. It is probably because if matchmaking find match between players, it has sort it by specified dungeons or something like that.