Thread: Transmog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Some members might, most won't, IMO.

There will be BFA enticing them, dangling shinies in their faces ... and Vanilla won't have enough instant gratification. The guild(s) get split, or they go back to BFA ...

So yeah lv 30-40 is where these M guildies stop, some alot sooner. They realize soon enough that it's going to take another 100 hours+ to level, 100's to farm gold for pre-raid BiS, then 100's more to farm farm farm before they even get capable for something like Naxx.

The last 100 hours is spread over 6 months, btw. Raids as released: MC / BWL / ZG / AQ (and the hundreds of hours in-between to farm resources to make said raids happen)

Oh yeah then they need to grind Argent Dawn rep .. and buy a ticket for Naxx, which ... costs a lot! Cheers

Oh and if they buy gold to cheat, I hope they get banned. Being Blizzard, the punishment is generally harsh.

- - - Updated - - -

Study this real close.

Zzzzzz....

rofl. you will be in for a shocker.
    i dont even.... So you think a person who can reach level 60 and raid in vanilla is by far better then a mythic raider?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    Some members might, most won't, IMO.

There will be BFA enticing them, dangling shinies in their faces ... and Vanilla won't have enough instant gratification. The guild(s) get split, or they go back to BFA ...

So yeah lv 30-40 is where these M guildies stop, some alot sooner. They realize soon enough that it's going to take another 100 hours+ to level, 100's to farm gold for pre-raid BiS, then 100's more to farm farm farm before they even get capable for something like Naxx.

The last 100 hours is spread over 6 months, btw. Raids as released: MC / BWL / ZG / AQ (and the hundreds of hours in-between to farm resources to make said raids happen)

Oh yeah then they need to grind Argent Dawn rep .. and buy a ticket for Naxx, which ... costs a lot! Cheers

Oh and if they buy gold to cheat, I hope they get banned. Being Blizzard, the punishment is generally harsh.

- - - Updated - - -

Study this real close.

Zzzzzz....

rofl. you will be in for a shocker.
    8/9 let's say 10 ingame days you consider that much? lmao I farmed ap and m+ way more than that so your "grind" is meaningless. Hell I have games on steam with 500/600+ hours. The only shocker should be for you casual players that take to long to achieve something so easy to get. Also there are people that have played since vanilla and still play the game. For them (me included) vanilla will be just a walk in the park. We're not all omfg why didn't epix drop... I do hope method do a speed rush and clear all content team. To show you all that you can finish everything there is in your classic server in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    8/9 let's say 10 ingame days you consider that much? lmao I farmed ap and m+ way more than that so your "grind" is meaningless. Hell I have games on steam with 500/600+ hours. The only shocker should be for you casual players that take to long to achieve something so easy to get. Also there are people that have played since vanilla and still play the game. For them (me included) vanilla will be just a walk in the park. We're not all omfg why didn't epix drop... I do hope method do a speed rush and clear all content team. To show you all that you can finish everything there is in your classic server in a month.
    We'll see how you these M people last, before they start crying on the forums to nerf this, or that. Or before they continue demanding QoL changes to make "their" grind easier, etc... best of luck to you. Muhaha

10+ Year Old Account
    I 100% support to have Transmog (and Barber Shop) in the new Classic.

(i honestly wont play Classic if they dont have those).

But i believe they should be separate.

And i'll never understand all the people caring about their e-peen.
    No one knows who you are irl. And even if they did, it is not a thing to brag about.

I've had Black tank, never used it. I was gifted the 20% mount, never use it, i like the gryphon.
    I've had Benediction, and obsolete transmogs, and my account was banned but i didnt really care.

Some people are just desperate for attention or to prove themselves better. What a pity.

You know them, its those people who will wear an ugly transmog only because it is a hard one to get, or because it is the flashiest for attention.
    Those people need to start a sport or the gym, and have some sex, and get a dog, and quit their abusive job. Seriously.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-01-22 at 02:39 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You are indeed correct in that top guilds will indeed clear vanilla raids VERY fast. On Nostalrius MC was cleared 2 weeks from server release (that includes lvling 1-60), BWL the first night of its release, AQ40 the first few days and Naxx after 1-2 weeks.

I think blizzard will use the same overall approach as Nostalrius. Artificially gated content released on a schedule with months of time between raid tiers.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    You are indeed correct in that top guilds will indeed clear vanilla raids VERY fast. On Nostalrius MC was cleared 2 weeks from server release (that includes lvling 1-60), BWL the first night of its release, AQ40 the first few days and Naxx after 1-2 weeks.

I think blizzard will use the same overall approach as Nostalrius. Artificially gated content released on a schedule with months of time between raid tiers.
    It all depends on how they plan to do this. I think the approach will be just launch this with naxx, add some minor bug fixing patches and let them do their thing. Doubt they will invest time and developers that could work on their other games that actually make money with things like patch releases for Classic.

This has been explained numerous times....

People clear it so fast on pirate servers because 1.12 =/= Vanilla.

Having all buffs in later patches available when doing MC, BWL or AQ makes content very nerfed.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge or skill, just how easy it is when tuning is off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

Having all buffs in later patches available when doing MC, BWL or AQ makes content very nerfed.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge or skill, just how easy it is when tuning is off.
    And would they do otherwise? Do you think they make this so that people can progress MC for 6 months?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

Yes that is indeed true, but mostly for MC+BWL. By the time of 1.9 and AQ most major talent overhauls had already been done (as far as I recall). I started playing after AQ release myself.

It all depends on how they plan to do this. I think the approach will be just launch this with naxx, add some minor bug fixing patches and let them do their thing. Doubt they will invest time and developers that could work on their other games that actually make money with things like patch releases for Classic.
    They could (and I quite frankly thing they will) release it with 1.12.1 talents and 1.12.1 itemization and just gate the content. That way they dont have to spend any development time for "patches" like Nostalrius did, they can just open the next raid tier when they see fit in a progressive manner. This is ofcourse my personal speculation.
    Last edited by Storfan; 2018-01-22 at 04:05 PM.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

As long as it doesn't effect classic game play and community I'm all for it. Maybe an additional tab in your appearances window on current wow labeled classic for all the stuff you collect in classic. Or a Classic tab on your achievements list.

Keep Classic Classic, Let Current be Current

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes that is indeed true, but mostly for MC+BWL. By the time of 1.9 and AQ most major talent overhauls had already been done (as far as I recall). I started playing after AQ release myself.

They could (and I quite frankly thing they will) release it with 1.12.1 talents and 1.12.1 itemization and just gate the content. That way they dont have to spend any development time for "patches" like Nostalrius did, they can just open the next raid tier when they see fit in a progressive manner. This is ofcourse my personal speculation.
    But won't the puritans cry that they stay subbed for so much time even though they cleared everything in the first two months?

I don't think very many retail folk will get past level 30. M retail guilds might get to 40.

There is no instant gratification in Vanilla. Some will be gung-ho ... many more will not understand why they aren't level 60 yet after weeks of playing "hardcore" (retail casual speak).

Honestly, you'd be better off buying T3 in the BMAH. I imagine popularity will increase there (and prices), as people realize they don't have enough time for Vanilla.
    Retailers, after years and years of Blizzard spoiling them, holding their hands and supplying them with big silver spoons, are simply unable to take the abuse that's gonna be Vanilla.

I mean, Blizzard even nerfed weather phenomena in-game because Retailers whined the weather was being too harsh on their toons' skin.

As a retailer, are you sure you are going to be able to take this abuse?

Of course you won't. Retailers are used to rolling their face on the keyboard and defeat all content while being completely immune to any kind of PvP threat. In a Vanilla PvP server, even being allowed to level up is a privilege, not a right.

Retailers who, at this point are pretty much Barbie Girls in a Barbie World, simply won't put up with this kind of abuse, they will give up and go back to their faceroll content, their OP toons, their Kung-Fu pandas, their Pokemon and their Achievements.

Sure, two or three die-hards might hung around a bit but after being killed for the 70th time by that level 60 Shadow Priest, they will simply stop seeing the point of all this and they will go back to playing Retail. Most won't even make it to STVietnam, they will quit when they hit Wetlands or Duskwood b/c of the ganking.

- - - Updated - - -

1. MC was cleared because you cheat. First, you stack buffs (Onyxia's+Songflower Serenade) and secondly you go into UBRS and get the +70 Fire Resistance buff from the mind-controlled mob in order to beat Ragnaros, which is an abuse of game mechanics.

If Blizzard fix these exploits, nobody is going to be able to clear MC within a week.

2. Same for BWL. It got cleared because you stack Dire Maul North buffs, Songflower Serenade (bug abuse) and Onyxia's. This is again an abuse of game mechanics.

3. In a Blizzard server, clearing Naxx 40 is going to take months b/c you won't be able to cheat.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2018-01-22 at 04:32 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    1. MC is cleared because you cheat. First, you stack buffs (Onyxia's+Songflower Serenade) and secondly you go into UBRS and get the +70 Fire Resistance buff from the mind-controlled mob in order to beat Ragnaros, which is an abuse of game mechanics.

If Blizzard fix these exploits, nobody is going to be able to clear MC within a week.

2. Same for BWL. It got cleared because you stack Dire maul North buffs, Songflower Serenade (bug abuse) and Onyxia's. This is again an abuse of game mechanics.

3. In a Blizzard server, clearing naxx 40 is going to take months b/c you won't be able to cheat.
    "OMG, using game mechanics that are valid, available, and were used at the time during Vanilla is cheating! It's only actually doing it right if you make it as hard as possible and grind your face into the ground for MONTHS to make progress!"

Classic better not have any fucking relation to Live, be it transmogs, achievements, mounts, pets or any other silly fucking thing.

Only thing in common should be the launcher.

Also, is the above poster high or something? Getting world buffs is cheating now? Using Fire resistance gear on Ragnaros is cheating? What the fuck is going on... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    "OMG, using game mechanics that are valid, available, and were used at the time during Vanilla is cheating! It's only actually doing it right if you make it as hard as possible and grind your face into the ground for MONTHS to make progress!"
    Judging from your avatar you were eight years old or so during Vanilla, but I remember guilds getting banned for abusing Songflower Serenade.

gg.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Judging from your avatar you were eight years old or so during Vanilla, but I remember guilds getting banned for abusing Songflower Serenade.

gg.
    Nice b8 m8, I r8 8/8. I was actually twice that age back then, and will be turning thirty this year. Your non-argument of 'well I remember some people got banned' without actual proof and 'lol u must've been a child' really goes to show how much weight you have behind your reasoning. /s

If it's in the game, is available for players to use to get an advantage, and isn't an unintended glitch or bug, it's perfectly valid to use to clear content. You need to realize that Vanilla will be turning fourteen this year. People have grinded this game into the dust and discovered every secret, optimization, and trick in the book via the original game and countless private servers. It will never be as hard as you remember without outright changing it. If you want the game to be as it was, you have to accept that it's just going to be easier now because players are better and know a hell of a lot more than they did then.

Also, your screenshots up above had no context. What were you even trying to describe? "They won't put up with challenges like this! -posts screenshots of Menethil with no enemy mobs or players-" Like seriously, what? I'm guessing you're talking about that quest where the mobs popped up outside and inside the inn at a really high level, but that usually just took some grinding and/or help from higher level players to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Nice b8 m8, I r8 8/8. I was actually twice that age back then, and will be turning thirty this year. Your non-argument of 'well I remember some people got banned' without actual proof and 'lol u must've been a child' really goes to show how much weight you have behind your reasoning. /s

If it's in the game, is available for players to use to get an advantage, and isn't an unintended glitch or bug, it's perfectly valid to use to clear content. You need to realize that Vanilla will be turning fourteen this year. People have grinded this game into the dust and discovered every secret, optimization, and trick in the book via the original game and countless private servers. It will never be as hard as you remember without outright changing it. If you want the game to be as it was, you have to accept that it's just going to be easier now because players are better and know a hell of a lot more than they did then.

Also, your screenshots up above had no context. What were you even trying to describe? "They won't put up with challenges like this! -posts screenshots of Menethil with no enemy mobs or players-" Like seriously, what? I'm guessing you're talking about that quest where the mobs popped up outside and inside the inn at a really high level, but that usually just took some grinding and/or help from higher level players to manage.
    Here's a detailed description of the Songflower Serenade exploit dating back to 2006:

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...-everyone.html

Private Server guilds have been to known to exploit this bug exactly in the same manner it was exploited back in 2005/2006.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Here's a detailed description of the Songflower Serenade exploit dating back to 2006:

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...-everyone.html

Private Server guilds have been to known to exploit this bug exactly in the same manner it was exploited back in 2005/2006.
    So a couple people on a forum called it an exploit, that's something. Now where's Blizzard's statement about it?

Also, that's only one of the three things you said were 'cheating'.

To be fair, I don't care either way. Obviously no transmog should be in Classic, but I don't care at all about Classic rewards somehow transferring to Live. I would assume there will be BNet connectivity in Classic. Presumably they will, or could, put Classic behind a subscription fee, and if linked to BNet you presumably can buy a token on Live to pay for a sub that will cover both games. If all that is in place, they obviously can have a system that would transfer appearances from Classic to Live. I'm not sure they should or will, but I don't really care. So long as Classic remains isolated from any of that nonsense and it remains a Classic experience, anything that happens in Live, linked or otherwise, shouldn't matter to the Classic community. If we don't see it, does it even exist?

Playing dress up is for legion.

1) I don't want Legion tourists running around classic only to get outfits for their main in legion.

2) If it is in classic - Seeing what a character is wearing affects how I approach them in a fight, or grouping in a dungeon. This affects gameplay. thus, NO

3) The classic community doesn't want to play retail wow. Stop asking for legion gameplay elements.

People want classic because they don't want to play retail..

Making these games similar in anyway DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF CLASSIC.

We want classic because we don't like gameplay elements of retail.. <--- *READ THIS*