Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Only thing similar to this that I remember is that the SI:7 agent you turn in the quests at says he's way to busy to go tell the king, or something like that. They way he says it kinda sounds like he's actually under orders not to tell him.
    Last edited by Zergy; 2018-01-23 at 05:35 AM.
    Khadgar: "Well Zergy, are you armed?"

*Does a facepalm using [Blackhand's Severed Arm]*

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No idea what they say or don't say from that aspect - has anyone here done the quests Alliance-side that can report Speed's closing text on the final Silithus quest? It seems to be oddly missing from WoWPedia in its entirety, unlike its Horde counterpart.
    On the PTR it was: "The blood of Azeroth? I'll make sure this news reaches Stormwind, but I must continue the operation until I am ordered otherwise." in the quest window, then: "I think we've got the situation in Silithus under control. SI:7 can take the operation from here. Thanks again, <name>."

I did the Silithus quests. I don't remember anything like this.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

So basically, it's a "I will put the gun down, if you put yours down first" on Azerite mining. Both sides don't trust the other party to actually, fearing that they will be behind on the Azerite race even if they stop mining for a single day.

Heck, I can see Anduin, being the nice guy as per usual, orders Alliance to stop mining first as a gesture of good will, only for Genn and Shaw to dismiss his order for being "Young and Naive".

10+ Year Old Account
    So Shaw, Genn, Gallywix and Sylvanas are the villains of this expansion, while anduin remains blameless
    #boycottchina

Is this like the Warcraft version of fake news now?

Nothing like this happens - at no point during the questline is there any mention even an implication of hiding anything from Anduin. Furthermore you do not interact with Genn, nor Shawn after initially starting the chain in Stormwind.

How could there even be a debate over something that DID NOT HAPPEN? Fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    Azerite can get you pregnant?

Did the quest, didn't see anything like it... Can Mod change the name of the thread because it's fake?

Deleted
    I haven't done the Alliance version of the quests yet so I don't know if Nolan makes a similar comment, but it's possible he does and that's what's being referred to.
    Alliance says he will relay this information to Anduin, but until he gets new orders he proceeds as previously instructed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I do recall something of the sort. I definitely remember someone saying that Anduin can't know what it is - Although I played through as Horde, so I have no clue who other than Magni would have said it.
    I remember it as well, but it was probably from the many threads created here trying to make it canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    So basically, it's a "I will put the gun down, if you put yours down first" on Azerite mining. Both sides don't trust the other party to actually, fearing that they will be behind on the Azerite race even if they stop mining for a single day.

Heck, I can see Anduin, being the nice guy as per usual, orders Alliance to stop mining first as a gesture of good will, only for Genn and Shaw to dismiss his order for being "Young and Naive".
    Except Horde says "fuck the shiny dwarf, we will keep doing us, and you do you on that other continent over there, kay?"

Anduin will soon find out how powerful Azerite is when the Horde in all likelyhood uses it to torch Teldrassil to the ground!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Anduin will soon find out how powerful Azerite is when the Horde in all likelyhood uses it to torch Teldrassil to the ground!
    But haven't you heard? Just because they did it the past 10 times, doesn't mean they will do it now.

What the ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I do recall something of the sort. I definitely remember someone saying that Anduin can't know what it is - Although I played through as Horde, so I have no clue who other than Magni would have said it.
    Would make sense for some Horde character to say it. Of course they wouldn't want Anduin to know.
    Not that it would matter in any way, since they don't get any say in this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    It's cool to throw swear words around unnecessarily.

When you're 13.
    Alright Captain FUCKING America. We don't mean to fucking hurt your fucking feelings...FUCK

He'd have to order them to start mining first. Right now they're just running an intelligence operation and sabotaging the Horde efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    Alright Captain FUCKING America. We don't mean to fucking hurt your fucking feelings...FUCK
    Language!!!

Madness will consume you!!!

7+ Year Old Account

yes pretty much, but the horde was the one to draw the gun in secret, and it took the alliance noticing to raise theres, and now neither can drop it. cause yeah its a "You put yours down"

however right now the alliance isnt collecting it, they are trying to knock the gun from the hordes hand, but come BFA they will start mining it, then it will be a "You put your gun down, no you put yours down"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He'd have to order them to start mining first. Right now they're just running an intelligence operation and sabotaging the Horde efforts.
    well the alliance will be mining it soon, but yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes pretty much, but the horde was the one to draw the gun in secret, and it took the alliance noticing to raise theres, and now neither can drop it. cause yeah its a "You put yours down"

however right now the alliance isnt collecting it, they are trying to knock the gun from the hordes hand, but come BFA they will start mining it, then it will be a "You put your gun down, no you put yours down"
    I don't know if I would equate Azerite to "a gun" just yet - it's a completely new factor and what it does or can do is entirely an unknown. The Horde seems to have gotten the drop on the Alliance by discovering and beginning to mine it first, but the Alliance isn't too far behind. Personally, I was taken aback at just how quickly the faction conflict seems to be reasserting itself now that the Legion has been defeated on Argus - Khadgar informs the Champion on the Horde side that his welcome among the Horde seems to be growing thin. Grol Warblade is openly contemptuous of the Archmage, referring to him as just "a Human" and telling the Champion that he has no desire to have Humans prying into Horde affairs.

Given Khadgar's very prominent role in the Legion conflict as well as his rather open acceptance of the Horde, I would've expected a bit more deference for him. Much of the new Silithus content seems to be very unsettling, although that is in keeping with the general theme of the zone and current events.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I would equate Azerite to "a gun" just yet - it's a completely new factor and what it does or can do is entirely an unknown. The Horde seems to have gotten the drop on the Alliance by discovering and beginning to mine it first, but the Alliance isn't too far behind. Personally, I was taken aback at just how quickly the faction conflict seems to be reasserting itself now that the Legion has been defeated on Argus - Khadgar informs the Champion on the Horde side that his welcome among the Horde seems to be growing thin. Grol Warblade is openly contemptuous of the Archmage, referring to him as just "a Human" and telling the Champion that he has no desire to have Humans prying into Horde affairs.

Given Khadgar's very prominent role in the Legion conflict as well as his rather open acceptance of the Horde, I would've expected a bit more deference for him. Much of the new Silithus content seems to be very unsettling, although that is in keeping with the general theme of the zone and current events.
    its more of a metaphore
    that two people have guns pointed at eachother, and are asking the other to stop, but dont want to lower theirs first, not trusting the other to also stop.

and yeah the horde does not care, they want to conquer it is natural to them.
    And i think at this point even in the alliance didnt want to mine azerite they have to now, because the horde is on mass, and you cant just sit back as your enemies build atomic weapons and say "we refuse to" because that will lead to only one of you being radioactive ash
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I didn't see any of this, but I could see this easily being used as a thread to continue Anduin's "am I a fit ruler" angle. Eventually, Anduin would find out that some of his closer advisors are undermining him, which could lead to him to continue questioning himself and how he goes about things and continue on his journey to do better. Should he punish Shaw? Can he trust Genn? How can he earn the trust of his advisors?