Poll: Should Blizzard remove boost from their game?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Blizzard should remove boosts from the game

If they really are going to be honest about "We want your character lvl experience to be slowed down as much as possible" then it is controversial to have boost mode available, right now this move is shameful and is a major cash slap grab to the players.

Yes... Blizzard are hypocrites, nothing new.

They "win" either way, inflated logged times of players... or encourages people to spend €60 on a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    If they really are going to be honest about "We want your character lvl experience to be slowed down as much as possible" then it is controversial to have boost mode available, right now this move is shameful and is a major cash slap grab to the players.
    Feel free to let your voice be heard as you complain on fansites while still handing them $15 every month.

Also having leveled a character already with the changes this is just more empty bitching from crybabies who can't 1 shot mobs anymore.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-01-23 at 04:28 AM.

If they drastically changed the leveling speed to be vanilla levels then you might have something, but considering the leveling time hasn't changed that much despite the recent changes you really don't.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Do you not realize the whole reason they are doing all this to XP is to drive the sales of boosts up? Why would they remove them? This is Activision finally showing that its claws are dug deep into the blizz side of things. Its all about the $$$ and micro transactions. As of tomorrow Call of Duty WW2 AND Overwatch are introducing BRAND NEW LOOT CRATES. Its hilarious they decided to do them both on the exact same day. They do not care about the player anymore, just about the wallets. id be willing to bet that if half of the wow pop left that the boost/wow token micro transactions would more than make up for that loss.

No. I like getting a free boost with the expansions. I really don't care that they've made leveling harder as a way to sell more boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Feel free to let your voice be heard as you complain on fansites while still handing them $15 every month.
    Some of us do NOT have an active subscription therefore can not post on the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Some of us do NOT have an active subscription therefore can not post on the official forums.
    Then for what reason would Blizzard even begin to care if you're not even technically a customer?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Yes... Blizzard are hypocrites, nothing new.

They "win" either way, inflated logged times of players... or encourages people to spend €60 on a boost.
    There's a cheaper workaround instead of paying that much for a boost. Make a new wow account, link it to yours then buy Legion. The only downside is there's a limit of having like 8 linked accounts. I already had 2 deactivated accounts on my account so the 2 boosts I got myself were only $25usd/ea. The game is free up until lvl20 so I'm not entirely sure what the price would be for those that have to create a new account. It would still definitely be a reduced price other than $60usd.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Always love forum logic. "LEVELING IS TOO EASY MAKE LEVELING HARDER". "OH THEY'VE MADE LEVELING HARDER IT MUST BE TO SELL MORE BOOSTS DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR."
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Always love forum logic. "LEVELING IS TOO EASY MAKE LEVELING HARDER". "OH THEY'VE MADE LEVELING HARDER IT MUST BE TO SELL MORE BOOSTS DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR."
    The best part is they think the point of a business is to be pro consumer in literally everything they do which is sheer ignorance to the point it's absolutely adorable.

Boost is great.
    Free boost is even greater.

Let's assume I already experienced all that Blizzard had to offer, but now I want to play with different char/class/faction... Why would I want to grind through all older expansions if the only one I want to play is the latest one?

5+ Year Old Account
    WI think that retiring the boosts would have been a smart move from Blizzard. The levelling experience is much, much better (imo) in 7.3.5, and taking away the boosts would have convinced everyone about the company's good faith. But oh well... good ol' greedy Blizz, can't stop selling dem boostz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you not realize the whole reason they are doing all this to XP is to drive the sales of boosts up? Why would they remove them? This is Activision finally showing that its claws are dug deep into the blizz side of things. Its all about the $$$ and micro transactions. As of tomorrow Call of Duty WW2 AND Overwatch are introducing BRAND NEW LOOT CRATES. Its hilarious they decided to do them both on the exact same day. They do not care about the player anymore, just about the wallets. id be willing to bet that if half of the wow pop left that the boost/wow token micro transactions would more than make up for that loss.
    They why in the hell would you be on a fansite of a game you're not playing while bitching about a service you obviously aren't going to use?

Why would they remove boosts?

They've quite obviously designed an entire expansion feature set to push boost sales.

I support the changes to leveling, but do not agree that boosts should be removed. My perfect WoW would have dynamic leveling and at least enough challenge while leveling to encourage players to learn their specs as they level, while allowing veteran players who don't like leveling to skip the whole process.
    • If you enjoy leveling, it should be a fun and viable game in itself.
    • If you see leveling as a necessary evil, you should be able to skip it entirely.
    It looks like this is the outcome Blizz is aiming for, and I am willing to be patient while they work out the bugs. Despite the gripes and unintended short term consequences, in the end I feel the game will be healthier for these changes.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

My gripe is more (from what I remember reading at the time) that you can’t boost a new allied race and be able to collect their heirloom armor, so I’m pretty much gonna be forced to level in their horrid new scaling zones >.>

...unless that’s changed, in which case I’ll drop $25 on a discounted legion expac for the boost lol.

I think the price tag of boosts should be lowered. There's no reason to pay essentially the full price of a good game or one.

The changes they are doing to the game right now with leveling and RAF are made so they can sell more of them, most likely.
    Why would they ever remove them? It's what they make their money of these days.

Subs have been going down for a long time but people are more willing to pay for services.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    They why in the hell would you be on a fansite of a game you're not playing while bitching about a service you obviously aren't going to use?
    I would wager a good portion of this site have players currently inactive from wow. And since when was answering a question with the truth bitching? I stated facts as everyone sees them, that is far from bitching. Its shit like what they are doing WHY I am not subbed, same for many others. I have been part of this site for nearly 10 years, so why would I stop posting here just because I am currently unsubbed? The logic some of you have is mind boggling