Poll: Should Blizzard remove boost from their game?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Also we already explained that new leveling is anything but "selling boost scheme"

And still there are people so stupid to believe they will force everybody to buy a boost.

Really how can people be so stupid ? Jeez.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Of course not. It's optional, you're not forced to buy one. People who want it can buy it. Who cares?

- - - Updated - - -

Slippery slope. Don't bring logical fallacies into arguments.
    Business and life in general doesnt operate based on (just) logic. Way to look dumb.

Besides, many of these “fallacies” have turned out to be true in hindsight.. and Im sure these people who in 2008 predicted that boosts would be sold were told the same as you just told me.. dont you think?

you never know what might happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Also we already explained that new leveling is anything but "selling boost scheme"

And still there are people so stupid to believe they will force everybody to buy a boost.

Really how can people be so stupid ? Jeez.
    Deploying such changes just before huge crowds will create allied races at level 20 is just a coincidence? Dont think for a second blizz hasnt thought this through. Easy money from lots of people who have seen all the leveling content multiple times..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post

Deploying such changes just before huge crowds will create allied races at level 20 is just a coincidence? Dont think for a second blizz hasnt thought this through. Easy money from lots of people who have seen all the leveling content multiple times..
    Sure.

Heritage Armor is what basically is selling the allied reading on MMO.

But boost neglect them.

Also don't forget that forcing new players to learn their class while levelling is healthy for the game because if people rush 110 spamming 1 spell they became bad like you are at trolling.

Also preorder comes with a free boost.

But nice try potatio

Deleted
    Business and life in general doesnt operate based on (just) logic. Way to look dumb.
    You're beyond repair. A business operates on just that: logic. A bad business operates on emotion and is afraid of possible scenarios that haven't happened, don't look likely to happen, have no historical basis to assume that they'll happen and aren't rampant among competitors where it is actually happening.

A business works out possible scenarios based on data, quantitative and qualitative. Not based off of illogical fear, which is what your remark is all about.

No wonder Estonia is reveling in its poverty and paltry GDP if you're an ambassador for their quality of thinking.

Deleted
    You're beyond repair. A business operates on just that: logic. A bad business operates on emotion and is afraid of possible scenarios that haven't happened, don't look likely to happen, have no historical basis to assume that they'll happen and aren't rampant among competitors where it is actually happening.

A business works out possible scenarios based on data, quantitative and qualitative. Not based off of illogical fear, which is what your remark is all about.

No wonder Estonia is reveling in its poverty and paltry GDP if you're an ambassador for their quality of thinking.
    It's Potentio.

Certified shit poster, don't waste too much energy on him.

Also are you the legendary Father Myz of TrueshotLodge?

Deleted

There is a difference between making profits while providing something of value to a customer and thus making them happy and wanting to buy your stuff, and making money by trying to extort money from customers by exploiting their inconvenience (especially when you artificially make sure the inconvenience is indeed present, because you designed the game that way).

The leveling changes were instant unsub for me and I won't be coming back, no matter how good BFA may be. Because I cannot abide by these business practices.

Deleted

Yeah, sorry, Im an artsy-fartsy. You realia crowd are smarter than anyone. What about the rest of my post though? Comment on it please. A bit too rash to call it a fallacy in my eyes, given Blizzards policy over the years. The slippery slope fallacies have almost all turned out to be true, retrospectively.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2018-01-23 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    There is a difference between making profits while providing something of value to a customer and thus making them happy and wanting to buy your stuff, and making money by trying to extort money from customers by exploiting their inconvenience (especially when you artificially make sure the inconvenience is indeed present, because you designed the game that way).

The leveling changes were instant unsub for me and I won't be coming back, no matter how good BFA may be. Because I cannot abide by these business practices.
    Well thank you for your anecdotal experience.

But from what we can see on forum or in-game the majority of players welcome those new changes, hence Blizzard provided something valuable.

how about no

i leveled my priest from 25 pre 7.3.5 to 110 after the patch in about 14 hours played and that just because i half assed it

have to say being careful because i cant dot 20 mobs and kite anymore was kinda painful at first but its not unbearable i honestly think the people complaining havent really tried it

i hate some of outland so i did all but blades edge then went to northrend and skipped cata except for the area with ring of blood

MoP is always fun except for dread waste
    WoD was just treasures and bonus objectives which are awesome because they dont lose exp
    Legion was easy as hell though i didnt get to do stormheim because ITS STILL BUGGED!!!

also the first time i did the questline where you played as arthas for the first time

and guess what?? im using the free BfA boost on a shaman

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them to stay in for new players buying expansions or something so they can get into 110 really quickly and join friends but if they have any other characters they should be sort of nudged towards experiencing the rest of it. (just my opinion don't cut me)
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Deleted
    Well thank you for your anecdotal experience.

But from what we can see on forum or in-game the majority of players welcome those new changes, hence Blizzard provided something valuable.
    That's clearly not what I'm seeing right now.

Sure.

Heritage Armor is what basically is selling the allied reading on MMO.

But boost neglect them.

Also don't forget that forcing new players to learn their class while levelling is healthy for the game because if people rush 110 spamming 1 spell they became bad like you are at trolling.

Also preorder comes with a free boost.

But nice try potatio
    ^^ this. Was just in a lfr where 3 druids a dk and a lock seemingly forgot how to battle res

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    If they want to prove the changes to leveling weren’t purely motivated by greed then they should.

But I know they won’t. The leveling changes were entirely to make their ‘time spent ingame’ metric look attractive to their investors and to rake in the dosh from boosts.

New players won’t give a fuck about their outdated ‘kill 10 boars, collect 5 bear asses’ quests. Especially now they’ve made the grind longer.

Deleted
    Yeah, sorry, Im an artsy-fartsy. You realia crowd are smarter than anyone. What about the rest of my post though? Comment on it please. A bit too rash to call it a fallacy in my eyes, given Blizzards policy over the years. The slippery slope fallacies have almost all turned out to be true, retrospectively.
    The rest of your post like any other of yours post are pretty trashy.

I mean, wow you predicted levelling boost? In a mmo RPG? Wow that never happened.

Deleted
    The rest of your post like any other of yours post are pretty trashy.

I mean, wow you predicted levelling boost? In a mmo RPG? Wow that never happened.
    I was called out for predicting that back in the day though. Allegedly I was embarking on a slippery slope. Funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    That's clearly not what I'm seeing right now.
    Well better stop looking for negative review; like the fake one that was posted on reddit day 1 of 7.3.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If they want to prove the changes to leveling weren’t purely motivated by greed then they should.

But I know they won’t. The leveling changes were entirely to make their ‘time spent ingame’ metric look attractive to their investors and to rake in the dosh from boosts.

New players won’t give a fuck about their outdated ‘kill 10 boars, collect 5 bear asses’ quests. Especially now they’ve made the grind longer.
    [Citation Needed] so i have to label this as bullshit.

First of all, Blizzard get more revenue with people staying subbed not with boost, just because they use the metric of "people staying logged" instead of "how many sub or boost sold"

Second talking about "greed" in a company context is incredibly dumb because at this point even any other service can be labelled as "greed"

DERP WHY I CANT FREE TRANSFER OR CHANGE RACE? BLIZZURD IS GREED DERP

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    ^^ this. Was just in a lfr where 3 druids a dk and a lock seemingly forgot how to battle res

Thank you for proving me that not everybody are dumb here.
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2018-01-23 at 01:05 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im fine with the boosts. $60 is a sum that doesnt concern me in the slightest. People pay that much for a AAA game they get 16 hours of gameplay from and somehow its fine. Blizzard does it for a char that could yield hundreds of hours of play time and all the sudden its too greedy.

What does piss me off about the boosts is that they arent max level boosts. $60 only to have to level through the current shitty expac for the 13th time is not acceptable. For that fee, a boost should be to what ever the current level cap is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Then for what reason would Blizzard even begin to care if you're not even technically a customer?
    They think they are part of the "community" and come here to complain about a game/expansion they haven't played. Its a remarkably large number of MMOchamp posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I would wager a good portion of this site have players currently inactive from wow. And since when was answering a question with the truth bitching? I stated facts as everyone sees them, that is far from bitching. Its shit like what they are doing WHY I am not subbed, same for many others. I have been part of this site for nearly 10 years, so why would I stop posting here just because I am currently unsubbed? The logic some of you have is mind boggling
    And I ask again

Why do you think that Blizzard could possibly care about your opinion if you're not even playing their game?

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    spotted the dude who has no friends and is against raf

yes, you need friends to play with youre friends.

youre post is just bitchin.

tbh i dont care.
    i have always 200€ at my balance and years of gametime on my 5 accounts.

and still 60 days of raf to lvl with my friend and benefit with 350% xp.
    Yeah I'm so against Recruit A Friend I have 8 accounts and all the mount achievements because of it. You figured me out. You're a regular Sherlock Holmes.

Also it's your not you're. Try to cash out some of that Bnet balance for some Elementary school English classes bud.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-01-23 at 02:42 PM.

I concur with most of the comment, but can we cut the country bashing? Estonia is doing better than most of Eastern Europe and that's quite a thing, considering they have been part of the Soviet Union.