Thread: Transmog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say I think it's hilarious that people seem to be under the delusion that leveling in Vanilla was "hard." - It wasn't. It was tedious. There is a difference. Spending 15 real life minutes running to the next quest hub is pretty boring. Don't think any sort of skill was required.

I'm all for a remastered Vanilla, but I think firstly they should just ship pure Vanilla, theres no point to put resources into an already completed product when they could just focus on making the live game.

Also alot of the content is going to get absolutely fuckin' obliterated when Classic comes out, even naxx 40. Vanilla certainly isn't for the faint of heart, but ALL the information for classic is out there already, raid strategies, leveling guides etc. also, more refined addons will probably be created and on top of that gamers are just better these days.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellzy View Post

People want classic because they don't want to play retail..

Making these games similar in anyway DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF CLASSIC.

We want classic because we don't like gameplay elements of retail..
    <--- *READ THIS*
    Errt errrt errrt errrt. Wrong alert, wrong alert!

Some of us are interested in playing both retail and vanilla. I myself will be playing BfA for the continued lore, the friends I've made, the investment of time I've put into the game, and to see what developments happen. I will also be playing Classic because of how slow-paced and relaxing it is to pull one or two mobs tops, the extended travel times, the additional preparation and grind needed for so many things.

So, you're wrong by claiming everyone who wants Classic (and I will be completely happy with it, whether it's 100% accurate or is "remastered) doesn't want the current game as well.

Of course, chances are you'll just blow this off by claiming I'm not part of the 'classic community'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    So i know xmog was not a thing until recently...I remember my clown outfit of best stats. My question is about xmog and currently unattainable items. If you classic is tied or on our main accounts, do you think items like the chromatic sword, Benediction, Rok'delar, ect... will appear in our xmogs on our main servers? I wonder if the tech is in place to do this or does i require the ability to transmogrify in order to be able to put it in your account's wardrobe. I does not seem to bad of an idea, because it would be a reward for actually earning some of these items.
    I have my doubts it'll be connected with live. Items in the museum should stay there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    How do you get to a conclusion that company that MADE the game is going to use the overall approach of some random noobs who "used" the property and created their own version of what the game should be?

If you ever want to know how would the end of Blizzard look like, it will be when they do something like that.

On the topic: Don't care for transmogs in Classics. Just allow me to farm them in retail, that's all.
    1. The Nostalrius team was not just "some random noobs" but highly skilled professional programmers and developers.
    2. Blizzard and many other companies hire these kinds of "random noobs" as you call them all the time.
    3. The Nostalrius team actually visited Blizzard at their main office and demoed their server core for blizzard, they ran Scholomance and handed over their source code.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

I wouldn't mind either way honestly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    1. The Nostalrius team was not just "some random noobs" but highly skilled professional programmers and developers.
    2. Blizzard and many other companies hire these kinds of "random noobs" as you call them all the time.
    3. The Nostalrius team actually visited Blizzard at their main office and demoed their server core for blizzard, they ran Scholomance and handed over their source code.
    Thanks for the compliment, but most of the contributors were just people who taught programming themselves (while we could achieve a lot, we did constantly suffer from many issues and bad coding was the main reason that most of the core was kinda a mess, but it still worked nonetheless). I was one of the few people who was an actual dev irl.

... and no Blizzard does not hire "random noobs", that's just a "cool story", but realistically no company will ever hire someone who hasn't a work permit for the US. Not only that, but big companies don't even do the hiring themselves, but other companies do it for them.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-01-23 at 12:10 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I wouldn't mind either way honestly

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the compliment, but most of the contributors were just people who taught programming themselves (while we could achieve a lot, we did constantly suffer from many issues and bad coding was the main reason that most of the core was kinda a mess, but it still worked nonetheless). I was one of the few people who was an actual dev irl.

... and no Blizzard does not hire "random noobs", that's just a "cool story", but realistically no company will ever hire someone who hasn't a work permit for the US. Not only that, but big companies don't even do the hiring themselves, but other companies do it for them.
    Stahp hitting yourself!

Also, alot less messier than other projects even though they all built on the ManGos core. Feenix was a mess (although I still had very much fun there too). Nostalrius was heaven in comparison.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Errt errrt errrt errrt. Wrong alert, wrong alert!

Some of us are interested in playing both retail and vanilla. I myself will be playing BfA for the continued lore, the friends I've made, the investment of time I've put into the game, and to see what developments happen. I will also be playing Classic because of how slow-paced and relaxing it is to pull one or two mobs tops, the extended travel times, the additional preparation and grind needed for so many things.

So, you're wrong by claiming everyone who wants Classic (and I will be completely happy with it, whether it's 100% accurate or is "remastered) doesn't want the current game as well.

Of course, chances are you'll just blow this off by claiming I'm not part of the 'classic community'.

So when other groups of people fight for something that you had nothing to do with, or didn't care either way in the first place, you jump in after the victory and try to make changes?

You would make a good politician.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    1. They are not developers ahahah god....okay, sure go on have fun.
    2. Depenends for what. Random noob can be an artist but then again, artist needs deep level of understanding what Blizzard is doing hence - not just anyone gets hired.
    3. The Nostalrius team was sued by Blizzard. Fatality bro.
    I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here but you obviously are not very informed on the matter.

1. Yes they are? They wrote code - Ergo, developers.
    2. What do you mean? Are you desputing the fact that many game developers started their carreers writing addons, modifications and other basement-tinkered stuff based on previous AAA-games?
    3. No, they were not sued. There were sent a C&C-letter which they complied to in a show of good will, this was met with an invitation from blizzard to their HQ to demo their game core. It's worth noting that C&C-letters are sent to private server hosts all the time and noone ever complies because they wont hold water.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellzy View Post
    So when other groups of people fight for something that you had nothing to do with, or didn't care either way in the first place, you jump in after the victory and try to make changes?

You would make a good politician.
    I don't want changes, I said I'd be happy with Classic if it was exactly as Vanilla was, or if it had changes. I'm saying that I'm the sort of person who likes both retail and the original game, and will play both BfA and Classic, and therefore his argument of 'People who want Classic don't want Retail!' is, at least partially, wrong.

No transmog is the best reason to play vanilla. I couldn't care less if my gloves don't fit my shoulders...

There wont be transmog in classic servers.

no transmogs!
    only hide cape / helmet please!