Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The Dunning-Krueger effect will manifest regardless of metrics sites. I don't think warcraftlogs can be blamed for statistical ineptitude and innumerate individuals. They would do the same with DPS meters or some other feelycraft garbage like looking at the videos of world first kills for their claims anyways.
    Oh i agree its not wholly to blame and you're right players will just cherry pick where they want to. I just find it a little frustrating when people quote logs with snapshot information and opinions without really understanding why X spec is top on this fight over Y.

Frustrating because they are in the right place, its almost like they have got to where they need to be and then just taken the blue pill.....

Deleted
    If i look at warcraftlogs and only ranged specs i see

Overall
    1. Affliction miles ahead of everyone else
    2. Destruction
    3. Shadow
    4. Elemental
    5. Demo lock

If i look at boss damage

1. Affliction again miles ahead
    2. Demo
    3. Shadow
    4. Destro

So all lock specs are very strong dps, miles ahead of hunters and mages. But affliction being so overpowered makes destro and demo look weak (demo sucks gameplaywise but numbers are fine).

Having the feel of no choice is purely because of affli dominating everything once there is a 2nd target while still veing strong on pure single target.

Deleted
    FML......

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    If i look at warcraftlogs and only ranged specs i see

Overall
    1. Affliction miles ahead of everyone else
    2. Destruction
    3. Shadow
    4. Elemental
    5. Demo lock

If i look at boss damage

1. Affliction again miles ahead
    2. Demo
    3. Shadow
    4. Destro

So all lock specs are very strong dps, miles ahead of hunters and mages. But affliction being so overpowered makes destro and demo look weak (demo sucks gameplaywise but numbers are fine).

Having the feel of no choice is purely because of affli dominating everything once there is a 2nd target while still veing strong on pure single target.
    If you stop looking in the aggregate and go fight by fight, you'll see that affliction is again propped up by cleave fights for boss damage.

There's a reason Method in their world first clear had a single warlock, a single moonkin, a single shadow priest, but 3 mages, 2 hunters, 3 rogues, a ret, and a demonhunter.

Demonhunter according to logs is mediocre yet for every Method video Shalaria was doing extremely well.

So, yeah, considering people even have the choice in world first to bring only a single warlock and play a bunch of the "weak" specs and stack them on top of that, you do have a choice in what to play as a non-world first guild.

Arcane mages were even more obscene in WoD by the last tier and somehow the world didn't grind to a halt. You could still play what you wanted.