Page 1 of 35
... LastLast

[Megathread] God Of War (2018) Releases 4/20/2018

Can't wait.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be pretty high. It does not look like the old ones though which worries me.

Cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Will be pretty high. It does not look like the old ones though which worries me.
    it looks better than the old ones imo.

I've never played the original God of War trilogy, but I heard Kratos was very unlikable there. This trailer makes him much more likable.

The story and the gameplay look good, so I might end up picking this up when ever I pick up a PS4 for KH3.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The old formula reached it's peak in 3. Nobody even gave a shit about Ascension which is proof of that alone.

This game would have been a massive bomb without a major revamp, which can now revive the franchise.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to watching the cutscenes god of war has never been my cup of tea gameplay wise but I’ve always loved the story.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I've never played the original God of War trilogy, but I heard Kratos was very unlikable there. This trailer makes him much more likable.

The story and the gameplay look good, so I might end up picking this up when ever I pick up a PS4 for KH3.
    That was his arc, he started as a jerk and well, he remained a jerk - till now. So I guess the story is starting to perk up!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the PS4 been my first console ever I'v never played any GoW games before, but am looking forward to this. Also they should port the God of War Saga Collection to the PS4 as well would love to play em.

Wonder if this'll pop up on PC as well,. those graphics look ridiculously good.
    Wasn't there a new Final fantasy in the works as well?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Wonder if this'll pop up on PC as well,.
    Obviously not. Wondering this is as silly as wondering if Mario Odyssey is going to "pop up" on PC. It's not happening.

Wonder if this'll pop up on PC as well,. those graphics look ridiculously good.
    Wasn't there a new Final fantasy in the works as well?
    Sony First Party Game......

No need to wonder the answer is no unless it comes to PSNow in 5 years+
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Obviously not. Wondering this is as silly as wondering if Mario Odyssey is going to "pop up" on PC. It's not happening.
    There's plenty of games that were exclusively console oriented at first, coming to PC-land now.
    Final fantasy among them.

There's plenty of games that were exclusively console oriented at first, coming to PC-land now.
    The fact you don't understand the difference between an IP owned by a 3rd party in Square Enix and an IP owned and developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment is pretty amusing.

But yea bro, Sony totally owns Final Fantasy that's why it's on Xbox... Oh wait...

This game would have been a massive bomb without a major revamp, which can now revive the franchise.
    If the core of your franchise's gameplay won't survive a sequel, then your game was a high concept title that should've been a single-done-and-done deal.

It says alot that the publishers have decided to leave "4" out of the title, as if they are afraid of it being perceived as a sequel...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    If the core of your franchise's gameplay won't survive a sequel, then your game was a high concept title that should've been a single-done-and-done deal.

It says alot that the publishers have decided to leave "4" out of the title, as if they are afraid of it being perceived as a sequel...
    There wasn't just 4 GoW games. There is 7 including this one.

The original formula was used across 2 PS2 games, 2 PSP games and 2 PS3 games.

It's called moving on instead of doing the same thing over and over again forever.

There wasn't just 4 GoW games. There is 7 including this one.

The original formula was used across 2 PS2 games, 2 PSP games and 2 PS3 games.

It's called moving on instead of doing the same thing over and over again forever.
    Mind as well create a new IP all together, rather than making a completely new game with the GoW franchise thrown on it.

I just despise franchise zombying in general; the story was done. No need to make more unless the developers genuinely wanted to tell a story about their character's life after GoW with his children, but usually it's because the publishers have found an IP people already like and want the brand name to continue making money. I'd rather people make something because they wanted to do it.

My 20 cents.

Final Fantasy isn't a first party owned IP and never was......

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't a 4 in the title because its a whole new story. There is no reason to have a 4 in the title.

Mind as well create a new IP all together, rather than making a completely new game with the GoW franchise thrown on it.

I just despise franchise zombying in general; the story was done. No need to make more unless the developers genuinely wanted to tell a story about their character's life after GoW with his children, but usually it's because the publishers have found an IP people already like and want the brand name to continue making money. I'd rather people make something because they wanted to do it.

My 20 cents.
    Thanks for the hot take. I'm sorry a studio chose not to make the same generic anime story over and over again like the LOH series you gush over.

If you took even a few minutes to research before posting you would find out SSM actually was developing a new IP, which is why they have been absent for so long with no games on PS4 as of yet. That new IP got cancelled when they found out they actually didn't like it and wanted to evolve the GoW IP. Sony does not force any of their studios to only do sequels, hence why TLOU was made at the peak of Uncharted popularity, hence why Sucker Punch is being allowed to move on from a successful IP in Infamous to make a Samurai epic.

But sincerely, thanks for the hot take.

I just hope the kid dies early. I hate games where you have a weaker / more annoying character following you around.