Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The most memorable times for me in WoW was the long leveling process at the start. I have 12 max level characters and leveled most of them through RAF, it was not nearly as memorable.

People really think the underlying theme of this change isn't blizzard trying to get more boosts sold.. First they remove potions and now they nerf RaF to the ground

Give a bigger bonus on heirloom (XP 10 p piece to 30% ...and stats).
    Give the option to level faster. Simple.

Who wants to level fast, who uses heirloom.
    Who wants to level slowly, not to use.
    But do not harm everyone.
    Giving choices is always the best thing to do.
    Last edited by Kylecat15; 2018-01-23 at 07:44 PM.

Shouldn't it actually go faster now since you dont have to change hubs/zones every 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The illusion of choice is not choice.

There is no reason to give the option to level faster when the intention is to make the leveling experience more enjoyable. In a multiplayer game, everyone needs to be on the same setting or the only setting will be "The fastest possible." This is harmful to the game, no matter how many people 'like it that way.'
    "There is no reason to give the option to level faster when the intention is to make the leveling experience more enjoyable."

Really you dont see issue with this statement? More enjoyable experience varies from player to player.. sorry you are so insistent that you are correct no matter what

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    I still smell greed. all of these changes are anti-EXP. I have no problem with the new combat times but I have a friend who was the shining example of someone who would rather level than spend money even having a well paying job, After many hours of discussion in discord we all decided leveling in its current state is NOT worth the time invested not only that I would argue the new problem is this feeling of making no progress.

Not my discord but I've seen hardly no positive opinions about this patch.

weird those are on the same date only 3 hours apart
    and that in 2 hours its taken him 4 hours to get to 23... what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I'm not going to listen to shit any company backed by activision has to say. They love to milk money out of people and the shitty exp changes along with this, is a way to push people to buy boosts, that is my opinion on this matter and blizzard can come and say the exact opposite as much as they want, they can sugar coat it for all it matters but I'm not buying their shit.

They even removed elixir of rapid and ancient knowledge. So no.
    Again you comptly missed the point again. I’m wondering if you can even read at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
    Hierlooms and RaF no longer stack in experience gain. IE if you have hierlooms, you really don't gain any increased XP with RaF.
    So if you have hairlooms you don’t have to worry about gear and you don’t out level your friend. Pretty sure that’s the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    My question remains: who asked for this change to Recruit a Friend in the first place ?
    Blizzard did.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-01-23 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    That doesn't make any sense... You say that people want the fastest way possible, but a skip button doesn't count?

If skipping is an option... Why can't fast forward also be an option?
    He doesn't have valid logic on most of his posts so who knows, since he loves way it is, then it must be the best way for the game

7+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't make any sense... You say that people want the fastest way possible, but a skip button doesn't count?

If skipping is an option... Why can't fast forward also be an option?
    It is there called hairlooms.

So if leveling so too slow they rather fix that in game - Blizzard nerfs the leveling speed.
    The amount of stupid that comes out of the current dev team is beyond belief.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... the recruit a friend system messed up the pacing for new players and was fixed, and now the recruit themselves players are bitching... even though that was never the purpose of the system in the first place.

If any new game had level pacing like they just fixed, people would scratching their heads as they went through it. Just because WoW is old doesn't mean it shouldn't still have some semblance of actual design.

Deleted
    Frankly, I've been ignoring MMO-Champion for awhile, but I've had nothing but positive opinions about the patch, which is rare for me.
    Well, if you're looking for positivity and reasoning in mmo-champion, you're wrong, buddy.

I am a Blizzard fanboy but I think that heirlooms should be buffed to compensate for this change to RAF. As many people have said already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So if leveling so too slow they rather fix that in game - Blizzard nerfs the leveling speed.
    The amount of stupid that comes out of the current dev team is beyond belief.
    They don’t think leveling is to slow thus there not at the point where they have to fix it in game.

7+ Year Old Account
    But I did experience the content, from the time I was 14 until now I experienced it, why do I have to be slowed down while leveling an alt so I can play in the current expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, so if you don't want to change the way the content is played, put in that option for people... But people who want to fast forward clearly don't care about the content being changed, because they are the same type of people who would skip it, they just don't want to pay 60 dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's not, it's an MMO. If you want an RPG go buy The Witcher or Skyrim.
    You don’t need to pay any real money if you want a boost go buy tokens with gold.

Deleted
    RaF for leveling? That's silly. I did it only for rewards. Didn't even touch RaF'd accounts.

Buy account with gold, buy 2 months time with gold (one will be returned via RaF bonus), get a shiny mount for 500k gold.

As for leveling, developers as usual did half arsed job. HP got bigger, danger didn't. Mobs still hit like sissies, making entire thing pointless. Professions during leveling are as useless as before patch ever since profession skill became irrelevant. Leveling is boring and dull experience. Dear developers, please do something properly for once.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2018-01-23 at 08:23 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You don’t need to pay any real money if you want a boost go buy tokens with gold.
    Ironically, that would probably take less time than leveling through RAF too...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They don’t think leveling is to slow thus there not at the point where they have to fix it in game.
    Blizzard might not but a rather large part of their community clearly thinks so, evident by blue posters actually having to go out and defend their actions here.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't.
    Not to mention they're both aimed at different audiences. RAF was never intended for the people adversely affected by this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems entirely reasonable, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, saying social interaction isn't part of gameplay is like saying you don't have to be on voice chat to play Call of Duty. Which you don't.

Call of Duty is an MMOFPS. This suggest to you that you'll be playing in first person and using guns. There will be a massive number of people playing, and it's online.

WoW is an MMORPG. This suggests to you that you'll be playing the role of a character in a story. There will be a massive number of people playing, and it's online.

MMO does not explain the gameplay. All it says is there's a massive number of people playing, and it's online. At best you could argue there might be social interaction, but social interaction has nothing to do with gameplay.
    Did you just say Call of Duty is MMO? Like, unironically?