Thread: The Division

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not a bad deal. Not a big fan of the Survival mode personally, but it's pretty solid. And I love Underground, basically a semi-RNG dungeon with a randomized set of objective to complete. 1.8 made the automated group finder useful, so it's pretty easy to get groups to get through it and it's usually good fun. Do enjoy, IMO that alone is at least worth buying.
    underground is what has me interested in buying it to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    underground is what has me interested in buying it to begin with
    It's nothing super elaborate, but it's solid enough. And comes with its own set of collectibles for more backstory and stuff, which I love. They're pretty damn rare though.

Not sure when, but they added in "hunter" enemies that are more like players and they rock. Remotely smart AI vs the normal, frequently use things like healing abilities so you need to interrupt/stun/burst them down fast, can 1 shot you from melee. They're not terribly difficult, but it's a nice little challenge added into the mix to keep them a touch more interesting.

It's nothing super elaborate, but it's solid enough. And comes with its own set of collectibles for more backstory and stuff, which I love. They're pretty damn rare though.

Not sure when, but they added in "hunter" enemies that are more like players and they rock. Remotely smart AI vs the normal, frequently use things like healing abilities so you need to interrupt/stun/burst them down fast, can 1 shot you from melee. They're not terribly difficult, but it's a nice little challenge added into the mix to keep them a touch more interesting.
    If it's something repeatable that offers some form of fun but it's also rewarding im in. Destiny 2 missed it's boat...and I need a looter shooter...granted MH:W comes out in under a week...so part of me is like...don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't expect the event this soon, gives me a reason to play this game again. Without the events it's pointless with the drop rate on Classified gear.

But man, I wish they added PVE content, like a lot more 4 man dungeons. When I say dungeon I mean group play like the Lexington Event Centre, it sucks that they ones we have and farm, have been out since release.

so SO and I got to the point where we are pretty much speed running all the challenging dailies, so we have been thinking of trying out a mission on legendary. just how much harder are they? and more importantly, are they farmable? like if we manage to decently clear it, can we keep redoing it for more exotic boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so SO and I got to the point where we are pretty much speed running all the challenging dailies, so we have been thinking of trying out a mission on legendary. just how much harder are they? and more importantly, are they farmable? like if we manage to decently clear it, can we keep redoing it for more exotic boxes?
    Yep, they're farmable. I'd recommend trying one or two during the global event going on right now, usually at least one legendary mission is flagged for the global event reward so you should get plenty of fast groups. You can judge from there whether you want to duo or not.

Yep, they're farmable. I'd recommend trying one or two during the global event going on right now, usually at least one legendary mission is flagged for the global event reward so you should get plenty of fast groups. You can judge from there whether you want to duo or not.
    awesome I have a plan for tonight then would rather just wait until we can play together, pugging in MMOs are nerve wracking enough and I actualy feel a lot more confident about my ability in MMO's

10+ Year Old Account
    The exotic cache is only once per week per mission.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The exotic cache is only once per week per mission.
    ah, that is good to know, thanks. guess they don't want people getting full exotics too quickly.

So what do I do as a solo player gear level 275 in this event? Old Alpha Bridge build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    So what do I do as a solo player gear level 275 in this event? Old Alpha Bridge build.
    Is this a question, or a statement? I'm sorta confused, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Farm GE currency for more chances at classified sets/exotics and other shit. Dunno how much you can generate proper solo play, but groups usually pop pretty quickly for any GE content so it shouldn't be difficult to breeze through much of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just still soloing Lexington. I am using tacticians with the cluster seeker mines/turret and I finish a run in 7-8 minutes. Lexington isn't part of the Ambush event, but the extra 125 GE credits you get from Queen's Tunnel Camp on challenging with strategic ambush, isn't worth. That missions takes upwards of two times as long to complete, if not longer.

Just farmed like 90 minutes so far and had enough credits for five chests. Got two perfect rolled Tactacian's Authority classifieds from them

Heroic missions are also soloable with this build, but they take way longer, especially if you die. I solo'd Time Square heroic earlier and it took me like a half an hour playing safe af and never dying. In that same time I could have done three Lexingtons and been halfway through the next one for twice as many GE credits.

Obviously any solo farming method will pale in comparison to groups spam clearing Clear Sky in 5 minutes.

Legendary missions are painfull.

There are completly new ai, mixes enemy types. Everything is much more deadly and even red mobs will annihilate you in seconds out of cover. Yellow and named mobs use skills and better responds to the players actions. Also, rogue agents.

Overall it is fun.

Deleted
    so... the new sets are pretty boring

and since I don't have a single 6p yet I wonder what will happen after the GE?
    My chances of getting 6p striker/sentry or d3 are getting even worse.

the dropchances outside of resistance-shd chest farming are embarassingly low in the first place.

and since they just added 36 new pieces, it's going to be even worse and more difficult to find the one you need now
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-01-23 at 11:44 PM.

is it just me, or this Ambush bonus completely ridiculous? not that I'm complaining :P things went much faster and smoother today AND I got me a Bullfrog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Legendary missions are painfull.

There are completly new ai, mixes enemy types. Everything is much more deadly and even red mobs will annihilate you in seconds out of cover. Yellow and named mobs use skills and better responds to the players actions. Also, rogue agents.

Overall it is fun.
    I did yesterday's Legendary, and on the first run through, I agree, it was pretty brutal. But on the second, once I knew their spawn points and expected behavior, we flew through it.

I still can't really say which is better. Lex Farming (750 upon completion) or Legendary (1500 upon completion). It depends on how fast you can get through the legendary. If you can get 2 Lex runs in within the same time it takes to do the legendary, i'd suggest just doing Lex since it is easier and less stressful.

- - - Updated - - -

As for how much loot I got yesterday, Opened 6 cache's and got 1 Alpha, 3 Hunters, and 1 Tacticians. All in all, I got more classified gear in those 6 cache's than I have in the past 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I did yesterday's Legendary, and on the first run through, I agree, it was pretty brutal. But on the second, once I knew their spawn points and expected behavior, we flew through it.

I still can't really say which is better. Lex Farming (750 upon completion) or Legendary (1500 upon completion). It depends on how fast you can get through the legendary. If you can get 2 Lex runs in within the same time it takes to do the legendary, i'd suggest just doing Lex since it is easier and less stressful.

- - - Updated - - -

As for how much loot I got yesterday, Opened 6 cache's and got 1 Alpha, 3 Hunters, and 1 Tacticians. All in all, I got more classified gear in those 6 cache's than I have in the past 2 weeks.
    Well with Ambush buff the legendary missions are not really tough to be honest. You just melt everything in sight.

Non ambush Times Square took ourselves like one hour of action, with constant back and forth in the last phase. While with Ambush we finished in 15 min?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Well with Ambush buff the legendary missions are not really tough to be honest. You just melt everything in sight.

Non ambush Times Square took ourselves like one hour of action, with constant back and forth in the last phase. While with Ambush we finished in 15 min?
    Exactly! Ambush is a huge help for the legendary missions. But they are also a huge help towards Challenging missions as well.

The best thing I think one could do, is time your runs. Time the Legendary, then run a Lex and time that. Then do the math. If you can do 1 Legendary in 15 minutes, but it only takes you 7 minutes to do the Lex run, then it's up to you. If it takes you the same amount of time to do Lex as it does to do the Legendary, then the answer is clear.

There is also the option of Incursions, which is what I will be doing this weekend, combined with Legendary runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how looter shooters and ARPGs in general are so punishing for solo players. Normally you don't notice, but then they add leaderboards and you can see exactly just how much of a disparity there is.

I did like eight or something Lexingtons in one hour, like 7k GE credits. And that was running perfectly optimized, zero down time, not even looting anything other than the boss.

Look at the leaderboard. The spam group at the top is pulling almost 40,000 GE credits and hour.

Really makes me feel like I am spinning my wheels and wasting my time. That I get 1/6 the reward for the same amount of time and effort. Arguably even more effort since the Clear Sky Farm is no effort, you just sprint to the end of the mission and one shot the boss with permanent supers/buffs over and over.