Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Did they change that in 7.3.5 because it most definitely was not that way before
    yes, obviously, we are talking about the new patch...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Did they change that(blast furnace) in 7.3.5 because it most definitely was not that way before
    Yes, they did. :3
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyFaebelle View Post
    I am not happy about this change. I want to be able to solo as a priest to collect mog items. :/ and on top of thos change I am still salty they removed tier 3 and I dont want to just buy it from bmah....that is just not fun. I want to grind it out and earn it. Wish they would stop removing items. Also the bow weapon that has the sprouting flowers like the druid staff.....I wish I could earn that bow.
    They remove stuff because "people who did it when it was current content should have something to be proud of" or whatever, and then they put it on BMAH for anyone with enough gold to buy. So Johnny Newb with a stacked credit card can get that fresh T3 look and proclaim proudly "I was there hurr".
    The whole thing is a prime example of stunning hypocrisy.

As for OPs subject, making a custom group allows you to set it to group loot I believe thus bypassing the mandatory personal loot. Its still a shitty thing to do but it plays well with Blizzards current style. I'm betting we'll see loot boxes soon a la "Naxxramas T3 Loot box only 55 dollars!"

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Sorry for being a noob on this topic, but can you explain to the non-transmog-runners like me why the personal loot results in less gear? It's not immediately obvious by just reading the definition of personal loot. I would assume that just means only items usable by your class drop, but that doesn't mean fewer drops so I'm obviously missing something. I was also under the impression that you can't wear plate transmogs, for example, since you literally can't wear them. Is it that you can't loot cloth and leather anymore?
    everyone who's replied so far has missed the mark so let me lay it out for you the actual problem: say you're a rogue and you want to go get an old 1 hand sword that's for itemized for spellcasters or tanks. you now aren't even eligible to loot that item anymore because it isn't "for your spec" even though it's a 1 hand sword you can technically equip and transmog. same goes for leather that isnt "for rogues" or any other item (INCLUDING BOES) that isn't "for your spec". the whole thing the others are saying about multiple items dont drop anymore is a minor annoyance and not the issue here, that is.

this issue could be easily ratified by allowing you to set the way loot works as you were able to do in the past and keep it personal only when you use the random group finder.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2018-01-23 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post

But there is a simple trick - create a group flagged as private in the group finder tool, which will put you into a group with only one member (yourself), and once you enter the dungeon, you can swap loot back to default group loot (the option only shows up when actually inside a dungeon).

This definitely works for dungeons, I have not personally tested raids, but I don't see why they should be different. The only exception is Ulduar, since they remade that place for Timewalking into a Flex Raid, so not sure what happens to it.
    Has anyone checked this out in raids, yet? Seems like a painless fix, if true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I mean pre-wod raids have been soloable for years now, anyone who actually gives a shit would have the stuff they wanted by now
    That's such a weak defence it's not worth correcting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's such a weak defence it's not worth correcting
    are you going to adress how it is not mandatory if you make a raid group like you should?
    or are you going to ignore i pointed that out to you so you can keep shit talking?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    are you going to adress how it is not mandatory if you make a raid group like you should?
    or are you going to ignore i pointed that out to you so you can keep shit talking?
    It _is_ a ridiculous defense though. That said, a confirmation that the LFG tool makes this problem a non-issue would be, well, a solution, no?

Then we can get on to complaining that re-using lockouts no longer is a thing.

All Blizzard had to do was make the loot table changeable in the loot drop down menu. Sheesh, in fact they could have added LFR plus Flex to the same drop down list for raid options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    everyone who's replied so far has missed the mark so let me lay it out for you the actual problem: say you're a rogue and you want to go get an old 1 hand sword that's for itemized for spellcasters or tanks. you now aren't even eligible to loot that item anymore because it isn't "for your spec" even though it's a 1 hand sword you can technically equip and transmog. same goes for leather that isnt "for rogues" or any other item (INCLUDING BOES) that isn't "for your spec". the whole thing the others are saying about multiple items dont drop anymore is a minor annoyance and not the issue here, that is.

this issue could be easily ratified by allowing you to set the way loot works as you were able to do in the past and keep it personal only when you use the random group finder.
    Simple, get a caster or whatever and Loot the item on that, then like magic its in your Rogues transmog library.

Deleted
    Do we even know it works in raids?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscadaver View Post
    Simple, get a caster or whatever and Loot the item on that, then like magic its in your Rogues transmog library.
    yeah, that requires me to go level a character i dont want to play to a level high enough to solo the dungeon for the item i want. not a realistic or simple solution. stop trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    It definitely applies for dungeons, but I'm not so sure about the raid thing. Before the patch I read all sorts of things about how they were doing it to raids, but I usually duo old transmog runs with my husband and we went into Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar on Friday and I was able to change it to group loot. I went in solo to Blackwing Lair on a few characters and the normal amount of loot dropped there, and I got drops for other classes as well. But when he ran my alt through Dire Maul I wasn't able to change the loot setting.

I'm not a fan of forced personal loot either, but it doesn't seem to be applied to old raids right now if you're grouped? I don't know. I like getting gear that I can sell to make a tiny bit of gold from my runs as well.

You can turn group loot on still by creating a group on the group finder and just do not add anyone. Should work just fine

Deleted
    Agreed all Blizzard had to do was allow solo players to turn it off without needing to jump hoops

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    It _is_ a ridiculous defense though. That said, a confirmation that the LFG tool makes this problem a non-issue would be, well, a solution, no?

Then we can get on to complaining that re-using lockouts no longer is a thing.
    again, i do this every fucking day
    invite a guildie on an alt, make it a raid, tell em they can log off and play on their main again, and you can now make it master loot.
    to change loot style you need to be in a guild raid group, meaning 80% guildies
    so if you have 2 members, 2 of them guildies, that is 100% allowing you to select master loot or need/greed.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we even know it works in raids?
    yes, have been doing it for months, look above
    tell a guildie to quickl switch to an alt, invite that alt, make it a raid, tell em they can then log off the alt, just stay in the group.
    you can then select any loot type you want, and for as long as you want

5+ Year Old Account
    Go with friends and set to group loot?
    Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat.
    Well of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat.
    But someone's listening in.

Deleted
    again, i do this every fucking day
    invite a guildie on an alt, make it a raid, tell em they can log off and play on their main again, and you can now make it master loot.
    to change loot style you need to be in a guild raid group, meaning 80% guildies
    so if you have 2 members, 2 of them guildies, that is 100% allowing you to select master loot or need/greed.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, have been doing it for months, look above
    tell a guildie to quickl switch to an alt, invite that alt, make it a raid, tell em they can then log off the alt, just stay in the group.
    you can then select any loot type you want, and for as long as you want
    And if nobody is online?

7+ Year Old Account
    And if nobody is online?
    tough luck, get a more active guild

Quote Originally Posted by Akami74 View Post
    This is actually something that could make me unsub, at least a lot sooner than I normally would. Mog runs have kept me subbed for several extra months when I'm bored.

Now they've even upped the difficulty of MOP/WOD raids to where a lot are completely not soloable again. If I can't solo raids that are several expansions behind (MOP) then why bother?

Blizzard removing fun since 2004.
    As of the nerfs I can solo everything without heals as cloth through hc BRF in WoD. The power creep in Legion made soloing the last expansion's raids faster than ever before. Dunno where that bit of your complaint is coming from at this point.

But the required personal loot is annoying af for non-spec mog drops. I hope it changes.