Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I never said he was. He just happens to be idolized by the alt righters.
    And a lot of YouTube lefties are followed by Communists. So, where you wanna go now?

As an aside, I was surprised that Milo is even still around. Was glad to not see him for a while.

I did not really know of Peterson before I saw the interview, and only read about who he was afterwards. From purely the interview, i would say he is a person who has very thought out beliefs and good arguments and reasons for why he believes the world is at it is. I was honestly unsure why the interviewer constantly tried to attack him, despite him seeing to calm and collected about the whole thing. And it was not like he had any monumental beliefs that had not been spoken before, he was just better at articulating them than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It is from an interview on Channel 4 in the UK.

The interviewer was Cathy Newman. You’d probably recognise her, she’s the one on Channel 4 that isn’t Jon Snow or Krishnan Guru-Murthy.

It was a car crash interview for Cathy Newman, she kept trying to put words into his mouth, which he repeatedly points out he hasn’t said and she eventually collapsed under the stupidity of her questioning.

There is a moment when it appears that she realises everything she knows is wrong.
    No, she still believes the moronic things she does. She just finally realizes that her strawman debate tactics aren't working on this guy.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    People still think Milo is anything other than a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I did not really know of Peterson before I saw the interview, and only read about who he was afterwards. From purely the interview, i would say he is a person who has very thought out beliefs and good arguments and reasons for why he believes the world is at it is. I was honestly unsure why the interviewer constantly tried to attack him, despite him seeing to calm and collected about the whole thing. And it was not like he had any monumental beliefs that had not been spoken before, he was just better at articulating them than most.
    Jordon Petersen is highly intelligent and his arguments are well reasoned and sound. The only reason the Left and SJW's despise him is because his logic smashes holes into their perceived reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It is from an interview on Channel 4 in the UK.

The interviewer was Cathy Newman. You’d probably recognise her, she’s the one on Channel 4 that isn’t Jon Snow or Krishnan Guru-Murthy.

It was a car crash interview for Cathy Newman, she kept trying to put words into his mouth, which he repeatedly points out he hasn’t said and she eventually collapsed under the stupidity of her questioning.

There is a moment when it appears that she realises everything she knows is wrong.
    Think you might be referring to the end of the interview, when she pauses to try to make sense of what JP says and have a come back, to only get a "gotcha" from him

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Jordon Petersen is highly intelligent and his arguments are well reasoned and sound. The only reason the Left and SJW's despise him is because his logic smashes holes into their perceived reality.
    Yup, and then they fall back, as they ALWAYS do, by throwing out terms like 'racist', 'bigot', etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    He has spoken against compelled speech, because he is a free speech advocate and that came up as an issue over transsexuals, so people assumed he hates transsexuals.

Channel 4 are quite politically correct, so all her questions were designed to catch him out on the opinions they wrongly thought he held and as a consequence Channel 4 embarrassed themselves.

So you are saying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Think you might be referring to the end of the interview, when she pauses to try to make sense of what JP says and have a come back, to only get a "gotcha" from him
    The part where she claims that the right to not be offended should trump free speech, just before she asks him if we should live like lobsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And a lot of YouTube lefties are followed by Communists. So, where you wanna go now?

As an aside, I was surprised that Milo is even still around. Was glad to not see him for a while.
    You seem to think I want to defend those guys, I don't. I don't really have much of a use for YouTube stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the TL;DR of who these two schmucks are?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extreme feminism views don't tend to be applicable with facts and logic, so it was just a matter of time before someone sat down and got obliterated.

The point for the extreme left is to avoid the conversation all together thus obliteration by either making it bigoted dialogue to question or an infraction worthy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So what I came away with was the people who irrationally hate Peterson still hate them, and the people who love Free Speech love it even more.
    ftfy 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No, you did not. Im just saying that by drawing a link between the two figures, you appear to be dismissive of JP.
    I'm dismissive of most people who are trying to sell themselves. And make no mistake, that is what he's trying to do. Whenever someone says something, pushes a narrative, I always ask myself why he or she is doing it.

You seem to think I want to defend those guys, I don't. I don't really have much of a use for YouTube stars.
    Just saying that someone being liked by a lot of group x doesn't make them a part of group x.

Jordan Peterson has made it very clear, last I checked, that he's no fan of the alt-right. He has never really said anything in their support either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What's the TL;DR of who these two schmucks are?
    Here's the lying half:

Just saying that someone being liked by a lot of group x doesn't make them a part of group x.

Jordan Peterson has made it very clear, last I checked, that he's no fan of the alt-right. He has never really said anything in their support either.
    I never said he was part of the alt right, did I?

I never said he was part of the alt right, did I?
    Seemed like you were just trying to rub the fact that some alt-right guys like him off on him and make it seem like he's Hitler junior or something.

Seemed like you were just trying to rub the fact that some alt-right guys like him off on him and make it seem like he's Hitler junior or something.
    Can you explain how his ideology differs?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady