Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    In majority of RPGs, you also grow stronger when you level up. With mobs increasing their power as you level up, gaining a level is pretty much useless. Especially with new spells being so few and so far apart. I'd really be interested to see some changes that would fix leveling being so disconnected from max level content
    That is true but their attempt was to setup for people to be able to use the zones. At least this leveling feels closer to connect to the game than just run and one-shot.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

At 48 as a Marksman Hunter it's taking about 4-5 spells to kill a mob in Felwood. Not feeling the thousand cuts.

The amount of hyperbole is strong here, mobs still die within seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blizzard makes leveling hard, then make it really easy, then they go back to making it hard. I don't understand the obsession with difficulty. Its not a question of difficulty really. Leveling needs to be more SOCIAL.
    Yeah, but people always take the path of least resistance. If a quest is elite or difficult they'll either group up, or more likely skip it considering it not worth the trouble. If a quest isn't difficult they'll solo it and move on. Nothing Blizzard can do to make people more social when they don't want to be.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I agree with the OP...

I think they should drastically increase the damage quest mobs can dish out, so you have to think about your pulls again, like in Classic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    [SNIP]Leveling might seem pointless but it is a good majority of many RPG's. It is part of the journey, and finally it feels part of the game again after it felt like a complete joke for a few expansions.
    Many RPGs don't even have levels. You just assign experience points to your statistics / abilities directly. You progress by completing parts of the story, not by leveling. And when you do have levels, like in D&D, then every level brings some meaningful thing - an additional feat, increases in stats, new spell levels or more spells etc. Also unlocking special character abilities definied by class / subclass. Option to progress to a different / prestige class or to multiclass.

WoW lacks many of these things. WoW also lacks of "endgame" completion feeling while leveling. There are not many meaningful achievements which you can get while leveling. And many of these are leftovers of former endgame content. WoW is constantly moving goalposts higher and higher, and all remaining content is made obsolete except for completionists like me - to some extent, I lack the time to do many things currently, and on the other hand, I play since end of 2005 and only had a break for some months during MoP, so I did all open world content when it was current content.

I have leveled over 2 dozen of characters during this time. I will level some Allied Races for the heritage armor looks, that's for sure - but I don't see any value in spending more time with some random mobs. I will rather focus on completing stories for which I don't have achievements yet (Classic zones post-Cata).

In a "normal" RPG, you have an organic process of storytelling and leveling. It's also usually balanced that way, that you don't need to grind experience to be able to progress further in your storyline. Remember Classic, where you sometimes had to mindlessly grind things to progress? This should not happen in an RPG.

We don't really need leveling to take more time. We need leveling content to be more engaging and relevant at any point of your character's life. This can be achieved perfectly by scaling. (Though I would not go overboard with that, because we have a chronologic order in WoW's expansions history, and playing WotLK content before TBC would feel weird to me.) Inflating HP of mobs without having a variety of combat skills / spells to fight them only increases boredom for me. This is not storytelling anymore, this is a grind, and a quite pointless one.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-01-23 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Bit of a dumb statement, considering here you are 14 years later still addicted apparently
    You need to educate yourself in the concept of the meme, and did you hear that loud swish noise above your head?

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing everything in 1 hit isn't fun either.

As far as I'm concerned, the health increase was warranted and good, the only problem with the revamp of leveling is that mobs still hit like wet noodles, they should have also increased the damage regular NPCs do by like 35%.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-01-24 at 02:59 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Part of the social aspect of leveling was overcoming difficulty together: Asking people how to complete that quest that was confusing you, asking people to help you with that group quest so you could get a cool item, asking players to explore this new dungeon you just found in the barrens. In certain ways, making leveling more social IS a question of difficulty, and a question of player convenience.

The increased mob health is a needed change, but it's only PART of the needed change. Without an increase in the difficulty of mobs, you won't be engaged in the level up experience, it'll just be tedious, as many in this thread have already pointed out.

Part of leveling is learning your class. Difficulty helps you learn your class.
    That's been my issue. I don't mind things requiring a little more thought or situational awareness to deal with, but I'd rather things be more of an active threat than be wet noodles that won't die. If something doesn't hurt me then killing it stays boring. Making the boring longer just means more boring.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for vanilla to come out and see everyone complaining that its hard.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the only thing more annoying than a Blizzard apologist, is an Apple one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I'm a fan of many of the 7.3.5 leveling changes. Zone scaling is brilliant. Flexibility is great. The XP curve changes I have no problem with.

Mob health though? Ugh.

It's death by a thousand cuts because it takes a thousand cuts to cause death to anything. A thousand times.

Blizzard seem to have this weird idea that Fun™ can be quantified as smashing your head against low level mobs that might hit like a wet sponge, but... Just. Won't. Fucking. DIE.

You get your improvements by making it so players don't out-level quests and have an easier and more flexible leveling path. In terms of mobs there's no challenge or engagement. There's just time wasted. That's not fun.
    they turned the mobs into jirens from dragon ball super lol :P
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    You could have experienced that anytime by not using heirlooms
    Wrong. Even without Heirlooms, I very rarely found mobs I couldn't kill with less than 3 habilities, most oh which were instant.

The scaling itself is great, I've found myself doing quests late in a zone I had either forgotten about or never even done because of being skipped over when outleveling them.

I still feel a little less health and a little more damage on the mobs would put things more in balance.
    Although being level 46 on a Druid I do feel like mobs are starting to die quicker instead of slower as you level up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Made a Survival Hunter to just to test test leveling times. I'm just at 33 so far, and I basically two shot every mob I come across. Soo I'm not really seeing the death by a thousand cuts, or any other exaggerated term that people tend to be using now. As far as taking longer to level, I'll have to wait until I hit 60 to compare my pre-7.3.5 time to now, but the way it is looking now my 1-60 time will be better now than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    yesterday i was leveling in burning steppes and healed a dude who pulled like 9-12 ogres+orcs in a location. We both died. He proceeded to complain that blizzard ruined leveling. Weird guy

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard seem to have this weird idea that Fun™ can be quantified as smashing your head against low level mobs that might hit like a wet sponge, but... Just. Won't. Fucking. DIE.
    You know what's weird? That it doesn't happen. If you fight low level mobs they still die in one hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I've 1 shot mobs with judgement crits as a prot paladin at like lvl 46.

No sympy for OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Don't really even care about mob health. Bringing back the risk of actually dying as a player would make it more engaging I think. Mobs still don't really post a threat while leveling.
    Yeah, they really don't. Outlands is the only area that has that "Vanilla" style of questing. By that I mean that it has areas full of humanoids with patrols, camps, and lots of mobs who run in fear. Those areas were more difficult than regular questing areas. I ran into a humanoids camp of Belves, pulled about 7 because I forgot those things existed, and then proceeded to murder them all... I should have been dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I came here to say this. But maybe I will be a little ruder:

Cut the crap already. This is bullshit hyperbole. Thanks.

My character is fucking 2-3 shotting mobs still. If anything, mobs still need a HP and damage buff IMHO.
    "My character is fucking 2-3 shotting mobs.."

Your character isn't his. Maybe your character isn't his class, maybe your character isn't his spec and in a new player's case, isn't even geared as well as yours.

It is not always about how you have it. People have different experiences as they play under different circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of many of the 7.3.5 leveling changes. Zone scaling is brilliant. Flexibility is great. The XP curve changes I have no problem with.

Mob health though? Ugh.

It's death by a thousand cuts because it takes a thousand cuts to cause death to anything. A thousand times.

You get your improvements by making it so players don't out-level quests and have an easier and more flexible leveling path. In terms of mobs there's no challenge or engagement. There's just time wasted. That's not fun.
    I'm killing things in 2-4 casts on a baby Arcane mage. The hyperbole is strong with your post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    "My character is fucking 2-3 shotting mobs.."

Your character isn't his. Maybe your character isn't his class, maybe your character isn't his spec and in a new player's case, isn't even geared as well as yours.

It is not always about how you have it. People have different experiences as they play under different circumstances.
    Absolutely valid point! But that doesn't change the fact that his post is an exaggerated mess. 'i have 2 hit things 1000x!!'

Doing what, autoattacking with a white ilvl 1 dagger?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.