Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    'i like the changes' 'but i don't like the changes'

The mob health is fine, it means I get to play a rotation whilst levelling, it means we see more of the old dungeon boss mechanics - It feels like I am playing the game again, not spamming 1-2 abilities whilst watching Netflix.

Killing a basic mob certainly does not take too long if you are remotely aware how to utilize your class rotation, or possibly playing a healer (I don't play them, wouldn't know)
    Named/Quest mobs have had a notable jump in HP, but frankly that is how it should be - Before you would likely kill the named mob without even noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Sure they could. What if with each party member you added (up to 5, of course), you get bonus XP, instead of less XP (which is insanely fucked up that that's even a thing, it's what makes low level players not want to play with one another to begin with) and you also got bonus XP to turning in quests. Not like a ton, enough to where you wouldn't be at a big disadvantage solo-ing, but enough for it to encourage strangers to play together. This is how it always should have worked, instead of punishing people for playing together, IMHO.
    That COULD work, but they'd have to look at it quite hard to make sure it's not abused. They'd have to make sure that a character who is in the party has to be in the same zone, in about the same area, for them to add to the bonus. Which of course leads to the opposite effect: having to stop killing/questing if one of your members has to log off, or go to another zone for a turnin. You'd have to travel around as a group at all times to get the most effect.

There's also the reason that Blizz doesn't let us earn quest credit or completion in raid groups, to keep people from grouping up and trivializing everything. If people are saying levelling is too easy right now, how will they feel stomping mobs designed for soloing while in a 5-man group? They'd be falling asleep at their keys in no time.

I've played mmo's that have the feature you mentioned, bonuses to exp for grouping up, and sometimes it works and sometimes it just adds a burden. Blizz will have to think long and hard on how they'd design such a thing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I'm a fan of many of the 7.3.5 leveling changes. Zone scaling is brilliant. Flexibility is great. The XP curve changes I have no problem with.

Mob health though? Ugh.

It's death by a thousand cuts because it takes a thousand cuts to cause death to anything. A thousand times.

Blizzard seem to have this weird idea that Fun™ can be quantified as smashing your head against low level mobs that might hit like a wet sponge, but... Just. Won't. Fucking. DIE.

You get your improvements by making it so players don't out-level quests and have an easier and more flexible leveling path. In terms of mobs there's no challenge or engagement. There's just time wasted. That's not fun.
    Thats the point though. If it's really boring you might buy a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    people love grinding when they're done with it and they imagine other players having to do it too because fuck you i'm king of the hill come get me but kill some boars in the forest first fucker

people are resentful about grinding when they spent weeks of their lives grinding and wrath comes along and noobs are like wtf did you do that for and now the noobs are next to them on the devalued top of the hill

people love grinding when noobs have to grind again thanks to blizzard twisting the wayback machine knobs, except the noobs don't grind because they have the L100 button, and the people who remember grinding have to grind again because they don't want to buy L100 buttons because that would be like not grinding again, and grinding is the foundation of their self-esteem

so at this point nobody is enjoying grinding again
    Have you actually looked at the video? And see what spells he is using? And how wrong it often is, making it a lot slower then it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    You could have experienced that anytime by not using heirlooms
    Even without heirlooms mobs died in 2 hits before the change. Heirlooms weren't the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    As i said before, mobs in vanilla were DANGEROUS - they dealt a ton of damage and were difficult to damage (parry, miss, resist, glancing...).
    That is what made it a fun experience... it was almost like a light version of dark souls, where even a single mob could be fatal to you (depending on your class).

If right now mobs just have a ton of health without also providing any kind of danger then that is just boring.
    Mobs need to be a real danger and threat for players to actually get a challenge and some fun fighting them and surviving the odds.

Simply put it is WRONG and BORING if i can go from lvl 1 to lvl 109 without being close to dying even once despite constantly engaging 5+ mobs at once that are my level or higher...
    You use a lot of words like "need" as if your opinion is objective fact.

I don't think mobs need to hit harder. When mobs used to hit very hard, the leveling experience was extremely unbalanced. Certain classes were significantly more difficult and slower to level because of lack of self heals. Blizzard doesn't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    "My character is fucking 2-3 shotting mobs.."

Your character isn't his. Maybe your character isn't his class, maybe your character isn't his spec and in a new player's case, isn't even geared as well as yours.

It is not always about how you have it. People have different experiences as they play under different circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Not everyone has the new mythic heirlooms.
    Mythic heirlooms lol. Don't even know what that is. I am using 4 heirloom items (and mind you, right now I can replace 3 of those heirlooms with better or equal blue items from my bags, only difference is the heirlooms have the exp boost, and more importantly, with heirlooms I don't have to return to the transmog NPC after every quest.) So yeah, they don't change much, not anymore. Not for me atleast. And I am playing a Balance Druid. Yes, its different for different specs, but taking too long? Come on... That is pure hyperbole. But really, unless I pull 6-7 mobs, there is literally no danger for my Balance Druid. Imagine if I was leveling a paladin... I'd be fucking immortal. (Main ret) I guess some classes like rogues could have a hard time due to being melee, being squishy, having close to no self heals (correct me if I am wrong, atleast compared to other classes) and don't do as much damage as some other classes at low levels.

"My character is fucking 2-3 shotting mobs.."

Your character isn't his. Maybe your character isn't his class, maybe your character isn't his spec and in a new player's case, isn't even geared as well as yours.

It is not always about how you have it. People have different experiences as they play under different circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    I agree, I want the mobs damage to increase more but the amount of babies on the official forums is unreal about how long it's taking to kill a mob etc, even though this is nothing compared to vanilla/TBC still, I just saw a blue post with Lore saying this because people moaned on the forums "That said, we’re certainly taking the feedback about the rate of leveling alts into account as we move forward with the game’s development. We’ve been happy with the changes so far, but if leveling is too slow, we’d rather address that in the game itself than have Refer-A-Friend be some kind of bizarre workaround to an outstanding issue."

Leveling too slow?! If they up the rate of leveling again I am literally going to just stop playing the game end of, I waited for something like this to enter the game, if they take it away I just really cba and wait for Vanilla.
    Yep, I immedietely thought the same thing when I read his post. Been waiting for soooo long for this change. If they revert it now I'd be mad at Blizzard for the very first time.

if you're a new player it wont be a problem. if you leveled thru those zones enough times already, yes it will be tedious but you gotta suck it up and do it anyway or just buy a boost which is in my opinion the best option to go. you wont learn to play your class better this way tho, like many claim, and it wont be fun either. tedious is the new cool thing on the block.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Here is some random footage of questing in Hellfire Peninsula as a Level 60 fighting Level 60 mobs.

Killing a mob is still waaaay faster than it was during TBC. Mobs dealt similar amounts of damage then as they do now. Yet, if we were to poll a thousand players who experienced TBC when it was released, I'd bet that a strong majority of them would reminisce about how it was a very positive experience. I don't think 7.3.5 did anything but to bring WoW leveling back to the experience that a generation of MMO players fell in love with.
    It took him a long time because he clicks spells and melees as a hunter... He legit added 2 seconds to his kill time walking up to the mob and than another 3 meleeing it for no fucking reason. He used concussive shot when the mob had pet agro... If he wasn't a retard that pull would've taken 6-7 seconds. He was also full mana and didn't have aspect of the hawk active... I have no fucking words.

I can't even critique his gear choices because the options isn't available.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-24 at 02:21 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Waaaaaaaaah = Summary of your post, OP (and all the other whiners that complain that it takes 4 seconds instead of 2 to kill a mob now)

Deleted
    The timing seems so odd as well.

People that want tedious grinding can play Classic at some point and with the level cap increasing even more in BfA, it already takes long enough to get to the endgame for a fresh alt.

Deleted
    How many more will post about how they kill things with ease and without dying, when the whole point of the original post is to point out how surviving is no issue, but the fact that it takes too long to kill an average mob which you are looting rotten apples from to give to your questgiver.
    In vanilla, if you pulled more then 1-2 mobs you where probably going to die. Your class had very little escape abilities and mobs spammed daze so no escaping easily either.
    Leveling after that has been trash, personally i have stuck to same class, Warrior just because leveling is about as fun as watching paint dry and about as challenging as sitting down on a couch twiddling your tumbs.

Blizzard has shown they could create challenging content with Timeless Isle, why they did not evolve their game with the success of Timeless Isle is beyond me, maybe because trash tought it was to hard possibly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    In vanilla, if you pulled more then 1-2 mobs you where probably going to die. Your class had very little escape abilities and mobs spammed daze so no escaping easily either.
    Leveling after that has been trash, personally i have stuck to same class, Warrior just because leveling is about as fun as watching paint dry and about as challenging as sitting down on a couch twiddling your tumbs.

Blizzard has shown they could create challenging content with Timeless Isle, why they did not evolve their game with the success of Timeless Isle is beyond me, maybe because trash tought it was to hard possibly.
    Well, I could handle a bit more with my warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Timeless Isle wasn't challenging. It just had enemies that hit hard with a lot of hitpoints. Mechanically speaking, other than interrupts and "don't stand in the fire" what did TI have that other encounters didn't?

It was a grind, not a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No I got your joke don't give yourself so much credit. Still dumb af tho
    LOL, no you didn't, don't try to save face this late dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Doing something harder when you know there is an easy option shouldn't be the choice you have to make.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, here you are. XD
    LOL another swing and a miss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Timeless Isle wasn't challenging. It just had enemies that hit hard with a lot of hitpoints. Mechanically speaking, other than interrupts and "don't stand in the fire" what did TI have that other encounters didn't?

It was a grind, not a challenge.
    Actually, there has been a bit more than just more HP. Many mobs there had specific abilities which you had to counter somehow. Yaungol charge which stuns you. Massive healing of cranes. Strong damage attacks which went out in a direct line and could be avoided if you moved. Such things make a fight more interesting then just a pure increase of damage and HP of mobs.

Of course, if you overgear things massively, then even these things are not a challenge anymore. But when I first stepped onto TI on my main character after a break of some months and accordingly relatively bad gear, I surely felt challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I came here to say this. But maybe I will be a little ruder:

Cut the crap already. This is bullshit hyperbole. Thanks.

My character is fucking 2-3 shotting mobs still. If anything, mobs still need a HP and damage buff IMHO.
    Tell us exactly what class, spec, and level the character is that's 2-shotting mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Tell us exactly what class, spec, and level the character is that's 2-shotting mobs.
    Balance Druid 48 level atm. Don't have complete heirloom set.

Warrior of Elune -> 3 instant Lunar Strikes + Sunfire + Starsurge and it's dead. And the stuff around it is half dead. And then I can cast another 2 Lunar Strikes and the stuff around it is dead too. I can handle up to 5-6 mobs at once.

Bigger healthpool but no increased damage really is just annoying. I love the scaling zones but just super tedious making everything have more HP.. its not difficult its just more time consuming

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Balance Druid 48 level atm. Don't have complete heirloom set.

Warrior of Elune -> 3 instant Lunar Strikes + Sunfire + Starsurge and it's dead. And the stuff around it is half dead. And then I can cast another 2 Lunar Strikes and the stuff around it is dead too. I can handle up to 5-6 mobs at once.
    I wouldn't call 5 spells 2-shotting

Wait til you get to 60+ in Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I wouldn't call 5 spells 2-shotting

Wait til you get to 60+ in Northrend.
    I am instant casting them? And they are AoE so I can kill multiple mobs at once? 5 mobs dead with 6 casts = 1.2 casts per mob. Ye, I know Northrend+ will be a little tougher, but mind you I don't have full heirloom set. And there are classes that can pull off more damage. Like paladin and warrior ^^ Oh btw, try Arcane Mage. Now that is strong. You basically run around with 4 Arcane Charges 1 one-shotting stuff at level 20 (other classes don't one shot stuff at that level). So even at a higher level it should be powerful. Ah, the possibilities. But anyway, I enjoy the way the game is now. Please, don't take this away from us. Thanks.