Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Wait a minute, did they just confirm that BfA will indeed include a boost to level 110 for one char?
    They always do that now, why wouldn't they continue that?

Wow has needed a ‘fast-track’ option for leveling alts for a while now..

A branching questline that unlocks in every starting zone, for all characters, upon getting your main to maxlevel.

Something along : «You’re a new reqruit but recommended by [name of main], let’s train you and run you through scaled solo scenarios of old raids that will teach you your abilities by pitting you against brawler-esque bosses, and take you to max-level-minus-2-expansions in 6-7 hours»

Or, even better, remove all levels after wotlk. 80 is max level, all new content is lvl 80. Endgame is 90% of all content instead of having 90% of all content being irrellevant due to outleveling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Crisis mode is sending one CSR to the forums to write a post explaining their position... mhmmm.
    It is. They never actually explain these things unless peopel get really frustrated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    See, this is entirely reasonable.

I know everyone is still gonna come in here and say "You're naive if you believe Blizzard" because they want so desperately to believe they're trying to push boosts, but frankly there are a lot easier ways to do that than nerfing recruit a friend.

This has nothing to do with boosts, and frankly, they're right - Recruit a friend never should have been used in the way it was and needed to change.
    Yes, it has everything to do with boosts. They clearly said that. RAF should not be the best way to level, boosts should.

currently lvling an alt with my friend raf helps n all but with the new sytsem it just takes double the time to get lvl. u feel like u are doing the dungeon yeah not skiping any boss mechanichs and all but it also feels annoying as hell cause its so slow. maybe just buff the exp from dungeons would help but not sure

Making a fast-track option for alts is a bad idea. Leveling alts for many people is the only reason to still pay a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    I still smell greed. all of these changes are anti-EXP. I have no problem with the new combat times but I have a friend who was the shining example of someone who would rather level than spend money even having a well paying job, After many hours of discussion in discord we all decided leveling in its current state is NOT worth the time invested not only that I would argue the new problem is this feeling of making no progress.

Not my discord but I've seen hardly no positive opinions about this patch.

What kind of trash players do you play with? The leveling is still pretty damn fast. I decided to level a shadow priest after the patch and still got to 40 in 4ish hours. It's far from slow and "hell on Earth"
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    What kind of trash players do you play with? The leveling is still pretty damn fast. I decided to level a shadow priest after the patch and still got to 40 in 4ish hours. It's far from slow and "hell on Earth"
    Comparing a dot class to a rogue..

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    You're right.
    My friend is leveling a boomkin and he says he's pulling 5 mobs at once and killing them without effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Because Rogues have no advantage over other classes like just sneaking around invisible and not having to aggro every mob in a cave?
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    Because Rogues have no advantage over other classes like just sneaking around invisible and not having to aggro every mob in a cave?
    Compared to classes just pulling and killing everything in the cave faster, more xp, then a rogue stealthing around? Maybe he has a 1 min advantage but misses all that delicious xp. Comon man xD

Why is it always 1 or 0? Is the ability to choose what xp rate you want too complex to develop? Maybe I don't want any xp buff, maybe I would rather have 100% or the old 300% back, maybe me and my buddy like this area so we will turn the xp buff off but we hate another area so we put it at 300%but we usually just play at 50%. Too much work?

- - - Updated - - -

The "Why did you stop playing Overwatch?" Poll needs an "Other" option. Why I stopped playing has nothing to do with Overwatch and would still play if I could. Maybe "Other: Would still play if possible" and "Other reason, but still wouldn't play".

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    You're right.
    My friend is leveling a boomkin and he says he's pulling 5 mobs at once and killing them without effort.
    At lvl 25 or a lock mobs give me 150ish xp. So what kind of massochist would chain pull and grind mobs if you can finish quest for nearly 4k xp?

It's funny that people mix combat times with outleveling areas.

The problem with leveling was outleveling the areas (quests go gray) and DGs outperforming anything else in the game for XP.

No need to massively increase combat times (it's ok that a combat takes extra time against a mini boss/named mob from a quest, but for normal mobs, considering the amount of filler quests, it's really bad) as the problem should be fixed basically by scalling the quests and removing the big XP from DGs.

You stay as long as you want in an area, you do DGs to finish a quest line/area story (grab 1-2 levels while at it thx to the one time only quests, no problem) and that's it.

But massively increasing the time to finish a DG, or kill regular mobs in the world (making filler quests a pain)... that was crappy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Wow has needed a ‘fast-track’ option for leveling alts for a while now.
    That's what the pre-expansion Legion Invasion world event was.

Each invasion would easily get you like 5 levels, and they took no time at all to complete. You could login between multiple alts and complete each invasion that popped up every couple of hours. I leveled about a dozen alts from various levels to max over the course of that world event.

I do kind of wish they kept them active as a permanent fixture throughout the whole expansion, even with dramatically reduced XP rewards, just as a means to squeeze out some extra EXP every few hours and to make it feel like the Legion was still a persistent threat.

Still, if you're lucky, maybe they'll do another similar world event for BfA that awards a ton of EXP.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    It's funny that people mix combat times with outleveling areas.

The problem with leveling was outleveling the areas (quests go gray) and DGs outperforming anything else in the game for XP.

No need to massively increase combat times (it's ok that a combat takes extra time against a mini boss/named mob from a quest, but for normal mobs, considering the amount of filler quests, it's really bad) as the problem should be fixed basically by scalling the quests and removing the big XP from DGs.

You stay as long as you want in an area, you do DGs to finish a quest line/area story (grab 1-2 levels while at it thx to the one time only quests, no problem) and that's it.

But massively increasing the time to finish a DG, or kill regular mobs in the world (making filler quests a pain)... that was crappy.
    I have to disagree. This isn't Dynasty Warriors or some shit where you just run thru and one shot everything in sight. It'll be an adjustment to get used to it playing like an RPG again.

5 mobs at a time * 150 xp = 750 xp per pull, which even if you let every agony tick to completion, is a maximum of 30 seconds. Which also completes your quests, while the rogue is likely not pulling anything that isn't a quest mob, and is killing one at a time. DoT class finishes the quest faster, and gets more XP for doing so.

It's not in question that dot classes do better than single target classes when it comes to how fast they can level. Quite frankly, it's just not a problem, and definitely not nearly as big a problem as that person who said it's 'hell on earth' claims it is.
    Ill be long dead, my voidwalker would be dead if i pulled 5 melee mobs.

Actually i prefer to nuke them with Chaos Bolt. Still one shots them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need options on the poll to say "Im still playing" for both why did you stop playing and when was the last time you played. It's like you think no one plays anymore.

I play Affliction on my new lock - Not only do I not die to 5 mobs, but the full Agony debuff ticks through and juuuuust barely doesn't kill them. (By about 5% health at maximum.)

Granted, I'm only level 15 on that lock right now. I don't even use a minion yet, haven't needed to.
    Do you use any looms? I refused to use them, just to try the new scalling. Was fun when pig people (name elude me) get to me and took 15/20% of my life with a single swing

But you probably are correct, drain life heal for crazy amount even it does not deal much dmg.

The cheapest way to level is to buy battlechest for 10euro and topup a char. to level 90.. fck heirlooms ... then buy the cheapest legion on webz

Wow. WOW. This change actually makes me want to unsub. Leveling alts is already a massive chore. Now I get fucked by the massive nerf to RAF. This is absolutely fucking ludicrous. The new level scaling is absolute fucking trash and I hate it. The grind makes everything feel like pulling teeth rather than a fun experience. Fuck you, Blizzard. Way to prove you're pushing for character boosts.