Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    What do you mean by, "It doesnt work" it is a right, it doesnt have to "work"
    Fair point. But it's harmful, and anything harmful should be abolished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is a false narrative. There are a lot of cases where citizens have prevented crimes and possibly even their own death due to them having a firearm.
    And then there are tenfold more where a gun has just been a liability and had someone killed.

Your argument is like praising Nazism because it brought Germany out of it's depression, which is one good thing. Then you look on the flip side of what is actually happening and you realize "Oh shit this is causing a lot of problem". I don't know if this is actually true but it wouldn't surprise me if the 2nd amendment has had more people kill that WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    More like people only care when you insert the word school or mass.

There is multiple shootings EVERY SINGLE DAY in cities like Chicago, Detroit and New Orleans. Oh, and it's actually LOWER then it used to be in most of the big cities.
    For sure. News coverage is better though. You'd think that would make people see the problems more clearly but it seems it's the other way around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which is fine if that is what you guys want. Your country, not mine. But each part of the US Constitution is just as important as the rest.
    Well, you have an undemocratic country so you can't really be sure what works for everyone and what doesn't with things like gerrymandering that even arnold swarzgenger someone in the winning party from that gerrymandering is aganist and the fact that polling has shown many gun owners believe in further regulation not to mention none gun owners you also have a system that meant the person with less votes (because of some gibberish about country people deserving extra voting power for being seperate areas) is president
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Fight for gun control and stop making excuses for the crimes white men commit.
    Oh god this isn't a white person thing surely you can't believe that.

Deleted
    Well, you know, that sort of thing happens when nothing changes after that sort of thing happens.

The parent(s) should also be held responsible, a 16 year old shouldn't be packing heat to school. Im guessing he was raised by a single parent who was living in sea-in.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering this is kentucky... someone probably fucked his sister and stole his tide pods

Reminds me of a case in Germany, where the shooter took his father's handgun, which was stored next to the bed in a desk. Since the gun was unproperly stored, which in the end gave access to somebody else, who used it for homicide, the father was later sentenced for involuntary manslaughter. But, sadly in the Us that is never going to happen, since seemingly, gun safety meassures infringe the second amendment for some reason....

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-p...s-r-1819580358
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/b...-headline.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Maybe we should make a law that penalizes people for shooting other people. Like maybe if we had a law that made it a crime to shoot people that would stop the shooters. I guess the Senators won't pass this law until someone they love is directly affected.
    An honest question, why even have laws if they serve no purpose because criminals will break them and good people wouldn't do those bad things anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    People care they just don't know what they personally can do about it.
    There are literally people on this thread who have said it's an acceptable price to pay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    You get this when you put 3/4 of the population on Serotonin re-uptake inhibitors, teach them since toddlers they are special, and toss in gender identity issues, mass violence on TV/Music, then top it off with "respected" journalists" calling for deaths of people they don't like, while promoting #BlackLivesMatter, shooting cops in the head, while villianizing anyone who says all lives matter as "a racist.

Funny, my kid hasbeen shooting since 10 or 12, he has better trigger discipline than the local PD, and sure as heck wouldn't toss his future away shooting people.

Then you have Kanye and Kardashianwhore naming their baby Chicago Weset, after the shithole gangbanger, drug infested, Leftist Plantation, that leads leaderboards for killing.

Go after my guns, or normal America's you'll be hung in town square, Come and take it.
    Normal people don't adovcate hanging based on a desire to remove firearms, they can disagree with the desire to remove firearms but hanging is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    There are literally people on this thread who have said it's an acceptable price to pay.
    Didn't say they all care.

Give both parents the death penalty, and also the death penalty for the 16 yr old shooter. Plus it actually needs to be done live, people need to know what your fate will be if you kill other people for no reason what so ever. Make him watch his parents being put to death, then it will be his turn, yeah I'm OK with everything I said even though I'm drunk.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2018-01-24 at 10:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Didn't say they all care.
    Still feels like more people don't care considering this is still the only country this stuff is normal, the only wealthy country to have toddlers gunning down their parents accidentally. 43 toddler shootings in the USA, probably but not proveably underreported to hide the evidence, how is gun control allowed to be so laxly regulated and controlled that toddlers are shooting people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Give both parents the death penalty, and also the death penalty for the 16 yr old shooter. Plus it actually needs to be done live, people need to know what your fate will be if you kill other people for no reason what so ever.
    Be curious to see if that would work. Also would be horrified at the idea of them actually doing that.

Owning fire arms for self-defense is one thing. That's a reasonable, understandable motive. With proper training (which exists), screening (also a thing) and safeguards (sadly only as effective as the laziest person willing to enforce) - gun ownership is fine. I firmly insist that gun control advocates believe that self defense is an inalienable right.

Owning fire arms because you think you can fight back against the government is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of.

How many of the "we need guns to defend ourselves against the government" would actually fire upon law enforcement?

Under what circumstance?
    Violation of civil rights?
    Retaliation for injustices?

Would the fire upon a federal immigration agent executing an illegal deportation warrant of a Muslim family?

I'm sure you'd stand for your rights as the A-10s, Cobras and GAU-16s started firing.

Cut the shit, you don't need 10 AR-15s (which are shit anyway), 3 glocks and whatever the you morons buy with your money.

(I use guns in my line of work. The kind that turn people into pink mist, with cyclic rates in excess of 5000 rounds per minute)

----

I wanted to clarify as well - shooting guns to hunt, or for fun is also a reasonable thing to do. It's those safety processes that fail us. I own fire arms, for personal, home and recreational purposes. I don't own a fucking armory of weapons, because frankly that's too much shit to clean and maintain.

I've found one of the driving factors that create shootings, rather these "mass shootings" is media coverage. Typically, there is a mass shooting (4+ people) every couple weeks in the US. However, they're usually under similar circumstances: Victims and shooter knew each other, illicit activity involved, history of criminal behavior.

It's the places where it "shocks" us - schools, movies, malls etc - that garner massive media attention that tries to understand these people as something more than what kind of scum they are - terrorists.

No one tries to analyze (not in depth anyway) why suicide bombers blow themselves up.
    But if a suicide shooter wants to take others out along with himself at the football game...suddenly.....
    Last edited by Zig Zug; 2018-01-24 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Clarification

Be curious to see if that would work. Also would be horrified at the idea of them actually doing that.
    Hey, you are wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Hey, you are wrong.
    Wrong to be horrified?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Owning fire arms for self-defense is one thing. That's a reasonable, understandable motive. With proper training (which exists), screening (also a thing) and safeguards (sadly only as effective as the laziest person willing to enforce) - gun ownership is fine. I firmly insist that gun control advocates believe that self defense is an inalienable right.

Owning fire arms because you think you can fight back against the government is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of.

How many of the "we need guns to defend ourselves against the government" would actually fire upon law enforcement?

Under what circumstance?
    Violation of civil rights?
    Retaliation for injustices?

Would the fire upon a federal immigration agent executing a deportation warrant of a Muslim family?

I'm sure you'd stand for your rights as the A-10s, Cobras and GAU-16s started firing.

Cut the shit, you don't need 10 AR-15s (which are shit anyway), 3 glocks and whatever the you morons buy with your money.

(I use guns in my line of work. The kind that turn people into pink mist, with cyclic rates in excess of 5000 rounds per minute)
    This is the bit that makes me laugh the most, that they will take down a corrupt goverment as they are all as you put it, turned into pink mist in what would be horrifing to witness made worse by the goverment feeling even more threatened and being even more violent about their takeover or whatever crap they are worried about.

Considering the death penalty and public executions were the norm in the past...you know...back when there was more crime than there is now, I'm going to go with "it won't."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Considering the death penalty and public executions were the norm in the past...you know...back when there was more crime than there is now, I'm going to go with "it won't."
    But is it really that public executions didn't reduce any crime or that something has since then also happened to reduce crime even further hiding the loss of reduced crime from executions (If it worked), such as a reduction in poverty levels or something similar.

so are republicans going to actually try doing something this time instead of promoting more guns this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Regalia View Post
    so are republicans going to actually try doing something this time instead of promoting more guns this time?
    Probably trying to reduce the age for buying a handgun to 15, so students can defend themselves.

Deleted
    Terror attacks and school shootings are part and parcel of living in a big city. In London they cant ban trucks, like they cant ban guns in Usa. Trucks and guns are required tools for daily life.