Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This was one of the most surreal and cringe inducing watching experiences I've had on the internet in some time. Cathy comes across as an ideologue of the worst kind and can't quite grasp that her reality is distorted, despite the constant demonstrations from Peterson.

Props to Peterson for keeping his cool, I'm pretty sure she'd have gotten me in a bit of an upset.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    That women though... Is she that stupid or is she trolling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    You could say that for a lot of people here, but in that case.you have a living observable example. Question is, since i dont know anything about her as a journalist, was she forced into the line of questioning by the network or did she actually wanted to ask the questions herself?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most journalists are woefully unequipped to discuss the segments that are often being pushed to the viewers... Most TV presenters are just that. Presenters.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Can i get a tldr. I don't keep up with random internet drama very well.
    Feminist host had Jordan Peterson on to whine about "muh wage gap", Peterson totally oblitirated her with logic and ration even getting her to mind freeze aka the "gotcha" moment when even she realized her own logic is actually ilogic. People trolled her on twitter afterwards, she's playing the feminist victim card, because we all know mean tweets are literally rape!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Most journalists are woefully unequipped to discuss the segments that are often being pushed to the viewers... Most TV presenters are just that. Presenters.
    That's why when they are hosts, they invite people on both sides and moderate the discussion. She didn't do that, she was ON ONE SIDE, the feminist one.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...v-misogyny-row

While I acknowledge that I could check for myself, it seems dishonest of Theguardian to mention the online (and misogynistic) abuse the journalist was subjected to without actually mentioning any specifics, besides "bitch".

Also, one could find the irony in the efforts to "care for her". Not to be entirely dishonest as one could argue that there could've been a legir security concern, but given the feminist undertones of the situation, it is ironic that the enterprise needs to care for her.

But points for stating JP's response to those doing the abuse.

Guess that contradicts all those that would rush in screaming: his followers are hating on a woman, so he must hating them as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    You are invoking universal morality by using the terms 'racism' and 'xenophobia'. Its like you are telling an Atheist that God isn't happy with him because he is 'sinning'.

Thats a pretty big claim to make without ever making an argument and just repeating 2 words over and over again.
    No, I'm using those words, because that appears to be exactly what you are referencing. Instead, you are trying to avoid using them... for ... reasons. Just because you don't want to believe those words exist, doesn't mean they don't.

I specifically asked you if your "same-group preferences" meant racism and xenophobia, and you refused to address it. Instead, you tried to take the philosophical route, and pretend such words don't exist in your world. Sorry, it sure does appear that you are trying to justify such forms of bigotry, especially since you refused to deny it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Better yet, he thinks he's winning because of it. Soon he'll start projecting again, then insult you and vanish.
    This coming from someone who calls black people "darkie homeboys." It's not exactly a big stretch to point out the obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This coming from someone who calls black people "darkie homeboys." It's not exactly a big stretch to point out the obvious.
    Just the ones good enough to stick to my in-group, hence the "homeboys". I also called you one in a satirical manner because you act so black you reverse my polarity.

You're still being obtuse, and to paraphrase yourself, just "using words". Start understanding them.

Just the ones good enough to stick to my in-group, hence the "homeboys". I also called you one in a satirical manner because you act so black you reverse my polarity.

You're still being obtuse, and to paraphrase yourself, just "using words". Start understanding them.
    Well, thanks for proving me right.

I understood the words just fine, which is why I called you out on them.

"Because only whites can be wayciss right? That darkie homeboy throwing the ol' Roman Nazilute up is cool? What if he pops a gang sign? Back to your sinkhole with you."

Yep, that's racist. I love white nationalists, you guys are so damn predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Thanks, now I don't need to watch it.

The fact that you seem supportive of indicates that he's a moron.
    Jesus christ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Or I have looked at how neoliberalism (and therefore globalism) has been the dominant ideology for several decades, and I realize that end-stage neoliberalism leads to disaster.

I think that the 'SJWs' are just shills for neoliberalism without knowing it. I think that most people on this board who are of the left fall into the same category. Are you any different?
    lol left wingers are not neo liberals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peterson is a beast though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    For the Jordan Peterson is a fascist waste of flesh crowd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ER1LOarlgg

For the Cathy Newman was just constantly attacking Jordan crowd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuPiSyV2UoU

Don't assume the worst of people you disagree with, the truth is usually far more mundane.
    Dude i still a fascist sympathizer tho.

https://np.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...essor/dfbtvpb/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, thanks for proving me right.

I understood the words just fine, which is why I called you out on them.

"Because only whites can be wayciss right? That darkie homeboy throwing the ol' Roman Nazilute up is cool? What if he pops a gang sign? Back to your sinkhole with you."

Yep, that's racist. I love white nationalists, you guys are so damn predictable.
    Predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

Oh noes, he speaks and directs his word to someone who classifies himself as "Alt-Right"! I can almost see his Hitler Mustache slowly growing in his face!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

If you could read instead of pasting links you'd find that he doesn't comment on the poster's politics in any way.

Unless you count "there's nothing wrong with being a conservative" as fascist sympathizing. :^}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    Peterson is a beast though
    As in "insane"?

- - - Updated - - -

If you could read instead of pasting links you'd find that he doesn't comment on the poster's politics in any way.

Unless you count "there's nothing wrong with being a conservative" as fascist sympathizing. :^}
    He is giving him tips, are you sure you can read?
    But have fun defending racism in your little debate with Macho.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It's not really drama.

Peterson went onto a show and the host misrepresented everything he was trying to say. He stumped her so bad that she had to take a pause to collect her thoughts. She was on the attack the entire time. Peterson just sat there while she humiliated herself.
    It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Most satisfying thing I've seen on a news show in ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how you define stupid.

She’s an ideologue, some ideologues are highly intelligent, but have a blind spot when it comes to their ideology - you see this quite often with jihadis, where many are qualified engineers and not dribbling morons, but are so devoted to their ideology they commit heinous crimes.

So when it comes to their ideology, they could be classed as stupid, but in other aspects are far from stupid.