Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No, I mean when a new expansion is released. Events *within* an expansion generally don't change existing loading screens, but afterwards they might. For an example Cata changed both the old world loading screens to reflect the most current racial leaders, and also WotLK's general loading screen to represent the Lich King's defeat. I imagine BfA will do the same to represent the current situation for Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.
    We are not gonna agree about this anytime soon. I don't care what Blizz thinks, Varian and Vol'jin have been dead for almost 1,5 years now, they both died right at the beginning of the xpac, not somewhere along the way. Arthas died in the middle of the xpac tho and back then, Blizz WAS able to update Northrend loading screen ASAP. They just don't care. Or they are cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    We are not gonna agree about this anytime soon. I don't care what Blizz thinks, Varian and Vol'jin have been dead for almost 1,5 years now, they both died right at the beginning of the xpac, not somewhere along the way. Arthas died in the middle of the xpac tho and back then, Blizz WAS able to update Northrend loading screen ASAP. They just don't care. Or they are cheap.
    I don't know if I'd put it down to maliciousness on Blizzard's part - it's probably more a matter of them not caring overly about a pretty minor detail, all in all.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    probably your lack of enthusiasm at this time is that they are not alliance?
    No, I really like void elves. Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted high elves, and I think I will probably always prefer high elves to blood elves as long as they retain their character and model of WC2 - and the LotR like relationship with humans and dwarves.. these are the 2 main things the blood elves don't have, besides I didn't like the reasons why the blood elves went horde, nor do I like the whole "naughty elf" or "not so pristine elf" vibe they have - don't get me wrong, I know some people love that, but I always loved the LotR elves, and it's another reason why I loved the night elves initially they seemed like LotR elves but with a bit more fire and aggression in them. [the whole immortal, wise, magical thing] and i loved that they had an amazing civilization etc.

What I didn't like about the night elves is that they haven't progressed at all in wow. Post WC3 i.e. wow, was when I was expecting them to finally start rebuilding and gathering themselves together after 10k years, form a civilziation again, arcane magic back, but praciticed in a pure way which was visibly disitnguished from abusive use. And they were to capture the super capability their description introduced with them - it was to be balanced by their morality - for e.g. the night elf's mo is very powerful, but the reason they weren't rolilng over the horde was because they were largely focused on world threats, and often had to rope the horde into helping to fight, despite them being in the alliance, but only barely in the alliance.

Blizzard ruined them, they turned them into human sidekick elves, and i held out a long time to see that change, the nightborne were really the embodiment of this change and finally some progression for the night elves, finally they would be getting back together and developing to make up for the 14 years of neglect. When the nightborne went horde instead at the same time the night elves shown to lose even more, I stopped being interested in them.

The void elves on the other hand, I really like the story, the vibe, the look too, they have their own identity, it's not high elf, nor blood elf, though they are both, I like the dark edgy feel and look to them a lot. I still like high elves and blood elevs to a lesser extent, and if high elves become playable, I would probably play one, but i think void elf has stolen it for me, at least for the dark classes - i.e. rogue, DK (if they allow it), shadow priest, warlock - if we ever get high elf, I would make it hunter, mage, discipline priest, paladin. If I try a nightborne it will definitely be a nightborne mage - kaldorei empire elves were always a favourite... however I am not happy with why Thalyssra is joining the horde (in game) - it's understable, but it's weak and diminishes her character.

The only way it may have worked was if she joined the horde but still maintained her friendship with the night elves or tried to. Sounds odd I know, but I don't like the reasons as much, and it's putting me off them.

Tbh, I would have preferred if the Thalassian elves were on the alliance, and the night elves were on the horde. Then we could have had the void elves go horde, and nightborne go alliance. That would have been way better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    No, I really like void elves. Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted high elves, and I think I will probably always prefer high elves to blood elves as long as they retain their character and model of WC2 - and the LotR like relationship with humans and dwarves.. these are the 2 main things the blood elves don't have, besides I didn't like the reasons why the blood elves went horde, nor do I like the whole "naughty elf" or "not so pristine elf" vibe they have - don't get me wrong, I know some people love that, but I always loved the LotR elves, and it's another reason why I loved the night elves initially they seemed like LotR elves but with a bit more fire and aggression in them. [the whole immortal, wise, magical thing] and i loved that they had an amazing civilization etc.

What I didn't like about the night elves is that they haven't progressed at all in wow. Post WC3 i.e. wow, was when I was expecting them to finally start rebuilding and gathering themselves together after 10k years, form a civilziation again, arcane magic back, but praciticed in a pure way which was visibly disitnguished from abusive use. And they were to capture the super capability their description introduced with them - it was to be balanced by their morality - for e.g. the night elf's mo is very powerful, but the reason they weren't rolilng over the horde was because they were largely focused on world threats, and often had to rope the horde into helping to fight, despite them being in the alliance, but only barely in the alliance.

Blizzard ruined them, they turned them into human sidekick elves, and i held out a long time to see that change, the nightborne were really the embodiment of this change and finally some progression for the night elves, finally they would be getting back together and developing to make up for the 14 years of neglect. When the nightborne went horde instead at the same time the night elves shown to lose even more, I stopped being interested in them.

The void elves on the other hand, I really like the story, the vibe, the look too, they have their own identity, it's not high elf, nor blood elf, though they are both, I like the dark edgy feel and look to them a lot. I still like high elves and blood elevs to a lesser extent, and if high elves become playable, I would probably play one, but i think void elf has stolen it for me, at least for the dark classes - i.e. rogue, DK (if they allow it), shadow priest, warlock - if we ever get high elf, I would make it hunter, mage, discipline priest, paladin. If I try a nightborne it will definitely be a nightborne mage - kaldorei empire elves were always a favourite... however I am not happy with why Thalyssra is joining the horde (in game) - it's understable, but it's weak and diminishes her character.

The only way it may have worked was if she joined the horde but still maintained her friendship with the night elves or tried to. Sounds odd I know, but I don't like the reasons as much, and it's putting me off them.

Tbh, I would have preferred if the Thalassian elves were on the alliance, and the night elves were on the horde. Then we could have had the void elves go horde, and nightborne go alliance. That would have been way better imo.
    the blood elves have good reasons not to trust the alliance !! as someone who loves the blood elf lore I know very well that the reasons why the blood elves are not part of the alliance are totally justified!
    also in the last few years the blood elves are becoming light elves! I hope to have my golden eyes soon !!
    for the light!! kill the humans!!

the blood elves have good reasons not to trust the alliance !! as someone who loves the blood elf lore I know very well that the reasons why the blood elves are not part of the alliance are totally justified!
    also in the last few years the blood elves are becoming light elves! I hope to have my golden eyes soon !!
    for the light!! kill the humans!!
    Yes, I know all that, I just don't like how it went down - they haven't told the best posssible story in this game, just the most convenient one to justify their faction/race choices which are made for non-story reasons.

They invent the reasons to justify this race going here or there, to fix or enhance the gameplay, not to write a good story, and so far, the story has suffered. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they tell nice stories, but the overall direction of the story has lost the sort of sparkle it had in WC2 & especially 3. The way they built this mmo, they should never have continued the story mainly in it. It should have continued to just be the place you experience the world of the warcraft series which we should be on at least 6 or 7 by now.

But hey, success does change things, wow was wildly successful beyond their dreams for it, and so warcraft the RTS died, and the series continued via the mmo that isn't designed to support a good story, or its developers who will change the story to tweak the gameplay regardless of what that would do - which in the long run results in a sub optimal story.

Yes, I know all that, I just don't like how it went down - they haven't told the best posssible story in this game, just the most convenient one to justify their faction/race choices which are made for non-story reasons.

They invent the reasons to justify this race going here or there, to fix or enhance the gameplay, not to write a good story, and so far, the story has suffered. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they tell nice stories, but the overall direction of the story has lost the sort of sparkle it had in WC2 & especially 3. The way they built this mmo, they should never have continued the story mainly in it. It should have continued to just be the place you experience the world of the warcraft series which we should be on at least 6 or 7 by now.

But hey, success does change things, wow was wildly successful beyond their dreams for it, and so warcraft the RTS died, and the series continued via the mmo that isn't designed to support a good story, or its developers who will change the story to tweak the gameplay regardless of what that would do - which in the long run results in a sub optimal story.
    wc3 is the first part of the story of why blood elves are not part of the alliance.

wc3 is the first part of the story of why blood elves are not part of the alliance.
    That's like saying WC2 was the first part of the story of why blood elves aren't part of the alliance because high elves didn't want to join the humans.

WC3 blood elves joined Illidan and they weren't officially out of the alliance at that point either. Blood elves joining the horde entirely happened in TBC story. WC3 was not the first part.

That's like saying WC2 was the first part of the story of why blood elves aren't part of the alliance because high elves didn't want to join the humans.

WC3 blood elves joined Illidan and they weren't officially out of the alliance at that point either. Blood elves joining the horde entirely happened in TBC story. WC3 was not the first part.
    When garithos condemned them to death blood elves stopped being a part of the alliance

When garithos condemned them to death blood elves stopped being a part of the alliance
    That's debatable at best, it is even more of a leap to say it was the first part of them joining the horde. Joining the horde was not on the horizon even after wow started, blood elves were enemies to both factions where you met them in Azshara, and we allknew Kael'thas was with Illidan in Outland. Illidan had his own faction then.

That's debatable at best, it is even more of a leap to say it was the first part of them joining the horde. Joining the horde was not on the horizon even after wow started, blood elves were enemies to both factions where you met them in Azshara, and we allknew Kael'thas was with Illidan in Outland. Illidan had his own faction then.
    leaving the alliance was the first step

leaving the alliance was the first step
    They didn't officially leave the alliance in WC3 either if I recall. So how can it be the first step? All of the horde joining thing happened in TBC. Not before.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    They didn't officially leave the alliance in WC3 either if I recall. So how can it be the first step? All of the horde joining thing happened in TBC. Not before.
    They left the Alliance after Warcraft 2, They joined the remnants that were in Lordaeron, and then Garithos broke those ties again. Then they were in talks about joining in Burning Crusade, and the Allliance further ruined the relationship.

The vast majority of the elves never cared for the Alliance, not in the way people so often think they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They left the Alliance after Warcraft 2, They joined the remnants that were in Lordaeron, and then Garithos broke those ties again. Then they were in talks about joining in Burning Crusade, and the Allliance further ruined the relationship.

That reminds me... was it ever explained why there was a whole Night elven troop in Quel'thalas?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That reminds me... was it ever explained why there was a whole Night elven troop in Quel'thalas?
    They were spying on the Blood Elves and ostensibly the Scourge activity in and around the Ghostlands.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    investigating the Sin'dorei's arcane sanctums dying, and their fight against the scourge.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    investigating the Sin'dorei's arcane sanctums dying, and their fight against the scourge.
    Investigating and sabotaging would be closer to truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Investigating and sabotaging would be closer to truth.
    It's never wrong if its the Alliance doing it though, you activated my trap card.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    It's never wrong if its the Alliance doing it though, you activated my trap card.
    So... Was there any reason for the Alliance to sabotage stuff? Maybe because of Kael and Illidan's shenanigans? Or was it just for reasons?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Was there any reason for the Alliance to sabotage stuff? Maybe because of Kael and Illidan's shenanigans? Or was it just for reasons?
    It depends on what the timeline is, if They learned about Kael, than it makes sense that they would be suspicious. Even so they sat back and ate popcorn instead of actually helping.
    Holy shit lol

the alliance tries to kill the ruler of quelthalas, kael has to kill troops of the alliance to be able to escape from dalaran and joins illidan, at that moment the kingdom of quelthalas left the alliance