Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Are personal loot tables restricted based on stats?

???
    If an item is not listed under any of the loot lists for your class you have no chance of getting it.

Deleted
    Thay just want to inflate the /time played metric, it should be evident by now.

Blizzard has been doing this across the board.

Hearthstone eliminated adventures, reduced the number of neutral legends, and gives each class two legends per expansion instead of one.

Heroes of the Storm changed to a loot crate system with mobile-like microtransaction currency and doesn't allow you to buy individual skins anymore.

Overwatch has its loot crates but also its predatory holiday events which sell limited-time loot crates with otherwise exorbitantly-priced legendary skins.

Starcraft II has introduced cosmetic microtransactions, but also was one of the first signifiers back when they split it into three separate game releases instead of expansion packs.

Diablo III remains fairly pure, but ask anyone in /r/diablo and you'll find it's because the game has been forgotten by Blizzard.

And then there's WoW. It has a monthly subscription, numerous cosmetic microtransactions, a handful of overpriced character services, and a full-priced expansion pack every two years... but it's been insidious about a lot of other practices.

Over the years and now more than ever, there are mobile-like daily login bonuses/requirements that push people to play and remain subscribed when they wouldn't have before, exploiting a psychological weakness in the playerbase.

So much of Legion - the countless timegates, the emissary bonuses, world quests, titanforging, legendary drops, old dungeons having their item levels raised, the paragon caches, legendary upgrade essences, and a ton I'm forgetting - is superficially improved gameplay with the very dangerous undertone of worming into the wallets of people who are innately impulsive and prone to sedentary routine. Timewalking and levelling was made slower without adding danger etc.

They're just no longer even hiding what they're doing. They have no need to anymore because forums are full of people “getting it”.

Just to complement, take a look at what they're doing with the Brood War scene:

Brood War gets a bit of momentum back going after people got tired of SC2;
    Scene gets revitalized;
    Daddy Blizzard decides to release Starcraft: Remastered. Promises HD graphics, new features, good ladder system, better netcode, less bugs;
    Independent ladder systems, like Fish, were promised they would be in-game. In return, they had to promote SCR;
    Tournament organizers were promised that SCR would bring more momentum into the scene, thus more tournaments, more money to players and more events. In return, they had to promote SCR and switch from Brood War to SCR;
    Scene is ecstatic about it;
    Game turned out garbage, filled with bugs, and all those promises were not fulfilled;
    Fish and other ladder systems got quickly removed from SCR in a patch;
    Blizzard now charges US$ 87,000 as a "tournament license fee" from SCR tournament organizers, which is more than most tournaments' prize pool. There was no such thing in BW;
    Scene is dwindling down, as everybody bet the farm on SCR, which turned out to be just a cash grab.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/broo...-to-begin-asl5
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/broo...zards-approach

I shall now wait for a conformist easy-to-please whiteknight to tell me what a trashposter I am, coming from a country with a paltry GDP and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Its not exactly mandatory, its just the default. Now the problem is that you cannot change it when you're solo, you need a group for that.

But there is a simple trick - create a group flagged as private in the group finder tool, which will put you into a group with only one member (yourself), and once you enter the dungeon, you can swap loot back to default group loot (the option only shows up when actually inside a dungeon).

This definitely works for dungeons, I have not personally tested raids, but I don't see why they should be different. The only exception is Ulduar, since they remade that place for Timewalking into a Flex Raid, so not sure what happens to it.
    I'm not sure I'm seeing this. I run ICC, DS, and ToT every week for mounts, and I haven't noticed any changes. I still get 3-5 pieces of loot per boss, both things I can use and things I can't, just like in group loot mode.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I doubt they are inflating the play time on... this.
    I get it, they did it before on MoP and WoD Legendary time gates, but why would they wanna increase the play time on a thing that firstly, have made easier in the past, and secondly a very low % of players actually participate in (not to mention they will actively reduce the number of players hunting transmog by these changes)

It's unintentional error, which could take weeks or months for them to revert tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post

Blizzard has been doing this across the board.

Hearthstone eliminated adventures, reduced the number of neutral legends, and gives each class two legends per expansion instead of one.

Heroes of the Storm changed to a loot crate system with mobile-like microtransaction currency and doesn't allow you to buy individual skins anymore.

Overwatch has its loot crates but also its predatory holiday events which sell limited-time loot crates with otherwise exorbitantly-priced legendary skins.

Starcraft II has introduced cosmetic microtransactions, but also was one of the first signifiers back when they split it into three separate game releases instead of expansion packs.

Diablo III remains fairly pure, but ask anyone in /r/diablo and you'll find it's because the game has been forgotten by Blizzard.

And then there's WoW. It has a monthly subscription, numerous cosmetic microtransactions, a handful of overpriced character services, and a full-priced expansion pack every two years... but it's been insidious about a lot of other practices.

Over the years and now more than ever, there are mobile-like daily login bonuses/requirements that push people to play and remain subscribed when they wouldn't have before, exploiting a psychological weakness in the playerbase.

So much of Legion - the countless timegates, the emissary bonuses, world quests, titanforging, legendary drops, old dungeons having their item levels raised, the paragon caches, legendary upgrade essences, and a ton I'm forgetting - is superficially improved gameplay with the very dangerous undertone of worming into the wallets of people who are innately impulsive and prone to sedentary routine. Timewalking and levelling was made slower without adding danger etc.

They're just no longer even hiding what they're doing. They have no need to anymore because forums are full of people “getting it”.

Just to complement, take a look at what they're doing with the Brood War scene:

Brood War gets a bit of momentum back going after people got tired of SC2;
    Scene gets revitalized;
    Daddy Blizzard decides to release Starcraft: Remastered. Promises HD graphics, new features, good ladder system, better netcode, less bugs;
    Independent ladder systems, like Fish, were promised they would be in-game. In return, they had to promote SCR;
    Tournament organizers were promised that SCR would bring more momentum into the scene, thus more tournaments, more money to players and more events. In return, they had to promote SCR and switch from Brood War to SCR;
    Scene is ecstatic about it;
    Game turned out garbage, filled with bugs, and all those promises were not fulfilled;
    Fish and other ladder systems got quickly removed from SCR in a patch;
    Blizzard now charges US$ 87,000 as a "tournament license fee" from SCR tournament organizers, which is more than most tournaments' prize pool. There was no such thing in BW;
    Scene is dwindling down, as everybody bet the farm on SCR, which turned out to be just a cash grab.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/broo...-to-begin-asl5
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/broo...zards-approach

I shall now wait for a conformist easy-to-please whiteknight to tell me what a trashposter I am, coming from a country with a paltry GDP and all.
    Seriously, just stop. Your entire post is a load of hot garbage.

Take legit any of the changes you complain about and reverse them..
    As an example - Imagine in Hearthstone if they went from 2 class legendaries to 1 - People would start QQing that they are pushing to make every class the same since the important cards are now neutrals, no difference between the classes as a result etc.

Impossible to sate everyone.

It was an unintended consequence and they've already addressed it?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So how do I set my paladin to unholy for the DK set gear?
    You've never been able to get other class's set pieces added to your appearance tab. That's not a recent change. I'm a druid. I've never been able to learn rogue, monk, or demon hunter set pieces.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Pre-WoD bosses dropped multiple items for 5+ people so you would usually get multiple items dropping. Now you just get 1 per boss and not necessarily a mog item

- - - Updated - - -

Well Blizzard don't really read EU official forums either
    Not to mention, if you are a warr/dk for example, you can't get those mogs for int cloaks/int plate items that you can actually use as xmog. Guess you have to a pally to complete plate gear now.. same issue for rogues, and hunters for their respective leather/mail gear with int on it.. in the before times when main stat didnt just swap based on your spec and had their own respective int/agi/str mogs

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You've never been able to get other class's set pieces added to your appearance tab. That's not a recent change. I'm a druid. I've never been able to learn rogue, monk, or demon hunter set pieces.
    yes and no at the same time
    you can get look alike which drops from greater invasions/world bosses/raid bosses (since legion If i'm not mistaken)
    as for actual tier sets you are right and everything pre legion

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can set the spec you want personal loot to draw from. The default is set to your current spec. It has been that way for a while now. I'm guessing you don't play or you are complaining about issues that clearly were never an issue for you to begin with.
    So, what spec would a Rogue set to so they could get Int weapons like daggers/maces/swords? Asking for a friend ....

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    yes and no at the same time
    you can get look alike which drops from greater invasions/world bosses/raid bosses (since legion If i'm not mistaken)
    as for actual tier sets you are right and everything pre legion
    There's always been lookalike recolor sets. Since I still do ToT for mounts I'd see an interesting leather piece drop, look it up on wowhead, and go "ok, cool, that's the monk tier shoulder recolor." But their own sets, no. The rule of thumb was your character has to be able to equip them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    So, what spec would a Rogue set to so they could get Int weapons like daggers/maces/swords? Asking for a friend ....
    Same spec my druid can spec into to get agi daggers or str 2h maces from things like baleful: none. You'll have to roll another class.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't make it an option on your character.
    Because Blizzard genuinely seems to believe that every player is mentally retarded and that options would scare and confuse us. No, no, cant have that, gotta simplify and homogenize enough that the poor slow little Corky-Players can understand.

This mentality is what cost us proper pvp gearing and reforging too.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This + being locked to items 'appropriate to your loot spec.' So if you're a rogue, you can't get any item that only rolls strength, so all strength weapons are locked out even though they might be usable by your class and therefore unlockable via transmog.

You get less loot, AND you can't get anything that your class wouldn't normally use.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Ask Mr. Robot is what ruined reforging. There was no thinking to reforging - You logged out, updated Mr. Robot, and made it decide what to reforge each item to.

They didn't mind it when it was a choice. But all it really did was become an extra step to putting on a new item. That's why it was removed.
    You had the option of forging for the stats of your choice to better tune how you wanted to play. Not everyone just went right for max theoretical sim dps they would never actually obtain anyways. I personally have always leaned towards higher haste builds because i like the faster apm playstyle. Old Frost DKs are a good example too, being able to go full haste/crit for 2H builds, or stack mastery for DW howling blast builds.

The point being, it was a removal of choice and the blue post explaining the decision literally said something about it being too confusing for new players. But yes, you are right, many just mindlessly followed AMR or whatever their sim recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This has been tested? It works as described?
    I personally haven't tested it, but based on the testimonies of people in this thread who say they have: Yes, that method works, for RAIDS only though, not for dungeons which apparently are 100% forced personal loot.

The workaround is only really required apparently for the raids that had personal loot implemented already like Siege of Orgrimmar and up.

As a Ex (Ranged) Survival hunter and WoW player giving Hunters the middle finger seems to be one of blizzards favorite things.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    As a Ex (Ranged) Survival hunter and WoW player giving Hunters the middle finger seems to be one of blizzards favorite things.
    RIP The Real Survival Spec and WoD Marks.

This new garbage will never surpass you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    You had the option of forging for the stats of your choice to better tune how you wanted to play. Not everyone just went right for max theoretical sim dps they would never actually obtain anyways. I personally have always leaned towards higher haste builds because i like the faster apm playstyle. Old Frost DKs are a good example too, being able to go full haste/crit for 2H builds, or stack mastery for DW howling blast builds.

The point being, it was a removal of choice and the blue post explaining the decision literally said something about it being too confusing for new players. But yes, you are right, many just mindlessly followed AMR or whatever their sim recommended.
    Even if that's the case though, it still just added an extra step before equipping an item and was a chore. Whether you did it the recommended way from Ask Mr. Robot or you did it your way, there was still an optimal way to reforge based on your playstyle. The only real choice was which direction you'd choose to go, not which stats you'd reforge.

Regardless of whether you liked it or not, reforging turned getting a new drop into a multi step process that significantly reduced the excitement of getting that new piece of gear because it meant spending money (gold) and time to go and make it "right" before equipping it. That's just stupid.

Deleted
    WTF really? this is just stupid, and I was planning to farm some sets soon on classes I never played before. F.CK.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A truly cynical tinfoil hat sort might suggest that the personal loot change was made to artificially inflate account activity and play time by forcing more play on alts, thereby inflating the number of new chars rolled and allowing Blizzard to point and scream "SEE! Look at all those 'new players'. Game is alive and well!"

But those tinfoil hat guys are jerks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    better question...why is it any time the easiest class in the game (hunters) dont get their way, they make countless threads about not getting their way?
    What are you on about ? Mog Hunters isn't a class